No announcement yet.

Tokyo COVympics: July 23 to August 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I set my DVR to record the Opening Ceremonies as I will be at Fenway tonight not realizing NBC was showing them live this morning. D'oh! Tonga's oiled up **** flag bearer is back - yippee!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      I set my DVR to record the Opening Ceremonies as I will be at Fenway tonight not realizing NBC was showing them live this morning. D'oh! Tonga's oiled up **** flag bearer is back - yippee!
      Long, but good. The "show" part was nice and subtle. The athlete part just takes forever.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Long, but good. The "show" part was nice and subtle. The athlete part just takes forever.
        I'm sure the networks and the IOC are working on removing athletics from the Olympics for ratings.

I was hoping for some completely balls out weirdness from the Nukees. Nobody is going to beat that Spanish one with the giant phallic worm balloon animal.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I set my DVR to record the Opening Ceremonies as I will be at Fenway tonight not realizing NBC was showing them live this morning. D'oh! Tonga's oiled up **** flag bearer is back - yippee!
          “And now, from Tonga, the annual presentation of the Oiled Up ****boy Thirst Trap.”
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I'm sure the networks and the IOC are working on removing athletics from the Olympics for ratings.

I was hoping for some completely balls out weirdness from the Nukees. Nobody is going to beat that Spanish one with the giant phallic worm balloon animal.
            They were so spaced out for safety, it took longer than normal. And the athletes were more subdued, since there were just a handful of people in the stadium.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              “And now, from Tonga, the annual presentation of the Oiled Up ****boy Thirst Trap.”
              And how here's Hoda to make a joke about Djibouti's name again. So glad we got this crew to cover this event!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Biennial, surely.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

How weird is this site that the bolded word is allowed but s*e*x*y is not?

Comment

How weird is this site that the bolded word is allowed but s*e*x*y is not?
                    It is weird. I specifically chose ****boy because I knew it wouldn't be starred out.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I specifically chose ****boy because I knew it wouldn't be starred out.
                      -- Jerry Falwell Jr.
                      Cornell University

Comment

• I give that guy credit.... He's using his 15 minutes very efficiently... 3 minutes every two years while on a trip that 99.999992% of the world can only dream about...

Dude is my hero...
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Watching the replay, the start of the parade of athletes had the Final Fantasy Victory Fanfare.

Naturally.

Edit: Apparently the whole parade has a bunch of Japanese Video Game music. I'll see if I recognize anymore...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Got another one, First Flight from Ace Combat 5.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• The USA...The most dominant country in the history of the Olympics. More athletes than probably 33% of combined island nations, but the uniforms always suck. They look like they just got out of prison with the striped shirts.
                              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• I recognized both FF songs, Song of the Ancients from Nier, and the Sonic song.

Comment

Working...
                                X