Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aparch
    replied
    Between the gymnastics sexual assault, swimming sexual assault, other team USA mismanagement, and now telling their own paraolympians to go **** themselves in a foreign country... the entirety of Team USA management overseeing men's, women's, and paraolympians sports can all go slip in a puddle of AIDS and die.

How do you tell disabled people who are at a disadvantage in a foreign country to "figure it out yourself?" I'd like to dump these people off somewhere remote and tell them to figure out their own way home.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Coco Gauff tested positive so she will not be competing.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    I don't know why they didn't say, vaccine or **** off

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    I guess a lot of it depends on what country they are from...

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    They are also people obsessed with competing and you’d think many got the vaccine to lower chances of missing their chance

Leave a comment:

• LynahFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    I would think it has to be...you gotta think most of these guys have been vaccinated and Delta is the major breakthrough variant.

If someone dies over this I am not sure the Olympics recovers. It's reputation isn't exactly great anyways but this would be a death knell.
    Maybe. Young, healthy people are pretty vaccine-hesitant. I could see a lot of them thinking that playing badminton or whatever makes them tougher than a piddly little virus.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    I would think it has to be...you gotta think most of these guys have been vaccinated and Delta is the major breakthrough variant.

If someone dies over this I am not sure the Olympics recovers. It's reputation isn't exactly great anyways but this would be a death knell.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    It is up to 2 now...
    If it's delta, then the olympics are officially over. It spreads too fast.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    The Olympic Channel showed the Closing Ceremonies from the London games this morning. What an amazing spectacle it was. I can’t imagine how the Opening and Closing Ceremonies will work with no fans in the stands.

On a separate note, I still am flummoxed by how large a role Jesse J had in the Closing Ceremonies.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    It is up to 2 now...

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    First covid case in Olympic village
    On the first day athletes report. Nice.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    Boy those cardboard beds sure did the trick, eh?

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Tick...tick...tick...

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by aparch View Post
    Not an Onion article.

To reduce copulation between the athletes in the Olympic village this summer the beds in the residence halls will be made from cardboard to prevent overloading...
    The most athletic people on Earth, literally. They don't need beds. They don't even need gravity.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X