Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GQP Thread: I'm even sick of that ****** number and, anyway, he's gone (for now)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
    Why does the GQP continue to get free passes like a Midwestern white girl wishing to meet the Hollywood celebrity of their wet dreams?
    This is the question I have wanted the answer to for the last 20+ years. I have yet to hear a solid answer.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• CPAC is in Hungary (or just was).

Normally, that would be national news as it's completely god damned insane. However, considering that this same organization made a literal golden calf, I mean Golden Trump...
      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
        Evergreen post.

If a mass shooter quoted Stephen Colbert in a manifesto, would Colbert be:
        a) be put on hiatus/fired by CBS
        b) scrubbed of all digital Viacom/CBS material
        c) have his era of The Daily Show censored/removed
        d) all of the above

Why does the GQP continue to get free passes like a Midwestern white girl wishing to meet the Hollywood celebrity of their wet dreams?
        Because they’re warriors in The Great Battle, and so on and so forth, while democrats rightly identify and understand what a vile and vitriolic person can actually do when they have followers.

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• LP doing the work the Dems should be doing.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Beau reacts to Dump going there.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

This is the question I have wanted the answer to for the last 20+ years. I have yet to hear a solid answer.
              Brains are different. right wing nut jobs have brains wired one way and people who know how to think critically and are at least somewhat open minded have brains wired completely differently.

That is why it is hopeless in the short term to see positive change in most right wing nut jobs. It is why waiting for society and evolution to bring these people into the last half of the twentieth century (a quarter of a century and more late) is futile. They will have destroyed the world by the time that happens.

We are seeing it as we speak. Science has known for decades the damage we are doing to our environment by buring fossil fuels, and now we know that there is a chance it is too late to turn back the harm. Yet we have allowed it to go on and on years longer than it should have. That is just one example of how waiting for the right wing to "learn their lessons" has put us on a road to ruin.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

Brains are different. right wing nut jobs have brains wired one way and people who know how to think critically and are at least somewhat open minded have brains wired completely differently.

That is why it is hopeless in the short term to see positive change in most right wing nut jobs. It is why waiting for society and evolution to bring these people into the last half of the twentieth century (a quarter of a century and more late) is futile. They will have destroyed the world by the time that happens.

We are seeing it as we speak. Science has known for decades the damage we are doing to our environment by buring fossil fuels, and now we know that there is a chance it is too late to turn back the harm. Yet we have allowed it to go on and on years longer than it should have. That is just one example of how waiting for the right wing to "learn their lessons" has put us on a road to ruin.
                The middle lets them off the hook as well. Or they would never get elected. It's not just right wing nut jobs brains being wired differently.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The middle lets them off the hook as well. Or they would never get elected. It's not just right wing nut jobs brains being wired differently.
                  I don't know that I believe there is much of a "middle" in reality. Sometimes people say they are middle of the road because they think that makes them look more reasonable. And maybe they even believe it too. When I dealt with my union members in WI and MN I had to push back on their opinions that most unions and union officials were godless commies who wanted to take their guns by pointing out I was a gun owning Christian capitalist with a concealed carry permit. Was I doing that to make my appearance to to them seem more centric? Maybe.

What I do know is that if you are not a right wing nut job you know how to change your mind, you don't believe everything your facebook news feed says, and you generally know how to make use of logic, evidence and facts to look at an issue critically and have a truly informed opinion. None of that is true of RWNJs.

Sadly, those of us who are NOT fascists will probably have to learn to act (and to a certain extent think) like RWNJs if we want to save the planet.
                  Last edited by WeAreNDHockey; 05-23-2022, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• Yes, I agree, but that's not the point. If the RWNJ's are 40% let's say, they're getting non RWNJ's to vote for them. Or they would already be finished. Those are the people that are the problem. The Susan Collins and Joe Manchin's of the world. The ones that have spent the last 25+ years thinking they can "Work With Republicans.". No, no you can't. Republicans have two goals. More money for rich people and servitude for minorities and women. That's the goal. Everything that has happened since 1980 has been in service to that.

Comment

"The Middle" says, "The dems promised me they were gonna do this, this and this. So I elected them. And then they didn't do any of it. So, might as well see if the Republicans will"
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

"The Middle" says, "The dems promised me they were gonna do this, this and this. So I elected them. And then they didn't do any of it. So, might as well see if the Republicans will"
                        Yeah, good point. Morning Joe says that Democrats need to start telling people how crazy Republicans are? I don't think that will work.

Comment

Yeah, good point. Morning Joe says that Democrats need to start telling people how crazy Republicans are? I don't think that will work.
                          It'll be a start. Not just say they're crazy, but say why they're crazy. What their crazy means for the average person going ahead.

Comment

• Article on Twitter's NYT Pitchbot.

https://www.cjr.org/the_profile/nyt-pitchbot.php

Comment

• The archbishop of San Francisco said Friday that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who is Catholic, can no longer receive the sacrament of communion because she has declined to back down from her push for abortion access.
                              It's a little late for this bull****, isn't it?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/abortio...san-francisco/
                              Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 05-24-2022, 07:42 AM.

Comment

• Tax them
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X