X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    If I now start getting ads for scantily dressed Ayn Rand I will hunt all of you jerks down
    Suddenly photoshopped tennis boobs aren’t so bad eh? :-p

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    If I now start getting ads for scantily dressed Ayn Rand I will hunt all of you jerks down
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G35pLCWCBU4

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by French Rage View Post

Altas Shrugged has a sex scene. A comically bad sex scene. Almost like the author who wrote it never got none.
    IIRC Ayn Rand was actually getting it quite a bit. I believe she banged younger guys until she died.

https://www.ranker.com/list/ayn-rand...ystal-brackett

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I think a libertarian sex scene ends with the john whispering to his date: "Keep the change"
    And the date whispering back, huskily, "no, the negotiated price is, by definition, the only measure of fair value."

They call it the money shot for a reason.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    I think a libertarian sex scene ends with the john whispering to his date: "Keep the change"

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

I would imagine that any sex scene penned by Ayn Rand would be very procedural and unerotic. I only ever read Anthem, and that was bad enough that I decided not to even try sitting through her longer tomes.
    She's a perfect intellectual and emotional match when you are 15. By the time you are 19 you have outgrown her, and by 24 you are disgusted by her.

It is entirely possible libertarians are simply emotionally and mentally stunted, like Incels and Republicans.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by French Rage View Post

Altas Shrugged has a sex scene. A comically bad sex scene. Almost like the author who wrote it never got none.
    I would imagine that any sex scene penned by Ayn Rand would be very procedural and unerotic. I only ever read Anthem, and that was bad enough that I decided not to even try sitting through her longer tomes.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Is Ayn Rand in there? I bet I could find a way to abject to that!

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    St. Ronnie's first term was a smashing PR success, I'd give him that.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Maybe we can convince the dummies that 1984 is about Reagan’s smashing first term success
    And The Road to Serfdom is directions.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Maybe we can convince the dummies that 1984 is about Reagan’s smashing first term success

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post

One of my best friends is an English Teacher...I bet he could find all sorts of objectionable material in books the Fuckwits think are appropriate!
    There's a violent Mary Sue rape scene in every one of Rand's books. She was extremely messed up (obviously).

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by unofan View Post

The legislator already addressed that (badly and inaccurately), and I'm paraphrasing here, "It's a public school. The Bible wouldn't be in the library because the libs already took it away. This is us leveling the playing field."

One of my best friends is an English Teacher...I bet he could find all sorts of objectionable material in books the Fuckwits think are appropriate!

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    like I said either here or on Twitter, in a thousand years, the late 20th and early 21st centuries are when every anthropologist will point to as to when the species diverged.
    The mistake was when war started to affect civilians in worse numbers than soldiers.

Used to be you had a huge war, the brave and the patriots all happily lurched into it and would up under the ground, while the intelligent people laid low and waited for the gorillas to exhaust themselves. Disease was bad, but it was always bad so that was a wash. When you had armed conflict, especially over some religion, you got a nice little boost to human IQ.

And then we went and invented saturation bombing and nukes, so now we can't use armies and wars as a lint trap anymore.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X