Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The States: Where We Wish Texas Would Secede Already

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    This has to be made illegal. I just don't know how.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

    Comment


    • Either that or we the People can rent the National Guard for birthday parties.
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites


      Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

      Comment


      • Originally posted by bronconick View Post
        Either that or we the People can rent the National Guard for birthday parties.
        Or to quash protests
        or strikes
        or whatever *** holes like Koch want

        Our troops are not for sale. That's it. Period. I didn't think that was difficult.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

        Comment


        • NYC is really screwing up this mayoral primary.

          First they released preliminary info, which only included in-person votes. I guess it can help decipher patterns and see how much in-person differs from absentee, but you can’t just tack later votes on in RCV, everything needs to be in to begin the process. It’s like posting the final stats of a football game, but really there are plays being added to previous possessions that will affect the final score.

          Second, and even worse, it turns out they had 130k votes of test data in their official tabulations that they’re now going back to fix.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

          1966, 1986, 2007

          Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

          Comment


          • Third, the guy in the lead lives in Jersey ;^)
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

            "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

            Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

            Comment


            • I actually have no problem with preliminary totals being released. That’s how literally EVERY election has been counted for as long as I can remember.

              As to the test results included, shot happens. It shouldn’t, but it does. Fix the error, audit the results after finalized, publish everything. I’m shocked this doesn’t happen more often.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                NYC is really screwing up this mayoral primary.

                First they released preliminary info, which only included in-person votes. I guess it can help decipher patterns and see how much in-person differs from absentee, but you can’t just tack later votes on in RCV, everything needs to be in to begin the process. It’s like posting the final stats of a football game, but really there are plays being added to previous possessions that will affect the final score.

                Second, and even worse, it turns out they had 130k votes of test data in their official tabulations that they’re now going back to fix.
                This will only fuel the "2020 was rigged!" crowd.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  I actually have no problem with preliminary totals being released. That?s how literally EVERY election has been counted for as long as I can remember.

                  As to the test results included, shot happens. It shouldn?t, but it does. Fix the error, audit the results after finalized, publish everything. I?m shocked this doesn?t happen more often.
                  I think it’s different with RCV. In plurality, media outlets may project a winner and eliminate candidates before all votes are counted, but the board of elections will wait until everything is done to report.

                  What NYC is doing right now is having the official body reporting that candidates are eliminated who theoretically may still be in the race. I don’t think it’s a great look to have that type of flip flop happen. Maybe this is how it works in some other countries/cities that utilize RCV, but it was hard to tell. The first couple I looked up don’t appear to have as heavy of mail-in ballot usage or are for smaller elections where the whole process is finished the next day.
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

                  1966, 1986, 2007

                  Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

                    This will only fuel the "2020 was rigged!" crowd.
                    They need encouragement?
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

                      This will only fuel the "2020 was rigged!" crowd.
                      Seriously, what won't?
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

                      Comment


                      • Two points:
                        1. It is absolutely bonkers to me that someone can "fund the national guard to <xxx> in another state". It's one thing to put on a parade or concert or whatever and have them there as security or display or whatever, but it's another thing entirely to hire them to go perform military maneuvers in another state. This is completely insane to me.
                        2. NYC BOE completely mangled this. RCV should absolutely not release preliminary results. Especially if they don't count certain votes before in-person ones. Also, the post-mark deadline really needs to be much, much earlier to avoid USPS-induced delays like what happened last year. And this says nothing about the absurd mistake they made but NOT CLEARING TEST DATA. That's utterly inexcusable. Being government work I will assume they just put off the "work" part until it was too late and demanded that the IT folks do 6 weeks of work in 3 days, but honestly who could know right now. Just a complete and total screwup and heads need to roll.
                        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

                        Comment


                        • Imagine if any of us peons were to call up our Governor's office and ask to rent a few members of the Guard for the week.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            Imagine if any of us peons were to call up our Governor's office and ask to rent a few members of the Guard for the week.
                            I'd do it to fuck with an opposing student section for an important hockey game 0=)
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

                            Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

                            Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

                            Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

                              I'd do it to fuck with an opposing student section for an important hockey game 0=)
                              I was thinking about a Southie Trail of Tears. Force all the Mass-holes walk to Oklahoma.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

                                I'd do it to fuck with an opposing student section for an important hockey game 0=)
                                This happens for reals in Eastern Europe. "Hate Thy Neighbor" had an episode with Serb (I... think?) skinhead ultras where they hired mercs to protect them in the stands because the other team was using the equivalent of their National Guard. It was Nazi on Nazi violence; hopefully they're all dead now.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X