Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GQP Thread: I'm even sick of that ****** number and, anyway, he's gone (for now)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He is not the one who needs the stiff sentence. He is a Soy Boy Basement Dweller who got caught up in a conspiracy theory cause he needed friends.

Any former military person should get the harshest sentence possible. LEO? Absolutely. People who who assaulted cops and were real threats? Throw the book at them. D&D Guy who has a gluten allergy? Let him deal with gen pop for 3.5 years he won't know what hit him!
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• And if this guy's getting almost four years for just being a dip****, then those still waiting for trial, the Proud Boys and the Oath Keepers, are bound to be seeing a lot more.

I'm ok with his sentence. The guys who went there in body armor and tactical gear, the ones who were planning and communicating, acting in organized tactics, the ones beating on cops, they need the book thrown at them. Those are the ones you need to be making examples of.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Broken old cow lol

https://twitter.com/mepfuller/status...632187909?s=21

Comment

• "Thank you and good luck!"
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Some of them are also whining they are having CRT shoved down their throat...

Speaking of that...I notice that no one really seems to be whining about that anymore.
            Just like Satanic Panic back in the day, we won't even be talking about it by this time next year. The Fash will have moved on to whatever new conspiracy blather about indoctrinating kids that the rubes believe, and that will get them elected in 2022.

Comment

• Now we should teach CRT since no one cares :^o
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                Jesus, it's like one run-on sentence after another.
                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• We've identified the true enemies of America. https://twitter.com/patriottakes/sta...76319992655873

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Jfc cnn

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1...765402120?s=21

Comment

That is irresponsible reporting.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...erence/620746/

Great article by David Brooks. Regardless of your opinion on him, this is still a good read.
                        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

was it cillizza? Because it's the most cilizza an article could be. And i'm not going to give them clicks.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

was it cillizza? Because it's the most cilizza an article could be. And i'm not going to give them clicks.
                            Stephen Collinson

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                              https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...erence/620746/

Great article by David Brooks. Regardless of your opinion on him, this is still a good read.
                              It's a great article.

Another speaker, Amanda Milius, is the daughter of John Milius, who was the screenwriter for the first two Dirty Harry films and Apocalypse Now. She grew up in L.A. and wound up in the Trump administration. She argued that America needs to get back to making self-confident movies like The Searchers, the 1956 John Ford Western. This was an unapologetic movie, she asserted, about how Americans tamed the West and how Christian values got brought to “savage, undeveloped land.”

This is about as dumb a reading of The Searchers as it’s possible to imagine. The movie is actually the modern analogue to the Oresteia, by Aeschylus. The complex lead figure, played by John Wayne, is rendered barbaric and racist while fighting on behalf of westward pioneers. By the end, he is unfit to live in civilized society.

But David Brooks should know: this is all his fault. His people -- he himself -- winked at this strain of fascism in their party because it was convenient, and his legacy is now a genuinely virulent Naziism has control of 45% of America. Take a bow, you cynical ****.

And here's the thing. He identifies these people as "smart," but they aren't. They may be educated but they're just as stupid as the hayseeds back home. Just because you've read Edmund Burke and Aristotle doesn't mean you have touched the deeply rooted intelligence within those traditions. Prep schools are full of dumb ****s who have read the Great Books and will still wind up on Wall Street or K Street.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

You hit on the problem. It was a clickbait headline, not a terrible article. The theme of the article was not that American's haven't seen the benefit of the infrastructure bill. The general theme was this: The infrastructure bill was an historic bill; It is going to take years for Americans to really see or feel the true benefits of it; Because of that, the Biden Admin needs to aggressively market to the American people how truly great the bill is and what it will do, they haven't really done that to date and thus far in the administration they haven't been that great at marketing any of their accomplishments.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X