• Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: Where We Wish Texas Would Secede Already

Comment

PA, WV, NJ: the moron triangle.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        Well I believe there was 1.2 million absentee ballots (twice as many as in 2018 for the Gubernatorial Election) that were requested which is 20% of the population of the state. They have already counted over a million of them according to the election commission site.

When Evers won, it was the absentee ballots that put him over the top so it is not time to panic yet. I would also bet decent money alot of the new glut of absentee ballots come from Milwaukee county.

None of that excuses what was forced to happen, but I also think some outlets are twisting this just a little.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Well I believe there was 1.2 million absentee ballots (twice as many as in 2018 for the Gubernatorial Election) that were requested which is 20% of the population of the state. They have already counted over a million of them according to the election commission site.

When Evers won, it was the absentee ballots that put him over the top so it is not time to panic yet. I would also bet decent money alot of the new glut of absentee ballots come from Milwaukee county.

None of that excuses what was forced to happen, but I also think some outlets are twisting this just a little.
          That, and maybe the R strong-arm tactics pizz off just enough Wisconsin Ds to get them to the polls in November to administer the coup de grace.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
            That, and maybe the R strong-arm tactics pizz off just enough Wisconsin Ds to get them to the polls in November to administer the coup de grace.
            That would be my guess.

That said though the GOP hasnt even won the seat yet so who knows. Unless the new half a million absentee ballots are GOPers (which wasnt the case in 2018) then the Dems arent in as bad of shape as some think.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                That would be my guess.

That said though the GOP hasnt even won the seat yet so who knows. Unless the new half a million absentee ballots are GOPers (which wasnt the case in 2018) then the Dems arent in as bad of shape as some think.
                I'm curious as well as to how this shakes out. One would think older voters are least likely to brave the coronavirus to vote as they're at the most risk, and older voters are the backbone of GOP support. Sure they could vote by mail as could a lot of other people. We'll find out soon enough.

I also read that the problem in Milwaukee was the plan to use the National Guard happened too close to election day and the local officials had already decided to go to a way reduced polling location strategy. I wish this had been handled a little better, as in calling up the Guard to help was put in place 3 weeks ago instead of last week.
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Democrat mayor screwed up the voting in Milwaukee. I've already seen some GOP botskis pushing that one.

Comment

The GOP wants to remind you how easy it is for seedy characters to corrupt mail-in voting: https://www.npr.org/2019/07/30/74680...e-ballot-fraud

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Umm

“ Liberty University President Jerry Falwell Jr. says university police have issued arrest warrants for reporters from The New York Times and ProPublica after both publications wrote stories criticizing his decision last month to partially reopen his Virginia-based college.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...kXvYu_xK3SgWNM

Comment

Umm

“ Liberty University President Jerry Falwell Jr. says university police have issued arrest warrants for reporters from The New York Times and ProPublica after both publications wrote stories criticizing his decision last month to partially reopen his Virginia-based college.”

Jerry says "arrest", I say "kidnap"...
                        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Umm

Did he cite a real law they broke or a bible verse?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                            Did he cite a real law they broke or a bible verse?
                            misdemeanor trespass.

Comment

Fishermen behave like children in CA. Shocking

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...a-fishing-ban/

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X