X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

I can't speak to what research Fairview might be doing. I was simply commenting on your disapproval of public universities having any for-profit enterprises. I think there are some merits to having a for-profit part, for certain things.
    Well, the profitability is not in itself a merit because it comes with strings. The research contracts that universities take on implicate them in a lot of shady sh-t. But they are cocaine to the bursar and the provost.

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I see your point, but I don't think that's what Fairview-M Health is. You think they're doing research in the clinic down the street? Do you think they're using any Fairview-M Health research in a way that's different from any other clinic?
    I can't speak to what research Fairview might be doing. I was simply commenting on your disapproval of public universities having any for-profit enterprises. I think there are some merits to having a for-profit part, for certain things.

Leave a comment:

• unofan
    replied
    Originally posted by aparch View Post

As someone who grew up on food aid in Michigan, this is an appalling list and action by the Iowa GOP.

No fresh meat? So, no ground beef for sloppy joes? For hamburgers? For meat in spaghetti?

No sliced cheese? So cheese for a sandwich can't be pre-sliced?

For a state that whines about it's farmers, this bill seems to be a direct shot against them.
    Fwiw, every single lobbyist other than the local arm of heritage and some libertarian think tank from Maine are either registered against it or undeclared, including some major GOP donors.

Also, to do it would require a waiver from the Feds, which is doubtful under the current administration.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by aparch View Post

As someone who grew up on food aid in Michigan, this is an appalling list and action by the Iowa GOP.

No fresh meat? So, no ground beef for sloppy joes? For hamburgers? For meat in spaghetti?

For a state that whines about it's farmers, this bill seems to be a direct shot against them.
    This right here is what struck me the most. How does banning fresh meat help the state of Iowa? Hello?!? Pork ring a bell to anyone or is there too much corn in your ears?

DUmb-as-ses

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

I don't know, the University of Minnesota makes a boatload of money out of it's start ups and monetizing its research.
    I see your point, but I don't think that's what Fairview-M Health is. You think they're doing research in the clinic down the street? Do you think they're using any Fairview-M Health research in a way that's different from any other clinic?

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

But then we have the meat. Just loading up on sodium and preservatives. Though this is likely due to the ever popular “guy on welfare buying Wagyu and lobster” stories.

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied

Even withtout the potential merger, I hate everything about what M Health / Fairview is. Everything. I am firmly, firmly against public universities having for-profit enterprises.
    I don't know, the University of Minnesota makes a boatload of money out of it's start ups and monetizing its research.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

The second point is why this Sanford-Fairview merger is potentially troubling. Sanford doesn’t have a great history with it.
    Even withtout the potential merger, I hate everything about what M Health / Fairview is. Everything. I am firmly, firmly against public universities having for-profit enterprises.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post

I was bartending even where someone who works for Emmer (a 20 something female) was talking to a couple other local GOPers and they seemed upset about that...and also seemed shocked that the GOP can't seem to make much headway. She seemed nice but they all sounded so completely out of touch. (this was a Boat Show private party deal so by nature it was rich white dbags)
    Because their brains look like swiss cheese. They're all amygdala and no frontal cortex. They literally can't logic their way into knowledge. It has to violently attack them and make them afraid. It's the only way their stupid lizard brains learn.

It's the same reaon they have two jokes, they always punch down, and it's always based in fear.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied

At the same time, MN is going to ban conversion therapy and make gender affirming care more accessible.
    The second point is why this Sanford-Fairview merger is potentially troubling. Sanford doesn’t have a great history with it.

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

Trying to figure out the rationale on these. The grains, beans, and cheese are definitely going to be healthier, but now they’re literally codifying what they raged about for the entire Obama presidency with Michelle’s school lunch program trying to get people to eat better.

But then we have the meat. Just loading up on sodium and preservatives. Though this is likely due to the ever popular “guy on welfare buying Wagyu and lobster” stories.
    That is the only thing I can come up with for rationale with this. They also play the usual "sketchy economics" game by assuming that someone with two vehicles must be rolling in the dough.

The GOP truly believes that the lies they made up are indeed reality.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

By all means, please build that plant in Michigan instead. Thanks, Youngkin.
    Well if he ever runs for President he can say he helped create jobs else where ;^)

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

At the same time, MN is going to ban conversion therapy and make gender affirming care more accessible.
    I was bartending even where someone who works for Emmer (a 20 something female) was talking to a couple other local GOPers and they seemed upset about that...and also seemed shocked that the GOP can't seem to make much headway. She seemed nice but they all sounded so completely out of touch. (this was a Boat Show private party deal so by nature it was rich white dbags)

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Jesus iowa

https://***********/samischeetz/stat...ZvxmJ688bsffwA

IA GOP proposing new restriction on what you can buy with SNAP

Trying to figure out the rationale on these. The grains, beans, and cheese are definitely going to be healthier, but now they’re literally codifying what they raged about for the entire Obama presidency with Michelle’s school lunch program trying to get people to eat better.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Jesus iowa

https://***********/samischeetz/stat...ZvxmJ688bsffwA

IA GOP proposing new restriction on what you can buy with SNAP

Last edited by dxmnkd316; 01-20-2023, 09:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X