X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PoTUS 45 LVXII: Pandemic Legacy Season 3

Dow falling off a cliff again...this hoax is killing my 401k
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      I haven't even bothered looking. I'm kicking myself cause I should have known the Orange Clown and the Republicans would find a way to **** everything up. And, yes, it's their fault. A lot of infrastructure that was in place was tore down by those clowns.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Thankful that the minute the Orange Menace got elected we put our stuff into less risk. It was a given he was going to crash the market. There's only so much stimulus that can happen before its like someone doing coke to the point of cardiac arrest.

Comment

It will rebound (lower risk) but man for the first time in five years it is Trending the wrong way :/. By the time I need it though I will be fine.

I had a mutual fund a couple years ago that bet against the market...can't remember if I sold it though.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

It will rebound (lower risk) but man for the first time in five years it is Trending the wrong way :/. By the time I need it though I will be fine.

I had a mutual fund a couple years ago that bet against the market...can't remember if I sold it though.
            I got 15 years still. If I were 60 and Dump were in office I would have done something.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I bought some SPY put options with a 3/30 expiration yesterday when their price dropped because I figured the rally was short lived. So far I've doubled my money today.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                I got 15 years still. If I were 60 and Dump were in office I would have done something.
                Raises hand. That is me

Comment

Probably a portfolio of bonds, gold, VIX ETFs, and maybe short positions.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    VIX ETFs
                    I'd never heard of these and just researched them. IMHO they're brilliant. It's betting that people in mass panics are stupid. What on earth could be more ironclad than that?
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

But I’m sure your 409k is doing outstanding
                      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        I'd never heard of these and just researched them. IMHO they're brilliant. It's betting that people in mass panics are stupid. What on earth could be more ironclad than that?
                        They're incredibly dangerous too. They aren't for the faint at heart and they aren't to be held long term*. I'm not even sure how you make money on them. Because you'd have to be using them as a hedge against the market and have limit orders to sell when they reach a certain value. Look at a 10-year chart of the VIX plotted monthly. It's flat with spikes. The only way I could see them actually having a long-term yield is if they pay out some sort of special dividends or something like that. But I'm pretty sure they don't. I'm also pretty sure the VIX was just a technical indicator before they made it into an ETF.

*Even if the market is flat, they lose value. You essentially make money only if the market is down day-to-day. Plot it on a % or Log graph with the S&P and you can see why. They essentially plot like a delta function or super narrow band gaussian.

Edit: If you want to see why they're dangerous, look up the saga of the SVXY from a couple years back. Essentially the fund went to zero in a matter of hours because of the way it's structured. Tiny fluctuations that would cause the core fund to become worthless if the VIX ever behaved in a certain way. Which wasn't unpredictable but caught most investors by complete surprise. Reminded me a LOT of the Big Short.
                        Last edited by dxmnkd316; 03-11-2020, 04:05 PM.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by jericho View Post
                          But I’m sure your 409k is doing outstanding
                          It has the right formula...

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

It has the right formula...

Maybe he was onto something all those month ago and he was using subliminal messaging....
                            Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                Lies- way more people voted for that but their votes were not counted!!1!!!!11!!

I wonder if any of the get nauseous from hanging on while all that spin is happening

Comment

Working...
                                X