The States: Where We Wish Texas Would Secede Already

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    That does it, pull the plug on the internet.

I always assumed these cretins were out there, but I didn't need to know for sure.

Let me go back to my illusions that my friends are a cross section of the American public. "It's OK to only have a tier 1 Masters. We don't think less of you."
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      As if Minnesota didn’t have enough asshats running for R nomination for gov…former Hennepin co sheriff rich stanick is now running
      Based on what he has already said he has almost no chance to win. Ending COVID mandates, Guns, The Big Lie and so on is going to get him trounced in the Cities. And of course:

“Rich Stanek spent his political career mired in inappropriate controversy and disgraced himself by repeatedly using the n-word and defending his use of it," said DFL Chairman Ken Martin in a released statement Tuesday. "His repeated use of racial slurs, his long standing opposition to common-sense gun safety measures, and the multiple police brutality lawsuits against him make him unfit for the office of governor and a downright dangerous option for Minnesotans.”
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Based on what he has already said he has almost no chance to win. Ending COVID mandates, Guns, The Big Lie and so on is going to get him trounced in the Cities. And of course:

“Rich Stanek spent his political career mired in inappropriate controversy and disgraced himself by repeatedly using the n-word and defending his use of it," said DFL Chairman Ken Martin in a released statement Tuesday. "His repeated use of racial slurs, his long standing opposition to common-sense gun safety measures, and the multiple police brutality lawsuits against him make him unfit for the office of governor and a downright dangerous option for Minnesotans.”
        You realize that 40% of the country thinks those are features, right?

MinnGOP should send the DFL a thank-you note for saving them the trouble of blowing on the dog whistles themselves….

If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

"His repeated use of racial slurs, his long standing opposition to common-sense gun safety measures, and the multiple police brutality lawsuits against him make him an ideal Republican candidate, spiritual leader, and father figure"
          Fixed.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Fixed.
            That would have been an epic troll.
            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Texas Gov. Greg Abbott said “no one can guarantee” there won’t be power outages during a winter storm, despite promising months before to the millions affected by last year’s freeze that the lights would stay on this year.
              https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/s...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

They effectively did NOTHING to address the problems they had last year. Except give the power companies a **** ton of money.

The best quote from the thread.

"We're flying electric helicopters on Mars yet you can't turn on your clothes dryer in Texas. That's because scientists are in charge of Mars, and Republicans are in charge of Texas."
              Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 02-02-2022, 01:13 PM.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

You realize that 40% of the country thinks those are features, right?

MinnGOP should send the DFL a thank-you note for saving them the trouble of blowing on the dog whistles themselves….
                Even 40% here gets him murdered in the contest. The MNGOP sucks anyways and hasn't won since Dubya was President. Statewide elections in Minnesota are controlled by The Twin Cities with Duluth, Rochester and St. Cloud having some importance as well because of population. The Twin Cities (outside some lilly white suburbs) will go 70/30 against him easy, Duluth won't vote for him in sufficient numbers and you can bet money Rochester goes for Walz. The math doesn't work. If the MNGOP nominates this clown he will lose faster than whoever they put up against Klobuchar for Senator. They would be better off with Matt Birk and that is only cause people know his name.

His only shot at political victory is for a smaller electoral map. House of Reps or State Leg. Minneapolis is so anti everything he stands for he has already lost. Hell all of the MNGOP is pretty much dead because none seem to even be courting the middle just the far right. That might get them votes where people are scarce (or where teeth are scarce) but the population centers for the most part pay them no mind.

I am sure he will be a Faux News darling if he wins the nom...but better candidates than him in more welcoming climates have lost and Walz's popularity is back on the rise. (was 49% in September, 57% in December though neither poll is that great a barometer) If he wasn't a hated sherriff he would have a chance on the "Law and Order" ticket but Minneapolis and Saint Paul are not about to elect a Governor who regular used racial slurs (and defended it) and had quite a few complaints IIRC. There is a reason he lost his last election for sherriff.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/s...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

They effectively did NOTHING to address the problems they had last year. Except give the power companies a **** ton of money.

The best quote from the thread.
                  Meanwhile Beto is driving his truck all over the state telling people why it is happening and how he will fix it. If these nimrods vote for the GOP again (which they will) we should revoke their statehood.
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Meanwhile Beto is driving his truck all over the state telling people why it is happening and how he will fix it. If these nimrods vote for the GOP again (which they will) we should revoke their statehood.
                    I had completely forgotten his existence.

Likewise, somebody mentioned Buttigieg yesterday and I actually had to double-take.

In all honesty, I don't miss either. The former could easily be the next Sinema; the latter is the next Evan Bayh.
                    Cornell University

Comment

• Beto is running for Governor so he isn't exactly gone. Mayor Pete is being the good little soldier for Biden.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Beto is running for Governor so he isn't exactly gone. Mayor Pete is being the good little soldier for Biden.
                        I know they'll be around again, I'm just not missing either of them while they are being eclipsed by grass growing.

Beto smells so John Edwards I practically gag when I see him, but if he's the dumb lummox who gives us Tejas, bring on the Barbasol.

Buttigieg, meh, I like his husband.
                        Cornell University

Comment

I know they'll be around again, I'm just not missing either of them while they are being eclipsed by grass growing.

Beto smells so John Edwards I practically gag when I see him, but if he's the dumb lummox who will gives us Tejas, bring on the Barbasol.
                          He's got no chance in Texas after his gun remark.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

He's got no chance in Texas after his gun remark.
                            Who knows anymore? We are so tribal now I doubt any actual position can move any electorate.

Why do you think the conservatives will do anything to keep people from the polls?
                            Cornell University

Comment

Who knows anymore? We are so tribal now I doubt any actual position can move any electorate.

Why do you think the conservatives will do anything to keep people from the polls?
                              They run the "I'm coming for your guns" clip non stop, and half of the Dems will vote R because they love their guns down there too.

hell, whoever runs against him in the primary should run that clip non stop

Comment

• I would normally agree but if they lose power again this winter and summer (which lets be honest, they will) he has a shot. Abbott was friggin booed at the Trump rally I don't think they are going to come out for him.

That is the monkey wrench in all this...the Trumpers. They might screw Texas like they did (and will do again) GA.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X