Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GQP Thread: I'm even sick of that ****** number and, anyway, he's gone (for now)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forehead McSexTrafficker is now flat out saying when they take back the House he will make a motion to put Trump in as Speaker. This needs top be in every ad from now til next November. Kevin McCarthy needs to have this thrown in his face at every PC he holds.

I mean none of that will happen because the Dems could lose a one person race and the media doesn't care about the "GOP in Disarray" narrative only the "Dems in Disarray". But in a sane world this would be exactly what the Dems and the media want.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Yeah these house races now need to be about trump getting in as speaker

Comment

• A packers fan. Making more sense now

https://***********/ronfilipkowski/s...547520516?s=21

Comment

• Where's the dickie wagger?
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            A packers fan. Making more sense now

https://***********/ronfilipkowski/s...547520516?s=21
            Far left (photo, not ideology) kid looks like he wants to take that gun to school...

Second left kid is too young to know any better and probably thinks the "pew-pew" is neat.

Two right kids have that "this isn't right" look to them.

And her husband is MIA.

Lovely family photo. I give it a 5 out of 5 Palins.

*Edit* Meanwhile, I cant even find a decent photo of both my dogs sitting together to put into my Christmad cards.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Fox tree in nyc caught fire. Or may have been set on fire

https://***********/davidbegnaud/sta...859850752?s=21

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                Yeah these house races now need to be about trump getting in as speaker
                I'm a little confuzzled - doesn't he have to be a congressman to be Speaker?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Apparently not.

Comment

There is nothing in the Constitution that says the Speaker has to be a member of the House.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Someone needs to start the Twitter handle 'Devin Nunes' Cash Cow' https://***********/JuddLegum/status...331910150?s=20

Judd Legum @JuddLegum

UPDATE: Stock in Trump's new media company is now trading at over $50, imputing a valuation of $1.85 BILLION! This a company with:

No products
                      No subscribers
                      No tech
                      No revenue

And only one named employee: Devin Nunes

Comment

There never has been a non-member as Speaker, but as noted, it is not required.

There is zero chance Trump takes this job, but the threat of it should be informative to us all. It doesn't matter if you're only 95% supplicant to Trump. 100% or you're the enemy.

But it's totally not a cult.
                        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• This Twitter account has some good ones

https://***********/dougjballoon/sta...487711749?s=21

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

There never has been a non-member as Speaker, but as noted, it is not required.

There is zero chance Trump takes this job, but the threat of it should be informative to us all. It doesn't matter if you're only 95% supplicant to Trump. 100% or you're the enemy.

But it's totally not a cult.
                            I don't think it has anything to do with Trump not taking the job (although I agree that he wouldn't). I don't think there is any chance at all that a member of the House majority caucus is going to pass up a chance to be probably the second most powerful politician in the U.S. just to give the job to Trump.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

I don't think it has anything to do with Trump not taking the job (although I agree that he wouldn't). I don't think there is any chance at all that a member of the House majority caucus is going to pass up a chance to be probably the second most powerful politician in the U.S. just to give the job to Trump.
                              I do...because they will have zero power to really do anything even if they take back both houses. Biden won't sign into law anything they pass. It will all be worthless hearings and threats until 2024. Net zero outside of the usually whining which has been hurting their numbers for a while now. (only their friend Gerry Mander keeps them relevant these days)

Trump would basically give them the full on bully pulpit because he will suck the air out of the room. Qevin McCarthy is spineless and no one cares what he says half the time cause even his own cacus cant stand him. Trump demands loyalty, brings in lots of money (and steals even more) and basically makes anything the Dems say or do moot because the media will focus exclusively on him. Plus having him as the figurehead of the coming "Biden Impeachment" is everything the GOP wants and needs going into the next Presidential.

And I totally disagree if UglyForeheadGuy is floating the idea it means Trump is interested. Don't get me wrong he will do less in that job than he did as President but I think he can't stand being stuck sending out press releases from Mar-a-Lago and this is his way back in the spotlight. Plus it gives him 2 years of unfettered media access leading up to his run for President again. He will have all his talking points working at full speed and the media will eat it up.

Honestly, and I say this hating myself for it, but if I worked for Trump and he was planning to run in '24 I would say this needs to be his plan. 2 years of ripping Biden in front of the world and helping the MSM with their "Dems in Disarray" BS which means their attacks on POTUS and VPOTUS will have gasoline thrown on them. Trump will be let back on Twitter which you know he wants and he will basically control all narratives within the Party and in national politics for the next 2 years. He would cakewalk to the nomination and would probably be the odds on favorite to win the whole thing. The media won't give him the free air time they did in the lead up to '16 when they figured he was a joke...so he needs to be in a position they can't ignore.

note: This will be the point where 50 years from now a History Teacher (either here or somewhere else since History wont be taught here if things go real bad) will point to and say "that was the point of no return". That was Hitler being named Chancellor of Germany, that was the assassination of the Archduke or that is Caesar crossing the Rubicon. If they somehow make this work the Dems are in a heap of trouble and the decks are too stacked for them to fix it after the fact.
                              Last edited by Handyman; 12-08-2021, 11:11 AM.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

They don't have a choice if thats who the members elect.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X