The States: Where We Wish Texas Would Secede Already

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post

I know, I meant connection in that they are using the fact that the wind turbines aren't working as proof the Green New Deal wouldn't work. I agree it's just a talking point.

It should also be noted that wind turbines can work when it is as cold as it is down there...the equipment just isn't winterized, and there are frozen components of gas and coal plants too that is decreasing supply.

Electricity prices are skyrocketing down there right now.
    Yeah I wasnt speaking to you but it kind of sounded that way. Just using you as the jumping off point :^)

I wonder if they still want to secede...

BTW 88% of the power in Texas is non-renewable if I read right.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      So let me get this straight: Texas has its own power grid because f- the feds and their regulations but somehow all the blackouts and power problems are the fault of the Democrats and the Green New Deal?
      Yup.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Yeah I wasnt speaking to you but it kind of sounded that way. Just using you as the jumping off point :^)

I wonder if they still want to secede...

BTW 88% of the power in Texas is non-renewable if I read right.
        Gizmodo had an article about what is happening (I think they said 25% wind in the winter for electricity, but half of Texas uses natural gas for heat) and it all revolves around the fact that their infrastructure is built to withstand extreme heat, not extreme cold, and demand has spiked with the weather. Kind of a perfect storm.

ETA: Here is the article. https://earther.gizmodo.com/the-real...uts-1846279110
        Last edited by MinnesotaNorthStar; 02-16-2021, 06:44 PM.
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• I love this thread.

https://twitter.com/torriangray/stat...521605122?s=19
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

SCSU 2015-16 scoring by class through 40 games
          Seniors: 210 points (71G, 139A) from 5 players
          Juniors: 39 points (8G, 31A) from 4 players
          Sophomores: 99 points (49G, 50A) from 5 players
          Freshmen: 129 points (43G, 86A) from 8 players

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
            Jfc. Everyone may be better off if they just starve

Comment

• In the end the tough guys were defeated by a bunch of snowflakes.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Stick the food in the freezer outside, how hard is that? I mean, at holiday dinners we always put the drinks outside on the porch instead of the fridge to save room. I guess I expect too much from a prepper who doesn't own a f-ing can opener!
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Texas mayor resigns but says he wrote this after.

go fix your water main and electrification grid, you lazy POS! Why are you waiting for a handout???

honestly, you elect these people, well, you got what you ordered

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2021...power-outages/

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                    I'm figuring a lot of these cosplay soldiers are exactly like this. You get them out in the woods for longer than their weekend drinking and shooting getaways, and they're gonna be crying to get back home to their cozy double-wides.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                      In the end the tough guys were defeated by a bunch of snowflakes.
                      Very nice!
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        Texas has their own power grid, they don't want to be regulated by the feds, so what's going on there is completely on the Republicans there and on them alone.
                        There are currently at least 2.8 million in Texas without power.

El Paso, which is actually on the western US national grid and not part of the Texas grid, had 3,000 with outages of less than five minutes. As of last night, there were only 12 without power.
                        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• So, the Governor of Texas blames AOC for a Green New Deal that doesn't exist? Apparently they were too cheap to buy wind turbines that were winterized. But, not only aren't the wind turbines winterized neither is the natural gas or any other fossil fuel delivery system. This is what happens when you starve budgets and deregulate mission critical industries.

God, Republicans are so fucking dumb.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• They are so effing dumb and we can’t fix that.

let’s just smile sweetly while we make their oil and gas less relevant with developing renewables.

Perhaps if they raked their snow and had better grid management, they wouldn’t be facing outages and having people die.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              They are so effing dumb and we can’t fix that.

let’s just smile sweetly while we make their oil and gas less relevant with developing renewables.

Perhaps if they raked their snow and had better grid management, they wouldn’t be facing outages and having people die.
                              I thought the grid was a national security issue? Also, we need electric cars (not just the better emissions, but the less moving parts is really desirable) and putting in an advanced grid is like a no brainer at this point.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                So, the Governor of Texas blames AOC for a Green New Deal that doesn't exist? Apparently they were too cheap to buy wind turbines that were winterized. But, not only aren't the wind turbines winterized neither is the natural gas or any other fossil fuel delivery system. This is what happens when you starve budgets and deregulate mission critical industries.

God, Republicans are so ****ing dumb.
                                The road and utilities infrastructure in MN isn't designed to handle long stints of >100F days. If this were summer and that kind of heat blast hit us, we'd be in the same boat, only boiling rather than freezing. You build for your climate.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X