Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tokyo COVympics: July 23 to August 8

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Sicatoka
    replied
    Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

    I think that we need to see what the human body is really capable of. I say that every 5 years we contest a truly "open" non-Olympics. Allow doping, unlimited spending, exotic equipment, etc. and see what humans are really capable of.
    They're in.

    Leave a comment:


  • RaceBoarder
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I think that we need to see what the human body is really capable of. I say that every 5 years we contest a truly "open" non-Olympics. Allow doping, unlimited spending, exotic equipment, etc. and see what humans are really capable of.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kepler
    replied
    That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

    Leave a comment:


  • dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by unofan View Post

    Yes, though I've seen other sports do that too if it's an artificial turf field. I forget why.
    Speed, dust, and it's hot as ****

    I played soccer on one in middle of July and it was like walking over coals. Made worse by the fact that I was keeper.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by unofan View Post

    Yes, though I've seen other sports do that too if it's an artificial turf field. I forget why.
    They did that at old Busch Stadium because the on field temperature was 150.

    Leave a comment:


  • unofan
    replied
    Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    Is it also Field Hockey where the field is actually watered down right before play starts and again at halftime?
    Yes, though I've seen other sports do that too if it's an artificial turf field. I forget why.

    Leave a comment:


  • RaceBoarder
    replied
    Is it also Field Hockey where the field is actually watered down right before play starts and again at halftime?

    Leave a comment:


  • Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Originally posted by unofan View Post

    Too bad if you've ever watched field hockey, it's probably one of the dumbest sports ever. Even more than soccer, the goal isn't really to score in the run of play but to get into the penalty area and then draw a foul. I'm also convinced that there's a rule where if the whistle hasn't blown in 30 seconds, the ref is required to blow it just because.
    It’s the only sport I can think of that limits how far out someone can score. Congrats on scoring from midfield, but it doesn’t count because you’re not allowed to score from anywhere on more than 85% of the field.

    And let’s make the net seven feet tall, but you can only shoot it six inches off the ground if there’s a group of people, which there always is.

    Leave a comment:


  • dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    BB with a goalie would somewhat resemble Netball which is a game no one wants to watch and was nearly as boring to play.
    there was a brilliant commercial back in the day where they had a goalie sitting on top of the hoop

    "basketball would be better if it were hockey"

    Leave a comment:


  • dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by unofan View Post

    Too bad if you've ever watched field hockey, it's probably one of the dumbest sports ever. Even more than soccer, the goal isn't really to score in the run of play but to get into the penalty area and then draw a foul. I'm also convinced that there's a rule where if the whistle hasn't blown in 30 seconds, the ref is required to blow it just because.
    Nah. That last part is rugby.

    Leave a comment:


  • dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Those chicks look about 11.
    They've always been a favorite. 11 is their goalie who's taken too many off the face.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by French Rage View Post

    I'll give you gaoltending but then we need to make it multiple baskets that they would need to defend and also 4/5/6/etc point lines too.
    No.

    If you want to prevent goaltending, put the baskets at 20 feet.

    Leave a comment:


  • Slap Shot
    replied
    BB with a goalie would somewhat resemble Netball which is a game no one wants to watch and was nearly as boring to play.

    Leave a comment:


  • The Sicatoka
    replied
    Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    Can the goalie goaltend?
    Many of us watching LVK@COL the other night were wondering just that. ;-)

    Leave a comment:


  • The Sicatoka
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Basketball needs ... zero timeouts.
    I'd give them one per game.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X