Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Was this starting for her before Tokyo?
    If it was, should she have just stayed back and opened the spot for another gymnast?
    Yes, when you phrase it like that, you mean what's best for the team.... Even though that's not what you said.

Comment

• Jesus Sic. Stay down, man. "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool..."
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I said,

If it was, should she have just stayed back and opened the spot for another gymnast?

You interpret that as being for the added gymnast; I'm saying send a full team roster that is ready to go if there's a chance X may not be ready for whatever reasons.

Put it this way, say Vasy* (TBL 88) is hurt for RUS (China Olympics) in a few months, he should bow out so the team can have a full roster, not for the other goalie, but his RUS team.

*SB is best in the world so Vasy is the comparison, and I ain't trying to spell that.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Jesus Sic. Stay down, man. "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool..."
          Aren't you the guy that in another thread just admitted (your words about yourself) "I'm stupid"? ;-)
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• I have never seen this sport and it's cool. Two teams, look like about 5 aside. Indoor hoops floor but smaller soccer-like nets. Small ball about half the radius of a basketball. They walk with it but only a couple steps, also dribble and pass, and throw to score.

The hell is this? It's really fun looking like I wanna play.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Not upset, or not surprised.

Teammates tend to know what to expect out of one-another.

Is the lack of overt teammate response telling on its own?
              Yes it tells me the fat lazy White Men who are whining about this need to ****.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I said,

You interpret that as being for the added gymnast; I'm saying send a full team roster that is ready to go if there's a chance X may not be ready for whatever reasons.

Put it this way, say Vasy* (TBL 88) is hurt for RUS (China Olympics) in a few months, he should bow out so the team can have a full roster, not for the other goalie, but his RUS team.

*SB is best in the world so Vasy is the comparison, and I ain't trying to spell that.
                And you said this after the US put in a sub and almost won the gold. So they had a full roster to compete. Explain it how you want, but in the context of what happened, it's certainly not how it's read.

If there was a more appropriate sub time, it would have been the warm ups, as Simone was down in points in that first rotation, and the US only lost by 3.5 points. But that was old news by the time you post your claimed interpretation.

Comment

I have never seen this sport and it's cool. Two teams, look like about 5 aside. Indoor hoops floor but smaller soccer-like nets. Small ball about half the radius of a basketball. They walk with it but only a couple steps, also dribble and pass, and throw to score.

Handball maybe?
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

I have never seen this sport and it's cool. Two teams, look like about 5 aside. Indoor hoops floor but smaller soccer-like nets. Small ball about half the radius of a basketball. They walk with it but only a couple steps, also dribble and pass, and throw to score.

Team Handball? You've never seen it?

It has a lot of combination of sports in it- like the 2 min penalty from hockey, dribbling from basketball, simple fouls (soccer), etc. Interesting combination of a lot of sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                      Team Handball? You've never seen it?
                      Nope. It's not very handball-y.

is it just the chickies or do the dudes do it too?
                      Last edited by Kepler; 07-29-2021, 02:04 PM.
                      Cornell University

Comment

I think it's popular in Northern Europe, but I only ever see it during the Summer Olympics, so it's fun to see once every 4 years. Sort of like water polo without the water.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• It’s definitely Team Handball. Very popular in Europe.

The court is actually larger than a basketball court, it’s 40m x 20m. The goal areas are 6m out, the goals themselves are 2m high and 3m wide.

(I know this because Futsal uses the exact same dimensions)
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Nope. It's not very handball-y.

is it just the chickies or do the dudes do it too?
                            Both.

It's handball in the same sense that futball is football.

Not the same game in an box that most of us know about.

And apparently, Verizon has plans to sponsor a US team handball pro league.

BTW, if wiki is accurate, European Handball and American Handball were developed close to the same time about 100 years ago. As an Olympic sport, '72 for men, and '76 for women- this has been around for a long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Both.

It's handball in the same sense that futball is football.

Not the same game in an box that most of us know about.

And apparently, Verizon has plans to sponsor a US team handball pro league.

BTW, if wiki is accurate, European Handball and American Handball were developed close to the same time about 100 years ago. As an Olympic sport, '72 for men, and '76 for women- this has been around for a long time.
                              Well I think it is peachy.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Well I think it is peachy.
                                It is a very fun watch.

If you ever get a chance, look up Futsal. It’s the indoor version of soccer and is similar to Team Handball.
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X