Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GQP Thread: I'm even sick of that ****** number and, anyway, he's gone (for now)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh like our missing conservative poster here?

Comment

• He's touting it as a late term ban. That's why he set it at 15 weeks. 15 weeks is late term.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Jesus, Lady G, read the frickin' room.

So much for abortion being left up to the states. Anyone with half a brain knew that was always bull****, and anyone trumpeting that line was a lying sack of ****.
        This wakes up the pro-lifers who have been celebrating and didn't notice the 60% of new voters being young women. Desperate attempt to snatch the Senate back.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• It's interesting how they as a political party keeps doubling down on the same voters over and over and over again. Essentially since the 1960's. And somehow it just keeps working over and over and over again. If we want to end the right the Dems actually have to convince people who do not vote to vote. Hopefully this is the year.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Maybe they think the fix is in and they don't have to worry about votes anymore.

In all honesty, other than the 20% who are complete nutbars, any woman who votes R after this should get a 5150.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              If we want to end the right the Dems actually have to convince people who do not vote to vote. Hopefully this is the year.
              You and I both realize that's not how it works. The Dems aren't entitled to people voting for them, that is the mistake liberals make. The Dems must magnetize people -- inspire them to vote. And that drab neoliberal, Plute-captured weak sauce isn't enough.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

You and I both realize that's not how it works. The Dems aren't entitled to people voting for them, that is the mistake liberals make. The Dems must magnetize people -- inspire them to vote. And that drab neoliberal, Plute-captured weak sauce isn't enough.
                We dont really have to when the GOP is hell bent on forcing everyone to vote for us. I mean they have literally alienated everyone but White Males at this point...and every time they have a chance to let the heat die down they throw more lighter fluid on the fire. Abortion is the best example since post Dodds female/Dem registration is skyrocketing to a point that state GOPers are trying to hide their stances for fear of being destroyed.

We arent entitled to their votes, but the GOP has made it so it is the only sane option at this point which is pretty dang crazy. They threw all strategy out the window when they embraced the Trumpers.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post

This wakes up the pro-lifers who have been celebrating and didn't notice the 60% of new voters being young women. Desperate attempt to snatch the Senate back.
                  This is what happens when you (the GOP) suck at math.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

We dont really have to when the GOP is hell bent on forcing everyone to vote for us. I mean they have literally alienated everyone but White Males at this point...and every time they have a chance to let the heat die down they throw more lighter fluid on the fire. Abortion is the best example since post Dodds female/Dem registration is skyrocketing to a point that state GOPers are trying to hide their stances for fear of being destroyed.

We arent entitled to their votes, but the GOP has made it so it is the only sane option at this point which is pretty dang crazy. They threw all strategy out the window when they embraced the Trumpers.
                    I hope so.

My plan has always been to ally the Left with the liberals to isolate the Right and shrink their power to where we can drown them in a bathtub. Then, ever after, have elections between the Left and the liberals. I can tolerate Nancy and Chuck as the rightmost point on the political spectrum. I won't vote for them, but I won't fear them either. And we can use them as a parking spot when the derps need a breather in increasing tolerance, diversity, inclusion, and real economic opportunity.

I look forward to the day when you win half the elections as the New Right, while I win half the elections as the Real Left. I'll bet we can even compromise sometimes.

But, before that, we have to kill the Nazis and save the world.

Last edited by Kepler; 09-13-2022, 11:27 AM.
                    Cornell University

Comment

• https://www.timesunion.com/state/art...P-CP-spotlight
                      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

It works fine. You have to work for the votes and convince non-voters to vote. Nothing strange here.

Comment

• If we live in a world where I am the Right Wing there is going to be ritualistic suicides from the current Center and Right. I am not even sure there are European countries where Bernie would be the "New Right" let alone his voters like me but I am definitely down for it!

Look obviously things dont shake out how logic dictates but what voting block can look at the things the GOP is standing for and support it? Obviously every non white male is already pretty much turned off because they hate everyone but they are even openly talking about sunsetting Social Security and Medicare. I mean the one thing they always had was the olds and now they are trying to alienate them. They openly are defiant against Law Enforcement cause they dare do their jobs with Trump and insult the military on the hour. So you have racists and rich ****s...

Even if we assume this charges up the base (which it wont, their base is fully charged anyways and half of them will hate this bill for various reasons) it also supercharges the elements against you. Any chance for complacency is now dead. Any chance for the local politicos to walk their stance back in silence is dead because now this becomes the first question. (do you support the national abortion ban) Plus, they are putting everyone on the record if they have to vote. (i.e. the Senate) This is a Democrat style move...not a Republican one. They usually strategize better than this.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Paywall...
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Look obviously things dont shake out how logic dictates but what voting block can look at the things the GOP is standing for and support it? Obviously every non white male is already pretty much turned off because they hate everyone..
                              Male (and female) Hispanic voters have been difficult to pigeonhole, haven’t they?

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

Male (and female) Hispanic voters have been difficult to pigeonhole, haven’t they?
                                Yeah...they are definitely interesting for a bevy of reasons.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X