Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The States: Where We Wish Texas Would Secede Already

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Texas Dems are walking out of the special legislative session in order to prevent a quorum. It will be a little trickier than last time when they walked out during the final few hours of the regular session. This time around they’ll need to be out of the state for possibly weeks.
    Ted Cruz recommends Cancun
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites


    Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

    Comment


    • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

      Meanwhile, cons think they're being "shadow banned" by social media sites because no one will like or retweet their sh*tty, bigoted, willfully ignorant opinions.
      Every villain thinks they're a hero in a different movie.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

      Comment


      • They can also be arrested for leaving if I read right and you know that is coming if true...
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

        "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

        Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          They can also be arrested for leaving if I read right and you know that is coming if true...
          They need to go to a deeply blue state with a hard blue AG who isn't a moron.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

          Comment


          • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

            They need to go to a deeply blue state with a hard blue AG who isn't a moron.
            It would appear that flew to DC.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

            "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

            Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

            Comment


            • Checks out
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

              Comment


              • Abbott says the Dems will be arrested upon return to Texas

                https://mobile.twitter.com/Steven_St...36762472976387

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  Abbott says the Dems will be arrested upon return to Texas

                  https://mobile.twitter.com/Steven_St...36762472976387
                  lmao

                  what a little *****.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                  Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    Abbott says the Dems will be arrested upon return to Texas

                    https://mobile.twitter.com/Steven_St...36762472976387
                    Every R in this country can DIAF.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                    Comment


                    • Eh they knew that was going to happen and we would be cheering if our side did that. They just need to wait it out the arrest will be a dog and pony show and likely help them more than hurt them. (Which they know they did the calculus)
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

                      "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

                      Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        we would be cheering if our side did that
                        Speak for yourself. Denying a quorum is a legal procedural maneuver in a democracy. Arresting people for doing that is insane.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                          Speak for yourself. Denying a quorum is a legal procedural maneuver in a democracy. Arresting people for doing that is insane.
                          The arrest in this case isn't to put them in jail, it's to drag them back to the Capitol to ensure a quorum is present. That is also standard in these cases (which is why they fled the state in the first place).

                          It's the legislative equivalent of a contempt of court: the person can get out immediately by complying, or in this case, being present in the Capitol.
                          Last edited by unofan; 07-13-2021, 10:54 AM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by unofan View Post

                            The arrest in this case isn't to put them in jail, it's to drag them back to the Capitol to ensure a quorum is present. That is also standard in these cases (which is why they fled the state in the first place).

                            It's the legislative equivalent of a contempt of court: the person can get out immediately by complying, or in this case, being present in the Capitol.
                            Interdiction to force attendance is kidnapping.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                              Interdiction to force attendance is kidnapping.
                              No. They swore an oath to do their duty. The governor legally called a special session. They should be there. Full stop.

                              You really want to put the ability to halt US Senate business in the hands of 30 or 35 quorum-defying Republicans? We'd long for the good-old-days when it was just the filibuster.

                              Breaking quorum may be a "legal procedural maneuver" - but it's one that nevertheless has consequences.
                              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

                                No. They swore an oath to do their duty. The governor legally called a special session. They should be there. Full stop.

                                You really want to put the ability to halt US Senate business in the hands of 30 or 35 quorum-defying Republicans? We'd long for the good-old-days when it was just the filibuster.

                                Breaking quorum may be a "legal procedural maneuver" - but it's one that nevertheless has consequences.
                                OK, OK, jeez. I give.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X