Originally posted by Kepler View Post

The Asians will never medal.
    mookie, is that you?

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Temporary seating and stadiums exist.
    They do, but that stadium sure didn't look temporary.

At least the 3x3 can be played in a large convention center- since they commonly play mid-season tournaments in one for the NCAA.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by aparch View Post
    Motor boating?
    The Asians will never medal.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

With so many sports to accommodate, it not surprising that the next bid was more an appointment. What are you going to do with a 3x3 basketball arena? Unless it's played outdoors- which it should be. Heck, watching some of the fluff pieces, Tokyo has a brand new field hockey stadium- what are they going to do what that?? It's huge, and nobody will ever be able to watch a match. Not that I'm suggesting to get rid of field hockey- but adding MORE events that need it's own, unique stadium seems pretty dumb.
    Temporary seating and stadiums exist.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Originally posted by aparch View Post

Can we get Tug-of-War back as a sport? Croquet? Motor boating?

Also, the athletes have been having fun testing the cardboard beds... https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMdWdmm4q/
    With so many sports to accommodate, it not surprising that the next bid was more an appointment. What are you going to do with a 3x3 basketball arena? Unless it's played outdoors- which it should be. Heck, watching some of the fluff pieces, Tokyo has a brand new field hockey stadium- what are they going to do what that?? It's huge, and nobody will ever be able to watch a match. Not that I'm suggesting to get rid of field hockey- but adding MORE events that need it's own, unique stadium seems pretty dumb.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Unwatchable because of commentary, as always.

Where do they get these morons? Just talk about the sport and the event.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    So lets talk about some of the sports....

Not a big fan of adding more and more judged sports....

But the odd one 3x3 basketball. How in the world did pick up basketball make it as a Olympic sport???? This is NOT basketball- this is a small, half court, game, played like the racket games- with rounds.
    Can we get Tug-of-War back as a sport? Croquet? Motor boating?

Also, the athletes have been having fun testing the cardboard beds... https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMdWdmm4q/

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Joey King? The former Gopher?

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied

But the odd one 3x3 basketball. How in the world did pick up basketball make it as a Olympic sport???? This is NOT basketball- this is a small, half court, game, played like the racket games- with rounds.
    US didn't even qualify on the men's side, they got upset in qualifiers. The team was Robbie Hummel (currently a broadcaster), Dominique Jones (playing in China), Joey King (looks like he last played 5x5 in 2017 in Finland and has been doing 3x3 tournaments since), and Kareem Maddox (on and off between radio/podcast production and playing in Europe).

I would love to see a super team of LeBron, Steph, Kawhi, and Durant out there.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    I just learned that a coworker of mine has a niece or cousins (I wasn’t paying really close attention) on the women’s US gymnastics team. She’s the mookie-bait from St. Paul.
    First Hmong to rep the US at the Olympics

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    OTOH, Jade Carey from Phoenix, well, ...

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    I just learned that a coworker of mine has a niece or cousins (I wasn’t paying really close attention) on the women’s US gymnastics team. She’s the mookie-bait from St. Paul.
    Too old for mookie.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

Leave a comment:

• unofan
    replied
    I recognized both FF songs, Song of the Ancients from Nier, and the Sonic song.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X