X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PoTUS 45 LVXII: Pandemic Legacy Season 3

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Fox always reports there is a huge gap early to scare their tards into action. Then this magically closes up as the election nears and the Republican is "surging." This is also what Rasmussen does.

It's just part of their strategy. It's a lie like everything else by the RWNM.
    That isnt true. In fact Rassmussen tends to make it look closer than anyone does. And Faux shifted polling so it is a different set up now. That is why the QAnon ******** are saying they are Depp State against Trump. (something about Donna Brazile)
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      That isnt true. In fact Rassmussen tends to make it look closer than anyone does.
      It is true. Rasmussen has a typical model for registered voters but a perverse model for likely voters skewed towards older and more conservative voters well beyond their representation in actual turnout. This means they have baked in a surge towards Republicans as any given election nears. 538 talked about it at length when Silver allowed the Rasmussen polls into his aggregation with misgivings (he adjusted for it with variable house effect). One of Rasmussen's most lucrative markets is as a tool for Republican candidates to argue they are either pulling close if behind or pulling away if ahead. They sell the trend line - the raw numbers are meaningless and could be anything. IINM Rasmussen actually started as a proprietary in-house method to cook the books for Republicans, like PPP did for Democrats, and then went "public" to lend credence to the scam.

The key here is the longitudinal effect. Yes, Rasmussen and Fox eventually lie in favor of Republicans, but they start out either neutral or even sometimes lying against Republicans. Their strategy is to create a narrative that will get their dupes worried and involved and donating (and of course watching Fox).
      Last edited by Kepler; 03-28-2020, 02:44 PM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Yikes. And that's ICE. Dump is even too much for the Nazis, now.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

It is true. Rasmussen has a typical model for registered voters but a perverse model for likely voters skewed towards older and more conservative voters well beyond their representation in actual turnout. This means they have baked in a surge towards Republicans as any given election nears. 538 talked about it at length when Silver allowed the Rasmussen polls into his aggregation with misgivings (he adjusted for it with variable house effect). One of Rasmussen's most lucrative markets is as a tool for Republican candidates to argue they are either pulling close if behind or pulling away if ahead. They sell the trend line - the raw numbers are meaningless and could be anything. IINM Rasmussen actually started as a proprietary in-house method to cook the books for Republicans, like PPP did for Democrats, and then went "public" to lend credence to the scam.

The key here is the longitudinal effect. Yes, Rasmussen and Fox eventually lie in favor of Republicans, but they start out either neutral or even sometimes lying against Republicans. Their strategy is to create a narrative that will get their dupes worried and involved and donating (and of course watching Fox).
              None of this is true and I'm starting to question your sanity. Rasmussen even after they fired their founder always gives the GOP the best possible numbers that they can show, because there's a market for that. Goopers like being fluffed even if by a known con artist. Dems do not have a market for that, so PPP for example would get no benefit or repeat business by BS'ing their clients. I appreciate you playing the Both Sides Do It schtick, but I'm just not sure why you're doing it. It reminds me of when you tried to claim that Elijah Cummings was a grifter like Donna Brazile and got blasted for it.
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Yikes. And that's ICE. Dump is even too much for the Nazis, now.
                That's a 2 year old story.

Comment

It took HOW long for him to do this? I have zero sympathy for him.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    It took HOW long for him to do this? I have zero sympathy for him.
                    Apparently a little less than two years?
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                      None of this is true and I'm starting to question your sanity. Rasmussen even after they fired their founder always gives the GOP the best possible numbers that they can show, because there's a market for that. Goopers like being fluffed even if by a known con artist. Dems do not have a market for that, so PPP for example would get no benefit or repeat business by BS'ing their clients..
                      You are not even reading what I am saying. Rasmussen is totally in the tank for the Republicans. But their MO is more sophisticated than just a hard house effect.

This has been covered ad nauseum on statistical sites and I don't have the patience to explain it to somebody who won't put in the work. Suffice that Rasmussen sucks but it sucks differently (and far more effectively) than you think. I understand you are constitutionally incapable of learning anything which indeed explains everything about from you from your manner to your policy stances. However, I'm pretty sure other people are understanding the distinction being drawn.

You are making the classic mistake of thinking because you are stupid others are stupid. This is the Dump Error. In fact this isn't the first time it's been apparent that you and Dump share some of the same MO when it comes to making an argument (using deflection, distraction, ad hom, playing to the crowd). I can't help your mental deficiencies, but not everything posted on this site has to be dumbed down so you can follow it. Sometimes you should just keep silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and prove it.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          Always good to know when I am going to go out for my walk. I figure rather than fill my brain with stupid I will go out into nature and realize no matter how stupid humans are, Mother Nature keeps on going.

Comment

useless long winded BS...
                            Kep these are your words, not mine:

Rasmussen actually started as a proprietary in-house method to cook the books for Republicans, like PPP did for Democrats, and then went "public" to lend credence to the scam.

Yes, Rasmussen and Fox eventually lie in favor of Republicans, but they start out either neutral or even sometimes lying against Republicans.
                            Neither of these are true to anybody but yourself. PPP <> Rasmussen. On any level. They are not the Democratic counterpart in cooking the books like Rasmussen does for Republicans. I'd also ask you to show evidence that they are starting out neutral or lying against Republicans (implying that they make GOP polls look worse than the consensus).

Finally, I realize you're still butthurt over Bernie's demise but again I'm not the one who p issed on your revolution (I voted for Warren, as you were going to do until you tried to switch horses at the last minute) so please direct your ire elsewhere. I'll also note that for all of your efforts to show that you're The Smartest Kid in Class, its kinda funny that you rely on your spouse to earn a living to support your plute lifestyle while the posters that you're smarter than (myself, Handy, mookie, etc) are all stepping up to the plate and taking care our wives and kids on our own. Perhaps you could have made better use of your Cornell education than that double major in philosophy and theatre?

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Hey you leave me out of this...I do NOT support my gf she is just on a LOA for now.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Hey you leave me out of this...I do NOT support my gf she is just on a LOA for now.
                                But you support yourself, right? That makes you one up on Kep...

Comment

Working...
                                X