Tokyo COVympics: July 23 to August 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Only Benjamin and Warholm, dos Santos the bronze medalist was .02 over.
    Still an amazing race all around.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Another man offering his opinion. Truly disgusted this guy will pass real men like roger and Rafa.

“#DoubleStandard:
      THURSDAY: When asked about Simone Biles, Novak Djokovic replied, speaking about himself, not Biles, "Pressure is a privilege. If you are aiming to be at the top of the game, you better start learning how to deal with pressure and how to cope with those moments...."
      SATURDAY: Novak Djokovic loses his cool, throws a racket over five rows of seats, breaks a second racket and throws it into the photographers' pit, and then withdraws in a snit from his bronze medal mixed doubles match, leaving his partner unable to compete for a medal she had absolutely earned.”

Comment

• He will pass them because he beats them. He is a dbag but he wins on every surface and beats everyone.

That said he needs an Agassi serve to the seeds ;^)
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Another World Record in the 400m hurdles as Sydney McLaughlin lowers her WR from the Trials by nearly half a second to 51.46. Dalilah Muhammad ran the second fastest time ever at 51.58.

At the rate they're lowering times, if Sydney and Dalilah keep competing against each other that record might be under 50 in a few years.

Edit: The Bronze Medalist Femke Bol from the Netherlands ran 52.03, under the Olympic Record, and had a look of "what the **** do I gotta do?" on her face.
          Last edited by Jimjamesak; 08-03-2021, 09:48 PM.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Another World Record in the 400m hurdles as Sydney McLaughlin lowers her WR from the Trials by nearly half a second to 51.46. Dalilah Muhammad ran the second fastest time ever at 51.58.

At the rate they're lowering times, if Sydney and Dalilah keep competing against each other that record might be under 50 in a few years.

Edit: The Bronze Medalist Femke Bol from the Netherlands ran 52.03, under the Olympic Record, and had a look of "what the **** do I gotta do?" on her face.
            Amazing to see. I always wonder when watching events like this - at what point will someone reach the limit of human perfection and a record will never fall again?

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Amazing to see. I always wonder when watching events like this - at what point will someone reach the limit of human perfection and a record will never fall again?
              It's kind of amazing with some of these, the hurdles records are already times that would've been semifinal times in the 400m flat.

The Long Jump seems to at that point right now, both Men's and Women's records are over 30 years old and nobody has gotten close in the last decade.
              I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I think a lot of people thought we were pretty close to that in the men's 400M hurdles. Then Warholm and Benjamin came along these last few years and tore it all down.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

I think a lot of people thought we were pretty close to that in the men's 400M hurdles. Then Warholm and Benjamin came along these last few years and tore it all down.
                  The Women's record (52.34) was 16 years old when the Muhammad-McLaughlin rivalry started taking it down.

What Muhammad and McLaughlin have been doing since 2019 is ****ing amazing, every championship race they've faced each other in has lowered the World Record.

2019 US Nationals: Muhammad 52.20
                  2019 World Championships: Muhammad 52.16
                  2021 Olympic Trials: McLaughlin 51.90
                  2021 Olympics: McLaughlin 51.46
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• In 2019 both Muhammad and McLaughlin ran in the 4x400 relay (the US won) and with Athing Mu (the 800m champion) able to run a sub 49s 400, does the US run a 4x400 team with no actual 400m runners on it?
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

In 2019 both Muhammad and McLaughlin ran in the 4x400 relay (the US won) and with Athing Mu (the 800m champion) able to run a sub 49s 400, does the US run a 4x400 team with no actual 400m runners on it?
                      who would the 4th be?

Comment

Some of these races still have potential, others don't. The 400m hurdles are a lot closer to the 400m than the 110M hurdle is to the 100M. Right now, it's pretty impossible to remove a step between the hurdles for 110M, but there's space for removing steps for 400m.

Comment

• LOL @ US men’s 4 x 100 relay. Bet Kep’s happy.
                          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Gable Steveson is a god!
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by jericho View Post
                              LOL @ US men’s 4 x 100 relay. Bet Kep’s happy.
                              Disappointing performance. It seems as if they need to practice as a group more. Not sure the US system, where the trials are only a few weeks before the games really allows for that.

Comment

• The hack currently on Krystsina Tsimanouskaya's Wikipedia page has to be by Belarus.

And as I post it has already been edited.

Her photo was replaced by a... ahem... different one. Absolutely appeared to be her, which tells you everything you need to know about the power of modern surveillance.

Anyway, Poland gave her a Humanitarian visa so good for them (even though they suck). Were I she I would get the hell outta Eastern Europe, maybe outta the hemisphere entirely. Of course where are you going to run? If the GOP ever gets the White House back they'd just hand her right to them.

Fascists. They flock together.

Last edited by Kepler; 08-05-2021, 07:38 AM.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X