Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tokyo COVympics: July 23 to August 8

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
    While we are talking coverage, has anyone else noticed that the team jerseys and hats have the country's name in English? Let alone in Arabic- seeing Russia instead of the same thing in Cyrillic or any other language sucks. Nothing like when the USSR said CCCP on them.

    You'd think at least the countries would be listed locally in Japanese.

    Way, way, way too much power to NBC.
    English and French are the official languages of the IOC.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by unofan View Post

      English and French are the official languages of the IOC.
      One would have wished for Greek.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

      Comment


      • Originally posted by unofan View Post

        English and French are the official languages of the IOC.
        As it has been for a long time, so how was the USSR shown as CCCP?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

          I mean it is an allegation. It would be pretty fucked up if you could just accuse somebody of a crime and destroy their life.

          (Something pedophilia something something)
          Oh I agree, due process is a thing. But allegations go so far back, looks like another example of things not being handled when they should have been.
          again just a joke that shacarri isn’t there

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

            One would have wished for Greek.
            Πράγματι.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

            North Dakota Hockey:

            Comment


            • To follow up Tunisia's gold, the Philippines just got their first gold, 55 kg women's weightlifting- who beat the defending Olympic champion from China. And it was VERY dramatic. Have to say, the Chinese woman missed a chance- for her last lift, it did not appear to be that hard- she did it super quick. Whereas Diaz from the Philippines added 1kg, and really worked hard to clean and jerk it. Great watch.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                To follow up Tunisia's gold, the Philippines just got their first gold, 55 kg women's weightlifting- who beat the defending Olympic champion from China. And it was VERY dramatic. Have to say, the Chinese woman missed a chance- for her last lift, it did not appear to be that hard- she did it super quick. Whereas Diaz from the Philippines added 1kg, and really worked hard to clean and jerk it. Great watch.
                This result is making the rounds in these parts!!

                Comment


                • Alaska wins a gold medal in swimming!
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

                  Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    Alaska wins a gold medal in swimming!
                    Are they correct in saying there's only one Olympic size pool in the state? I suppose it is moot, they also said she trains in a 25M. Just crazy. That South African was probably pumped they beat King, then bummed to see they were in second anyway.
                    Last edited by state of hockey; 07-26-2021, 09:35 PM.
                    the state of hockey is good

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

                      Are they correct in saying there's only one Olympic size pool in the state? I suppose it is moot, they also said she trains in a 25M. Just crazy. That South African was probably pumped they beat King, then bummed to see they were in second anyway.
                      Yeah, it's in Anchorage and I don't think I've ever seen it in 50m mode ever. All the other pools (there are quite a few) are 25 yd pools.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

                      Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                      Comment


                      • If there's a cruise ship docked in Seward there's gonna be some very confused tourists.
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

                        Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

                          Are they correct in saying there's only one Olympic size pool in the state? I suppose it is moot, they also said she trains in a 25M. Just crazy. That South African was probably pumped they beat King, then bummed to see they were in second anyway.
                          Alaska, home of Anchorage swimming pool
                          It's length thirty meter, width six meter
                          Filtration system a marvel to behold
                          It remove 80% of human solid waste

                          Cornell '04, Stanford '06


                          KDR

                          Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

                          Test to see if I can add this.

                          Comment


                          • Yes, very confused tourists.

                            https://twitter.com/SjongAustin/stat...71924620984320
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

                            Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                            Comment


                            • US softball bats stay cold all tournament, managing to barely win every game. Except the last one. Japan's pitching overwhelmed the cold bats. And Japan's hot bats (they had a lot of hits) broke through the US hot pitching- the US giving up the only two earned runs the entire tournament to Japan.

                              So now we know why Japan added Softball to the Olympics.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                                US softball bats stay cold all tournament, managing to barely win every game. Except the last one. Japan's pitching overwhelmed the cold bats. And Japan's hot bats (they had a lot of hits) broke through the US hot pitching- the US giving up the only two earned runs the entire tournament to Japan.

                                So now we know why Japan added Softball to the Olympics.
                                Good.

                                We lose, the world wins.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X