Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The States: Where We Wish Texas Would Secede Already

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • In a defense of the people of Texas, or at least a sizable portion of them, it is a state that is heavily gerrymandered and has very restrictive voting laws. People are fighting this Republican BS but it is a very difficult battle.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

    Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      In a defense of the people of Texas, or at least a sizable portion of them, it is a state that is heavily gerrymandered and has very restrictive voting laws. People are fighting this Republican BS but it is a very difficult battle.
      And that’s why I’m glad Biden isn’t playing the Republican game of shunning those who are on the other team.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Handyman View Post

        If said security expert was here I can only imagine the misinformation he would be giving us about why the turbines were a bad idea...
        All the poor dead Texas birds. And the cancer.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          In a defense of the people of Texas, or at least a sizable portion of them, it is a state that is heavily gerrymandered and has very restrictive voting laws. People are fighting this Republican BS but it is a very difficult battle.
          Gerrymandering is only so much of an excuse. The Governor wasn't elected because of gerrymandering and neither was either Senator who rail against renewables and the very socialism they now beg for.

          You lie down with dogs you get fleas.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

          "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

          Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Handyman View Post

            Gerrymandering is only so much of an excuse. The Governor wasn't elected because of gerrymandering and neither was either Senator who rail against renewables and the very socialism they now beg for.

            You lie down with dogs you get fleas.
            And that’s where their restrictions on voting comes in. The game is rigged and you’re blaming people for losing a game they can never win.

            Edit: In fairness, yeah there’s still a lot of blame to put on the people though, Texas arrogance is a heck of a disease. But at least recognize plenty of people are trying to fight this stuff.
            Last edited by Jimjamesak; 02-17-2021, 11:31 AM.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

            Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

            Comment


            • Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              So, the Governor of Texas blames AOC for a Green New Deal that doesn't exist? Apparently they were too cheap to buy wind turbines that were winterized. But, not only aren't the wind turbines winterized neither is the natural gas or any other fossil fuel delivery system. This is what happens when you starve budgets and deregulate mission critical industries.

              God, Republicans are so ****ing dumb.
              Even better is this: https://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-conte...DAYCOP_HSL.png

              That's for Monday, blue/orange are the predicted power they would get from wind, green is what they were actually getting from wind. They were actually getting more from wind power than they predicted they would.

              Cornell '04, Stanford '06


              KDR

              Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

              Test to see if I can add this.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by French Rage View Post

                Even better is this: https://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-conte...DAYCOP_HSL.png

                That's for Monday, blue/orange are the predicted power they would get from wind, green is what they were actually getting from wind. They were actually getting more from wind power than they predicted they would.
                Their voters are too dumb to ever realize it, even if the Echo Chamber allowed the info on air.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                Comment


                • Originally posted by French Rage View Post

                  Even better is this: https://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-conte...DAYCOP_HSL.png

                  That's for Monday, blue/orange are the predicted power they would get from wind, green is what they were actually getting from wind. They were actually getting more from wind power than they predicted they would.
                  Yeah, I think I heard that reported last night. It is just fucking crazy how fucking stupid Republicans are.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                  Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by French Rage View Post

                    Even better is this: https://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-conte...DAYCOP_HSL.png

                    That's for Monday, blue/orange are the predicted power they would get from wind, green is what they were actually getting from wind. They were actually getting more from wind power than they predicted they would.
                    This is burying the lede on the actual problem: Texas could be getting electricity out to people very easily if they were connected to either of the National Grids.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

                    Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      This is burying the lede on the actual problem: Texas could be getting electricity out to people very easily if they were connected to either of the National Grids.
                      But they’d become socialists the minute they got that socialized energy

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        And that’s where their restrictions on voting comes in. The game is rigged and you’re blaming people for losing a game they can never win.

                        Edit: In fairness, yeah there’s still a lot of blame to put on the people though, Texas arrogance is a heck of a disease. But at least recognize plenty of people are trying to fight this stuff.
                        Yes I am. Sorry but I don't buy that Abbott is Governor because of suppression. The Cities are liberal but unlike a lot of places the rural isnt as empty and they vote.

                        Why should I give Texas more quarter than I do Alabama, Kentucky or Mississippi? They have people fighting the derp too...yet we rip them incessantly.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

                        "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

                        Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

                          But they’d become socialists the minute they got that socialized energy
                          It’s more of an arrogance thing. Texas has always had the belief that they are big and special and know how to do things themselves without anyone else getting involved.

                          Alaska has a similar belief but we do it because we have to (and we still
                          f- up constantly and need to be bailed out).
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

                          Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            It’s more of an arrogance thing. Texas has always had the belief that they are big and special and know how to do things themselves without anyone else getting involved.

                            Alaska has a similar belief but we do it because we have to (and we still
                            f- up constantly and need to be bailed out).
                            This. And make no mistake the Liberals there are just as arrogant. It is a "Texas" thing as much as anything.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

                            "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

                            Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Handyman View Post

                              Yes I am. Sorry but I don't buy that Abbott is Governor because of suppression. The Cities are liberal but unlike a lot of places the rural isnt as empty and they vote.

                              Why should I give Texas more quarter than I do Alabama, Kentucky or Mississippi? They have people fighting the derp too...yet we rip them incessantly.
                              The rural and suburban of Texas also has the same problem as Alaska (and plenty of other states) does: Everything is bought and paid for by the oil and gas industries. You bring up something that goes against them and you’ll be inundated with millions of dollars spent against it.

                              Honestly, I don’t think you should be ripping any of the states as a whole. Rip the politicians sure. But don’t rip the people suffering by saying “you voted for this” since the likely response will actually be “I didn’t vote for those people”.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

                              Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Handyman View Post

                                This. And make no mistake the Liberals there are just as arrogant. It is a "Texas" thing as much as anything.
                                Oh yeah, it’s beyond a liberal/conservative thing. I doubt any Texas Democrats are calling for the Texas Grid to be integrated into the National Grids.
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

                                Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X