Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MichVandal
    replied
    US softball bats stay cold all tournament, managing to barely win every game. Except the last one. Japan's pitching overwhelmed the cold bats. And Japan's hot bats (they had a lot of hits) broke through the US hot pitching- the US giving up the only two earned runs the entire tournament to Japan.

So now we know why Japan added Softball to the Olympics.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Yes, very confused tourists.

https://twitter.com/SjongAustin/stat...71924620984320

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

Are they correct in saying there's only one Olympic size pool in the state? I suppose it is moot, they also said she trains in a 25M. Just crazy. That South African was probably pumped they beat King, then bummed to see they were in second anyway.
    Alaska, home of Anchorage swimming pool
    It's length thirty meter, width six meter
    Filtration system a marvel to behold
    It remove 80% of human solid waste

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    If there's a cruise ship docked in Seward there's gonna be some very confused tourists.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

Are they correct in saying there's only one Olympic size pool in the state? I suppose it is moot, they also said she trains in a 25M. Just crazy. That South African was probably pumped they beat King, then bummed to see they were in second anyway.
    Yeah, it's in Anchorage and I don't think I've ever seen it in 50m mode ever. All the other pools (there are quite a few) are 25 yd pools.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Alaska wins a gold medal in swimming!
    Last edited by state of hockey; 07-26-2021, 09:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Alaska wins a gold medal in swimming!

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
    To follow up Tunisia's gold, the Philippines just got their first gold, 55 kg women's weightlifting- who beat the defending Olympic champion from China. And it was VERY dramatic. Have to say, the Chinese woman missed a chance- for her last lift, it did not appear to be that hard- she did it super quick. Whereas Diaz from the Philippines added 1kg, and really worked hard to clean and jerk it. Great watch.
    This result is making the rounds in these parts!!

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    To follow up Tunisia's gold, the Philippines just got their first gold, 55 kg women's weightlifting- who beat the defending Olympic champion from China. And it was VERY dramatic. Have to say, the Chinese woman missed a chance- for her last lift, it did not appear to be that hard- she did it super quick. Whereas Diaz from the Philippines added 1kg, and really worked hard to clean and jerk it. Great watch.

Leave a comment:

• The Sicatoka
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

One would have wished for Greek.
    Πράγματι.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I mean it is an allegation. It would be pretty ****ed up if you could just accuse somebody of a crime and destroy their life.

(Something pedophilia something something)
    Oh I agree, due process is a thing. But allegations go so far back, looks like another example of things not being handled when they should have been.
    again just a joke that shacarri isn’t there

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Originally posted by unofan View Post

English and French are the official languages of the IOC.
    As it has been for a long time, so how was the USSR shown as CCCP?

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by unofan View Post

One would have wished for Greek.

Leave a comment:

• unofan
    replied
    Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
    While we are talking coverage, has anyone else noticed that the team jerseys and hats have the country's name in English? Let alone in Arabic- seeing Russia instead of the same thing in Cyrillic or any other language sucks. Nothing like when the USSR said CCCP on them.

You'd think at least the countries would be listed locally in Japanese.

Way, way, way too much power to NBC.

Leave a comment:

• The Sicatoka
    replied
    Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    - Showing me the instantaneous speed of a swimmer is by far the most useless state imaginable.
    Even when compared to instantaneous velocity of a football or hockey player?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X