X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sicatoka
    replied
    Originally posted by unofan View Post
    ... the goal isn't really to score in the run of play but to get into the penalty area and then draw a foul. I'm also convinced that there's a rule where if the whistle hasn't blown in 30 seconds, the ref is required to blow it just because.
    Congratulations upon successful completion of your field hockey on-field officials exam.

Your whistles* and officials on-field uniform will be delivered shortly to the address you have on file with your application.

The IOC will be contacting you about your officiating schedule at the Olympics via separate correspondence.

Thank you, and again, congratulations.

*Multiple, as you'll be going through at least one per match.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

That's his job. He can do anything.

I want single digit scoring.
    I'll give you gaoltending but then we need to make it multiple baskets that they would need to defend and also 4/5/6/etc point lines too.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by French Rage View Post

Can the goalie goaltend?
    That's his job. He can do anything.

I want single digit scoring.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

* The worst case: basketball. Basketball needs a goalie, foul outs without shooting, and zero timeouts.
    Can the goalie goaltend?

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Too bad if you've ever watched field hockey, it's probably one of the dumbest sports ever. Even more than soccer, the goal isn't really to score in the run of play but to get into the penalty area and then draw a foul. I'm also convinced that there's a rule where if the whistle hasn't blown in 30 seconds, the ref is required to blow it just because.
    Field hockey is definitely a sport that is screwed up because of terrible rules* and even worse equipment.

You could do a lot with that sport and make it really cool, with just a few changes.

But as it stands it's the only team sport for straight women, so leave it alone.

* The worst case: basketball. Basketball needs a goalie, a single point for all baskets, foul outs without shooting, two 10-minute halves, and zero timeouts. If basketball games came down to say 6-5 they would be thrilling.
    Last edited by Kepler; 06-01-2021, 04:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

Too bad if you've ever watched field hockey, it's probably one of the dumbest sports ever. Even more than soccer, the goal isn't really to score in the run of play but to get into the penalty area and then draw a foul. I'm also convinced that there's a rule where if the whistle hasn't blown in 30 seconds, the ref is required to blow it just because.
    Did you say something about rules and run of play?

cc: Kep - they're plenty legal!

Leave a comment:

• unofan
    replied
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Is this a summer sport? If so it's one Dutch team I'll be watching.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Those chicks look about 11.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

I'm even gayer now.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    I thought I saw that the women qualified for 3x3?

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    The US team did not qualify for 3x3 basketball, because apparently that's a thing now?
    It's funny because I'm sure it only existed so the networks could have more NBA stars.

We lost to Holland, the tallest country on Earth. So basically we lost because we eat sh-tty processed food.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    The US team did not qualify for 3x3 basketball, because apparently that's a thing now?

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    started a topic Tokyo COVympics: July 23 to August 8

Tokyo COVympics: July 23 to August 8

https://www.theonion.com/coronavirus...top-1846974422
Working...
X