Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The States: Where We Wish Texas Would Secede Already

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

    I can't tell if you're joking. Because... the GOP stupid enough to fall for that.
    Most republicans I know looked at the 2008 loss and took the lesson of "we weren't conservative enough, Palin should have been on top of the ticket".
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Swansong View Post

      Most republicans I know looked at the 2008 loss and took the lesson of "we weren't conservative enough, Palin should have been on top of the ticket".
      That was what the entire party took from it. Their Post-Mortem told them they were dead in a generation unless they reversed their policies and rhetoric on xenophobia, homophobia, racism, and misogyny (the war-mongering was fine). They took it and burned it at a Nazi rally and have never looked back.
      Last edited by Kepler; 09-15-2021, 04:06 PM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Swansong View Post

        Most republicans I know looked at the 2008 loss and took the lesson of "we weren't conservative enough, Palin should have been on top of the ticket".
        I shudder at the thought of “President from Wasilla”.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

        Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Swansong View Post
          Most republicans I know looked at the 2008 loss and took the lesson of "we weren't conservative enough, Palin should have been on top of the ticket".
          Yep, late 2008/early 2009 is the first rumblings I can remember hearing and reading of McCain being a "turncoat liberal" and righties realizing (too late) that Shrub was a low functioning, pu55y fck-up raised by the country club staff. Sadly it only led them to doubling down and going with candidates who are both stupid and malevolent. Same thing happened with Romney - they hated him in 2008, pretended to like him in 2012, then immediately went back to hating him and Paul Ryan at triple the intensity after they lost.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

            I can't tell if you're joking. Because... the GOP stupid enough to fall for that.
            It probably isn't ideal but the other GOPers that ran made no waves. Elder, running as Trump-Dark, was able to steal the base. They are gonna get crushed anyways so it makes sense if he wants to run to run him again. He will lose even worse though when it isn't a recall setup.

            See I just don't see many minorities voting for a Black Man who thinks the descendants of Slave Owners deserve reparations.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

            "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

            Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

            Comment


            • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

              Yep, late 2008/early 2009 is the first rumblings I can remember hearing and reading of McCain being a "turncoat liberal" and righties realizing (too late) that Shrub was a low functioning, pu55y fck-up raised by the country club staff. Sadly it only led them to doubling down and going with candidates who are both stupid and malevolent. Same thing happened with Romney - they hated him in 2008, pretended to like him in 2012, then immediately went back to hating him and Paul Ryan at triple the intensity after they lost.
              Yep. That is why Ryan never wanted to be Speaker and basically walked away from politics.

              So...thanks Trump!
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

              "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

              Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

              Comment


              • Apparently Beto running for Texas gov

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  Apparently Beto running for Texas gov
                  He's charismatic, I don't care if he's silly. He gives us a shot.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                    He's charismatic, I don't care if he's silly. He gives us a shot.
                    I love him for Texas.

                    Comment


                    • He is picking the right time to announce since Abbotts recent numbers are heading to Trumplandia territory. (he is at 45%)
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

                      "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

                      Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                      Comment


                      • "Hell yeah we're coming for your guns!"

                        He's got no shot.
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

                        Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          "Hell yeah we're coming for your guns!"

                          He's got no shot.
                          Who knows? The gun fondling fucktard contingent in TX is dropping.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                          Comment


                          • Beto is a Texan's idea of a communist and a Californian's idea of a conservative. He'll lose.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              Beto is a Texan's idea of a communist and a Californian's idea of a conservative. He'll lose.
                              Never underestimate the ability of a straight white male to fail upwards.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                                Who knows? The gun fondling fucktard contingent in TX is dropping.
                                From 90% to 89%.

                                Democrats in Texas like their guns, too.

                                Beto has no chance because the GOP can run one ad on repeat against him.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X