No announcement yet.

Tokyo COVympics: July 23 to August 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The rule is lame, but if she did in fact smoke within the past 30 days she's an idiot. Sorry.

Comment

The only way this ends is if all our medal favorites all film themselves getting high and then tell the TV networks: change the rule or we're out and you're going to lose hundreds of millions.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

At this point, any group that uses Marijuana as a ban-able drug deserves to be scorned. It is not performance enhancing it is completely recreational.

So to piggyback on your response Scarlet if I have allergies and Sudafed helps I am not allowed to take it (if it is banned...which I would assume is Meth related) at all? That is pretty Draconian...which sounds about right for a group as corrupt as the IOC or the US faction of it.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          The rule is lame, but if she did in fact smoke within the past 30 days she's an idiot. Sorry.
          I just don't think that holds anymore. What if it was 31 days ago all of a sudden she isn't stupid? Michael Phelps had pictures circulating of him smoking from a bong and to this day he is still an American Hero...they didn't need to bar her from competing they could have figured out a different punishment they would have for him.

I have no dog in this fight because the Olympics sucks these days but the rule being lame trumps her smoking. It is unneeded and antiquated. It is a horse and buggy rule for electric cars. I am not going to both sides this one anymore because it just empowers these rules to stay in place. It is no different than the stupid "Blue Laws" that exist in every state. Saying "it is stupid...BUT" just keeps it around longer. This is stupid...full stop.

(jmho)
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Look up the story of Ross Rebagliati. He won gold in the Men's Snowboard GS in 1998, the 1st medal awarded for snowboarding.

He tested positive for THC, but at the time, THC was not on the "banned" list, so through a series of appeals he was able to keep his medal. The IOC/WADA came out and said something to the effect of "THC doesn't possess any performance enhancing capabilities in this instance". But after that, realizing they had egg on their face, banned marijuana/THC.

That is why we have today's situation.
            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

I just don't think that holds anymore. What if it was 31 days ago all of a sudden she isn't stupid? Michael Phelps had pictures circulating of him smoking from a bong and to this day he is still an American Hero...they didn't need to bar her from competing they could have figured out a different punishment they would have for him.

I have no dog in this fight because the Olympics sucks these days but the rule being lame trumps her smoking. It is unneeded and antiquated. It is a horse and buggy rule for electric cars. I am not going to both sides this one anymore because it just empowers these rules to stay in place. It is no different than the stupid "Blue Laws" that exist in every state. Saying "it is stupid...BUT" just keeps it around longer. This is stupid...full stop.

(jmho)
              I said the rule is lame Handy - I don't think she should be punished. But the rules are not new and the Michael Phelpses of the world (if he in fact tested positive) often 'get away with it'. I don't like it but again if she smoked recently she has no one to blame but herself.

Comment

https://***********/TODAYshow/status...036084740?s=20

TODAY @TODAYshow ? 5h Sha’Carri Richardson ( @itskerrii ) joins us live for an exclusive interview to discuss the positive marijuana test that’s put her Olympic future in limbo.
                She owns up to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  At this point, any group that uses Marijuana as a ban-able drug deserves to be scorned. It is not performance enhancing it is completely recreational.

So to piggyback on your response Scarlet if I have allergies and Sudafed helps I am not allowed to take it (if it is banned...which I would assume is Meth related) at all? That is pretty Draconian...which sounds about right for a group as corrupt as the IOC or the US faction of it.
                  I think that happened to a US hockey player a while back (taking Sudafed).

With regards to Michael Phelps and the photos of him and a bong - was it three weeks out from the Olympics? I don't believe it was but I could be wrong.

Comment

Ouch.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

She seems like an incredibly mature 21-year-old. Explained why she smoked (heard from reporter her biological mom died), but accepted full responsibility and asked for no empathy/sympathy. She’s still young. I hope she smokes a sh-tload between now and 2024 and comes back faster than ever.
                      I can’t say for sure what THC level cutoff the US Anti-Doping Agency uses for their tests. The standard is usually 50 ng/mL, but it’s possible they use(d) 20 ng/mL. Detection times vary greatly based on a number of factors. If she smoked just once, even if it was good stuff (higher THC content), it could be out of her system in a day or two, especially since she has next to no fat on her for the THC to be chillin’ like a villain in. If she smoked a few times/week, it still could have been out of her system within a couple weeks. Again, depends on a lot of factors.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

I think that happened to a US hockey player a while back (taking Sudafed).

With regards to Michael Phelps and the photos of him and a bong - was it three weeks out from the Olympics? I don't believe it was but I could be wrong.
                        It wasn't, but if it had been they would not have suspended him. They had way too much invested in him.

They could have chosen to go another way...they look stupid not doing so. As far as I can tell she isn't a known rule breaker.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Niki Haley and the thought police

https://mobile.***********/NikkiHale...05997956792324

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            What about people not proud enough to use their real first name?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              Niki Haley and the thought police
                              Worst rock band ever.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Worst rock band ever.
                                "1, 2, 3-oclock, 4-o'clock coup"
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X