Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    Can the goalie goaltend?
    Many of us watching LVK@COL the other night were wondering just that. ;-)
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

BB with a goalie would somewhat resemble Netball which is a game no one wants to watch and was nearly as boring to play.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post

I'll give you gaoltending but then we need to make it multiple baskets that they would need to defend and also 4/5/6/etc point lines too.
        No.

If you want to prevent goaltending, put the baskets at 20 feet.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Those chicks look about 11.
          They've always been a favorite. 11 is their goalie who's taken too many off the face.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post

Too bad if you've ever watched field hockey, it's probably one of the dumbest sports ever. Even more than soccer, the goal isn't really to score in the run of play but to get into the penalty area and then draw a foul. I'm also convinced that there's a rule where if the whistle hasn't blown in 30 seconds, the ref is required to blow it just because.
            Nah. That last part is rugby.
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              BB with a goalie would somewhat resemble Netball which is a game no one wants to watch and was nearly as boring to play.
              there was a brilliant commercial back in the day where they had a goalie sitting on top of the hoop

"basketball would be better if it were hockey"
              Code:

Comment

Too bad if you've ever watched field hockey, it's probably one of the dumbest sports ever. Even more than soccer, the goal isn't really to score in the run of play but to get into the penalty area and then draw a foul. I'm also convinced that there's a rule where if the whistle hasn't blown in 30 seconds, the ref is required to blow it just because.
                It’s the only sport I can think of that limits how far out someone can score. Congrats on scoring from midfield, but it doesn’t count because you’re not allowed to score from anywhere on more than 85% of the field.

And let’s make the net seven feet tall, but you can only shoot it six inches off the ground if there’s a group of people, which there always is.
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Is it also Field Hockey where the field is actually watered down right before play starts and again at halftime?
                  It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                    Is it also Field Hockey where the field is actually watered down right before play starts and again at halftime?
                    Yes, though I've seen other sports do that too if it's an artificial turf field. I forget why.

Comment

Yes, though I've seen other sports do that too if it's an artificial turf field. I forget why.
                      They did that at old Busch Stadium because the on field temperature was 150.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Speed, dust, and it's hot as ****

I played soccer on one in middle of July and it was like walking over coals. Made worse by the fact that I was keeper.
                        Code:

Comment

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
                          Cornell University

Comment

I think that we need to see what the human body is really capable of. I say that every 5 years we contest a truly "open" non-Olympics. Allow doping, unlimited spending, exotic equipment, etc. and see what humans are really capable of.
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

I think that we need to see what the human body is really capable of. I say that every 5 years we contest a truly "open" non-Olympics. Allow doping, unlimited spending, exotic equipment, etc. and see what humans are really capable of.
                              They're in.
                              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

There's a whole new meaning to ...

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X