No announcement yet.

Tokyo COVympics: July 23 to August 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did she do weed cause if so then they might care...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Did she do weed cause if so then they might care...
      Only if she's black
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• I can’t imagine they’re canceling this considering events start in *looks at watch* mere hours.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Games have officially started. Aussies vs Japan softball just had first pitch.

Did not know softball and baseball would be sharing a stadium. Turf field with the baseball mound removed, so second base is in the middle of the green infield, and there are temporary fences set up.

Apparently a joint bid with the shared stadium was the best way the baseball and softball groups felt they could get back into the games. The result is a condensed schedule with both tournaments down to six teams from the usual eight. Since it’s the same facility, softball has to start early so they can fit it in a week and then baseball plays the second week.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• First event was held in ****ing Fukushima.

I'm not making this up.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
              Games have officially started. Aussies vs Japan softball just had first pitch.

Did not know softball and baseball would be sharing a stadium. Turf field with the baseball mound removed, so second base is in the middle of the green infield, and there are temporary fences set up.

Apparently a joint bid with the shared stadium was the best way the baseball and softball groups felt they could get back into the games. The result is a condensed schedule with both tournaments down to six teams from the usual eight. Since it’s the same facility, softball has to start early so they can fit it in a week and then baseball plays the second week.
              I think soccer is in the same boat because the women have three games in six days or something like that.
              I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                Games have officially started. Aussies vs Japan softball just had first pitch.

So the Olympics have gone full Rec-League... Good to know....

But yea, cutting a stadium is a good way to keep costs down.
                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  I think soccer is in the same boat because the women have three games in six days or something like that.
                  Looking at past years, that appears to be the usual schedule for Olympic soccer. There's just not a great way to try to fit six games in two weeks, especially with travel. Soccer is using seven stadiums.

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

I'm surprised this is the best they could come up with. At the very least they could've made the temporary fencing look better. Throw some padding or a tarp on it at least to cover up the netting.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

I think it's the IOC's way of making the baseball/softball venue as sh*tty as possible in the hopes that they don't return as full time Olympic sports.

I think they're only being played in this Olympics because the host country gets to pick a sport or two to showcase. The IOC doesn't like that baseball and softball have such few teams participating.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

I think it's the IOC's way of making the baseball/softball venue as sh*tty as possible in the hopes that they don't return as full time Olympic sports.

I think they're only being played in this Olympics because the host country gets to pick a sport or two to showcase. The IOC doesn't like that baseball and softball have such few teams participating.
                      Baseball is hated because MLB won't bring it's players like the NBA and NHL and, because of that, the IOC can't make money off of it.

Softball gets hated because a) it's associated with Baseball (see above) and b) the Americans win all the time.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Softball gets hated because a) it's associated with Baseball (see above) and b) the Americans win all the time.
                        Half of the Olympics is events we win all the time. The IOC loves that. It's how they make the real money. If the US didn't win nobody would watch.

Why do you think all the X Games garbage is in the Winter Games now?
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          First event was held in ****ing Fukushima.

I'm not making this up.
                          Crew?
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Crew?
                            Softball/baseball.

Both are out again in Paris 2024, but with 2028 in LA and Brisbane just announced for 2032, there’s a good chance it’ll be back for at least eight years.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Baseball is hated because MLB won't bring it's players like the NBA and NHL and, because of that, the IOC can't make money off of it.

I remember reading that softball can't be in the Olympics without baseball. As far as the IOC is concerned, they go hand in hand. And since the IOC doesn't really want baseball, softball gets screwed.

I love watching Olympic softball. Well paced games. Talented players. Fun to watch.
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Ladies and gentlemen, introducing your Cleveland Guardians...

[edit] Thought I was in the MLB thread...
                                Last edited by Slap Shot; 07-23-2021, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X