X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PoTUS 45 LVXII: Pandemic Legacy Season 3

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    When this is over, the flu is going to look like child’s play. The way this admin handled it is going to get 100,000+ killed.
    You may be optimistic on that. Sure, sporting events cancelled, resorts/vacation spots closed....but it's okay to go the the grocery store? That has open produce, or whatever? Mind you, not freaking out, but some of these things don't make a lot of sense. At least Vegas had the sense to close the buffets, which were probably rife with the risk (stress that word) of germs to begin with....
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      When this is over, the flu is going to look like child’s play. The way this admin handled it is going to get 100,000+ killed.
      It’s hard to even express how bad they ****ed this up. ****s about to get crazy. This is everywhere, and in another week or two hospitals are probably going to start filling with the severe cases. They need to be taking convention centers and converting them into hospitals now. They didn’t test and let people spread this everywhere.

Comment

Are people transmitting by hands? To ask a dumb question, what if everybody wore gloves? I recognize the main transmission is probably oral / breath / fluid / air. Maybe masks could help there.

I'm thinking it's virtually impossible not to receive but is there an effective way not to transmit? Then have everybody assume they have it and are asymptomatic, and wear all available protection -- protection from them, not for them.

Finally, a supply side theory that could work?
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Are people transmitting by hands? To ask a dumb question, what if everybody wore gloves? I recognize the main transmission is probably oral / breath / fluid / air. Maybe masks could help there.

I'm thinking it's virtually impossible not to receive but is there an effective way not to transmit? Then have everybody assume they have it and are asymptomatic, and wear all available protection -- protection from them, not for them.

Finally, a supply side theory that could work?
          From my understanding, most masks do not work. You can't just buy a dust mask, and hey, you're good.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

We have something like 42,000 ICU beds and 60,000 ventilators in a country of 330 million. This seems like it could be a problem.

Comment

It can live in the air for several hours. I can lives on a cardboard surface for a day, which is a long time in cardboard. Plastic/Steel is three or more days, I've heard. This leads me to believe the easiest way to get it is handling something with it on it.
              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Yeah, the hospital bed thing is cute but it’s not the issue. It’s the fact that ventilators barely cover a small state with our nation’s supply. People are going to be war time triaged. Instead of priority lists for kidneys and livers, it’s going to be ventilators.

That’s only coverage for 0.018%. That’s like one of every hundred people getting sick and only one in a hundred of them needing respirators. Until you realize 30-40% are already being used by flu patients.

We are so incredibly ****ed.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                  It can live in the air for several hours. I can lives on a cardboard surface for a day, which is a long time in cardboard. Plastic/Steel is three or more days, I've heard. This leads me to believe the easiest way to get it is handling something with it on it.
                  And in my line of work...I'm cautious. All I handle is cardboard boxes. I know there is no immunity/cure, but I could pass it on to someone else before I know I might have it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                    And in my line of work...I'm cautious. All I handle is cardboard boxes. I know there is no immunity/cure, but I could pass it on to someone else before I know I might have it.
                    Definitely has been a thought in the back of my mind for a month or more.

The case confirmed today in Alaska was from a pilot. Lovely.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      Definitely has been a thought in the back of my mind for a month or more.

The case confirmed today in Alaska was from a pilot. Lovely.
                      Yeah, saw that you mentioned that in another thread...that would be worrisome.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                        We have something like 42,000 ICU beds and 60,000 ventilators in a country of 330 million. This seems like it could be a problem.
                        "The water is freezing and there aren't enough boats. Not enough by half. Half the people on this ship are going to die."
                        'Not the better half.'

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          Was it GPL? That place is as bad as the D1 side.
                          No...and most of the bad parts of GPL either left or shut up.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            No...and most of the bad parts of GPL either left or shut up.
                            Ouch

I couldn’t stand it there. The toxic culture there was such a mental drain. Without being at least a platform for growth like place.
                            Code:
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                              "The water is freezing and there aren't enough boats. Not enough by half. Half the people on this ship are going to die."
                              'Not the better half.'
                              Yep. Every politician or sports-related person who's suspect has gotten tested right away, no matter how slight the contact with possible infection.

The rest of us out here have to meet "the criteria".
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                Yep. Every politician or sports-related person who's suspect has gotten tested right away, no matter how slight the contact with possible infection.

The rest of us out here have to meet "the criteria".
                                58 Jazz and other NBA players and officials were tested even without symptoms. Twitter is flooded with people who are very sick and can’t get tested.

This is a scandal in itself.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X