Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GQP Thread: I'm even sick of that ****** number and, anyway, he's gone (for now)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I check Facebook once a day...it has sucked for years. The chat function is good but beyond that it hasn't been innovative or fun in probably a decade. It was never the best of the SM platforms it just was the most easily accessible. That is why everyone's parents are on it ;^) Honestly I was an early adopter (back when only college students could use it) and while it was interesting MySpace was always better. Facebook is like Apple to me...and that isn't a compliment ;^)

That is my opinion anyways I am sure others have their reasons to hate it.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• It feels like they left something off the list: https://www.foxnews.com/us/this-day-in-history-jan-6

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• the gaslighting from the right is absurd and disgusting
        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• https://twitter.com/ChrisMurphyCT/st...50703671132162

At the moment of silence for the Capitol Police officers who died, there were only two Republicans who showed up. Rep. Lynn [Liz] Cheney. And her father. The 80 year old former Vice President. An extraordinary image of where this country’s politics are right now.

Back the Blue!

edit: Kinzinger's wife is having a baby that is why he isn't there.
          Last edited by Handyman; 01-06-2022, 12:43 PM.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            https://twitter.com/ChrisMurphyCT/st...50703671132162

Back the Blue!

Jeebus. ****ing Dick Cheney as the GOP's paragon of virtue. These ****ing people...
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
              It feels like they left something off the list: https://www.foxnews.com/us/this-day-in-history-jan-6
              Not one to defend FAUX News, but that article appeared on 1-6-2021. Probably prepared for publication far in advance of that day and put out before the insurrection began.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                https://twitter.com/ChrisMurphyCT/st...50703671132162

Back the Blue!

Some Capitol Police officers are beginning to complain about Officer Harry Dunn making this just another racial complaint.

In the wake of the January 6 attack on the US Capitol, members of the police department tasked with guarding the building remain divided along lines of both race and politics.

A report fromThe New York Timessaid some officers had grown weary of Capitol Police Sgt. Harry Dunn's prominent role as an advocate for the Capitol Police. They complained that by talking about the racism he endured on that day, he made it "all about race."
                Cops will always show their true colors eventually. As much as I wished for an overwhelming response from the officers present at the Capitol on that day, part of the reason it wasn't forthcoming was most of them sympathized with the rioters. By the time the situation grew out of control there was nothing law enforcement could do. They were not prepared or equipped to do much in the way of battle. That was likely by design of course, from the people (many behind the scenes) who have not been identified and will likely never be brought to justice.

Just like 99% of the establishment of the republican party is leaving people like Liz Cheney or Adam Kinzinger left hanging, 99% of the white members of law enforcement are not going to support officers of color who are relating stories of what was really happening that day and what those officers saw and felt. I feel sorry for those officers. The rest can **** off and die.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/_cingraham/statu...97899217063945

GOP: has only two members show up to moment of silence for cops injured/killed during Jan 6.
                  GOP-lite twitter: it would be nice if Democrats just dropped labels and came together for unity.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Oh in other news, Lindsay Graham said he was going to block the resolution to recognize the Armenian Genocide. Why, you ask, would anyone block such a measure? Because he didn't want to "Re-write history".

Let that one roll around for a while.
                      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                        Oh in other news, Lindsay Graham said he was going to block the resolution to recognize the Armenian Genocide. Why, you ask, would anyone block such a measure? Because he didn't want to "Re-write history".

Let that one roll around for a while.
                        Inconsistency is a feature of the Republican Party. It's not a bug.

This video report from CNN on Ted Cruz illustrates my point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wUx0K2AxkM
                        Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 01-07-2022, 08:33 AM.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Lincoln Project Take on the Ted Cruz flip flop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGC_J6Z_Zhw
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            Lincoln Project Take on the Ted Cruz flip flop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGC_J6Z_Zhw
                            They're both cowards.

Seriously I can't believe I'm letting my sons go back to the U.S. for college. I should have pushed them toward just about anyplace else.

Comment

• Plenty of Republicans have taken a stand in recent years, they're just not standing for democracy anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

They're both cowards.

Seriously I can't believe I'm letting my sons go back to the U.S. for college. I should have pushed them toward just about anyplace else.
                                I don't know where you could push them that would avoid this. Right Wing nonsense is on the rise everywhere.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X