Dead Thread - 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

Thanks Kep for the list. I would only perhaps move the Beatles down a slot and perhaps add Herman's Hermits in there somewhere and of course, The Who. Still listen to much of this on Sirius radio with the 60's on 6 channel.
    I don't think of The Who or Zep as BI.

I never cared for 'erman's 'ermits, personally.

But I could be convinced to move the Hollies up. Their stuff really stands up.

I joke about WalMart, er, the Beatles but they are still a tier 1 band and the Zombies and Troggs are not. Yes, Lennon and McCartney are wildly overrated, but they still belong in the Bigs.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Yeah the Hollies are oddly overlooked. I'd say the post-Nash stuff is even better than with him.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

I don't think of The Who or Zep as BI.

I never cared for 'erman's 'ermits, personally.

I joke about WalMart, er, the Beatles but they are still a tier 1 band and the Zombies and Troggs are not. Yes, Lennon and McCartney are wildly overrated, but they still belong in the Bigs.
        Just a slight difference in taste but for the most part in agreement. When I heard the news today I went over to You Tube and watched a few Animals videos - House of the Rising Sun (of course), We Got to Get Out of this Place, and Don't let Me be Misunderstood. Probably 3 or 4 others also.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Just a slight difference in taste but for the most part in agreement. When I heard the news today I went over to You Tube and watched a few Animals videos - House of the Rising Sun (of course), We Got to Get Out of this Place, and Don't let Me be Misunderstood. Probably 3 or 4 others also.
          I always think Shape of Things to Come should have been The Animals.

They were so great even if (perhaps because) Eric Burdon is such a dink.

Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Skyyyyyyyyyy Pilot!

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

• According to TMZ, the bell couldn’t save Dustin Diamond, 44. Cancer Sucks
              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Originally posted by jericho View Post
                According to TMZ, the bell couldn’t save Dustin Diamond, 44. Cancer Sucks
                CNN is reporting as well.

Screech really kicked *** in Celebrity Boxing.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

CNN is reporting as well.

Screech really kicked *** in Celebrity Boxing.
                  Did he fight Greg Brady or Danny Partridge?

Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Hal Holbrook
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• These two posts in a row made me giggle:

Hal Holbrook

Comment

• Originally posted by jericho View Post

He beat the crap out of Horshack.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          Hal Holbrook
                          Good. He scared the s**t out of me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            Hal Holbrook
                            So the winner of Evening Shade Highlander comes down to Marilu Henner vs Elizabeth Ashley.

KDR

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Good. He scared the s**t out of me.
                              He was great in The Fog.

Other fun performances: Jamie Lee Curtis as the slutty hitchhiker, Janet Leigh as the ADD grand dame, Adrienne Barbeau's boobs, and John Houseman's cameo prologue which rumor says he drove up to the set, did it in one take in real time, and then just got in and drove off.

I hated the kid in that movie and wanted to see him either drown or be skewered by the hook dude.
                              Cornell University

Comment

He was great in The Fog.

Other fun performances: Jamie Lee Curtis as the slutty hitchhiker, Janet Leigh as the ADD grand dame, Adrienne Barbeau's boobs, and John Houseman's cameo prologue which rumor says he drove up to the set, did it in one take in real time, and then just got in and drove off.

I hated the kid in that movie and wanted to see him either drown or be skewered by the hook dude.
                                The original Fog is very underrated.

Comment

Working...
                                X