X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RaceBoarder
    replied
    Originally posted by bronconick View Post

Between Dobbs, RoJo's sunsetting Social Security and this, they're aiming for the trifecta of "Non-college whites alone will win us the midterms."
    Those are the only people that matter as of late. Look at the attacks on education.

Leave a comment:

• bronconick
    replied

Tony Romm

@TonyRomm
    NEW: Republican attorneys general, conservative groups are readying potential lawsuits to block Biden’s student debt plan
    Between Dobbs, RoJo's sunsetting Social Security and this, they're aiming for the trifecta of "Non-college whites alone will win us the midterms."

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    This scorching hot take is a prime example of it.

https://twitter.com/presjpolk/status...36929766744068
    Love that later in the conversation he says he finds it implausible that people would leave the second round blank because he can’t see why people would have no opinion between the remaining two.

As if we don’t have precedent on people leaving races blank, or that 99% of the time a third party vote in a regular election format is essentially accomplishing the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco View Post

LOL. Love it.
    This scorching hot take is a prime example of it.

https://twitter.com/presjpolk/status...36929766744068

Leave a comment:

• Bronco
    replied
    My personal favorite take from Republicans, and this has been going for a week or so, is that RCV is “too confusing” for voters and that Republican voters may not have known they could’ve ranked the other Republican second.

Or basically: “Palin isn’t dumb! Our voters are.”
    LOL. Love it.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Lol. Tom emmer is such a piece of ****
    He played hockey at UAF.

I don’t know anything else about him but I immediately know he’s a POS.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco
    replied

If a Democrat wins Michigan in 2024, we'll have this **** again. Would've had it in 2020 but a single Republican on the election board did his job to vote 3-1 and was promptly replaced in early 2021
    I don't know if they need to certify the election results this year. If yes, and Whitmer is elected does the GOP hold the state hostage? Or do they wait for their savior to lose (again)?

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    My personal favorite take from Republicans, and this has been going for a week or so, is that RCV is “too confusing” for voters and that Republican voters may not have known they could’ve ranked the other Republican second.

Or basically: “Palin isn’t dumb! Our voters are.”

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    The Republican infighting right now is glorious. Palin supporters blaming Begich voters, Begich supporters blaming Palin. Blame being tossed at Trump, at Tom Emmer the head of the NRCC, at the Alaska GOP. It’s really beautiful.
    Lol. Tom emmer is such a piece of ****

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    The Republican infighting right now is glorious. Palin supporters blaming Begich voters, Begich supporters blaming Palin. Blame being tossed at Trump, at Tom Emmer the head of the NRCC, at the Alaska GOP. It’s really beautiful.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

If a Democrat wins Michigan in 2024, we'll have this **** again. Would've had it in 2020 but a single Republican on the election board did his job to vote 3-1 and was promptly replaced in early 2021
    I watched that hearing...where they would only agree to certify the White parts of the county.

Leave a comment:

• bronconick
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco View Post

Because the election board is a 4 person board split between parties. It is going to the Michigan Supreme Court, which is majority democratic appointed, so it should be on the ballot.

So bascially if it is a tie it doesn't get on the ballot. Just more GOP fuckery.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Yeah the women registering phenomenon is killer for the GOP all over the country right now. While women who normally vote might be split on the abortion issue the new voters are registering for one reason...revenge for taking away their rights!

edit: I like Wasserman but he is wrong this is not just cause they hate Palin. People don't register just to prevent someone from winning they register this late cause they care.
    Looks like it may have been a factor here, women were the (slim) majority of voters in a state where men outnumber women in registered voters.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WillMuldo...80467212877824

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Holy **** those are remarkable stats
    Yeah, and those were just the ones off the top of my head.

First Woman from Alaska in the House
    First Alaska Native in Congress
    First Democrat from in Alaska in Congress since Mark Begich.
    First Democrat to win a statewide race in Alaska since Begich in 2008.
    First Democrat from Alaska in the House since 1972.

Also, at this point, she’s the de facto leader of the Democratic Party in Alaska.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Tell me more, tommy

https://twitter.com/mollyjongfast/st...HyC90O4vOQUboQ

Leave a comment:

Working...
X