X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SJHovey
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

But again, farm aid is an argument based on reason -- self interest.

Look at the GOP just bending rural voters over and fucking them again and again and again. And in response they vote straight ticket red every election. Because you don't have to give them anything real, in fact it doesn't help. You have to pay creatures in the coin that moves them, and rural whites consume bigotry and self-obsessive victimization. So tell them every second that all their problems are caused by the rich man who lives on the hill in their town. He controls the money supply, he controls the infrastructure of commerce, he controls international finance and thus their markets. They aren't failing, he's hurting them!

There is a natural, normal, healthy hatred of capital in the crabbed little heart and atrophied brain of every farm derp. Activate it!!! Send their trucks and their boobocratic representatives after JP Morgan and Wells Fargo and UnitedHealth Group and ExxonMobile.

Divide et impera. Set America's enemies against each other. And stop trying to assign any sort of ethical consciousness to the Right. They are flatworms motivated by passions and unburdened by reason.

In North Dakota, been there, done that. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonpartisan_League

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Living here is weird. They vote against people like me, but they will help me if I have a flat on the side of the road.
    The East is exactly the opposite.

But we have AAA. There's no AAA for civil rights.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Living here is weird. They vote against people like me, but they will help me if I have a flat on the side of the road.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Have you ever actually met a rural person?
    I'm related to a bunch of them.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Have you ever actually met a rural person?

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

We deliver farm bills to them over and over and over again. That's direct money in their pocket. I do not think they are persuadable without abandoning 90% of the current DNC platform.
    But again, farm aid is an argument based on reason -- self interest.

Look at the GOP just bending rural voters over and fucking them again and again and again. And in response they vote straight ticket red every election. Because you don't have to give them anything real, in fact it doesn't help. You have to pay creatures in the coin that moves them, and rural whites consume bigotry and self-obsessive victimization. So tell them every second that all their problems are caused by the rich man who lives on the hill in their town. He controls the money supply, he controls the infrastructure of commerce, he controls international finance and thus their markets. They aren't failing, he's hurting them!

There is a natural, normal, healthy hatred of capital in the crabbed little heart and atrophied brain of every farm derp. Activate it!!! Send their trucks and their boobocratic representatives after JP Morgan and Wells Fargo and UnitedHealth Group and ExxonMobile.

Divide et impera. Set America's enemies against each other. And stop trying to assign any sort of ethical consciousness to the Right. They are flatworms motivated by passions and unburdened by reason.

Last edited by Kepler; 05-13-2022, 10:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

They still get a vote, though, so we have to deal with them as a fact, like an infection in the bloodstream or a boulder in the roadway.

The problem Democrats have had with rural voters is we have tried to reason with them. That's what we need to abandon. They are inanimate objects - simply find the lever to move them. They work on hatred and envy and revenge, so turn those forces in the correct direction. Redirect them from murdering poor blacks to murdering rich whites. Or, failing that, each other.

Dealing with reactionaries isn't a problem in political science. It's a problem in fluid dynamics. They are either a resource to be exploited or a waste product to be neutralized.
    We deliver farm bills to them over and over and over again. That's direct money in their pocket. I do not think they are persuadable without abandoning 90% of the current DNC platform.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Totally disagree. Rural voters don't vote with any sort of intelligence. It's all visceral. They along with everyone else have stood by, prayed to Saint Reagan, and sold out the United States to foreigners and corporations.

Fuck em.
    They still get a vote, though, so we have to deal with them as a fact, like an infection in the bloodstream or a boulder in the roadway.

The problem Democrats have had with rural voters is we have tried to reason with them. That's what we need to abandon. They are inanimate objects - simply find the lever to move them. They work on hatred and envy and revenge, so turn those forces in the correct direction. Redirect them from murdering poor blacks to murdering rich whites. Or, failing that, each other.

Dealing with reactionaries isn't a problem in political science. It's a problem in fluid dynamics. They are either a resource to be exploited or a waste product to be neutralized.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    I’m sure most folks here vehemently disagree with her: https://www.mainepublic.org/politics...ters?_amp=true
    I agree with her, at least what's in this interview. Short of a complete overhaul of our system of government, we (rational thinking people) can't simply ignore rural americans. Sure, it's easy to dismiss them as they great unwashed masses, but those same people vote and unless we're ready for a ridiculous apartheid-like government, we need to convince them to stop voting for the fascists.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    I’m sure most folks here vehemently disagree with her: https://www.mainepublic.org/politics...ters?_amp=true
    Totally disagree. Rural voters don't vote with any sort of intelligence. It's all visceral. They along with everyone else have stood by, prayed to Saint Reagan, and sold out the United States to foreigners and corporations.

Fuck em.

Leave a comment:

• Drew S.
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied
    Aha!!

So that's why there's a shortage. Giving it to all the furriners. Just like your jobs.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    To be fair if you starve then as infants you don’t have to provide schooling for them.

the party of life!

https://twitter.com/evanasmith/statu...hC57hUw2RbcAEQ

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    I’m excited to see a preggo woman kill her fetus with the drug and then see who is all charged with homicide

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    Specifically, “a pharmacist shall not contact the prescribing physician or the patient to dispute the efficacy of ivermectin or hydroxychloroquine sulfate tablets for human use…” unless the doctor or patient specifically asks.
    I hope people in Missouri start dropping like flies. I really don't give a **** how many people die of utter stupidity.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X