Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GQP Thread: I'm even sick of that ****** number and, anyway, he's gone (for now)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throw meadows in jail and throw away the key

https://***********/rickhasen/status...190121474?s=21

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Obviously...but the courts really can't do much about that.

Bannon indictment makes me happy.
      I realize it has to be done, but 100% guaranteed now when Republicans take charge again they will be jailing journalists and Dems. Then they will blame the Dems for starting it, just like they blamed Obama for starting the breaking the filibuster for Judges. Of course they will do it anyway, so prob just gotta lock him up.

Comment

• Gun charge dismissed against rittrnhouse.

can’t wait til a black kid does this and we’ll if judge keeps same energy.

oh wait he’d be dead

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          Gun charge dismissed against rittrnhouse.

can’t wait til a black kid does this and we’ll if judge keeps same energy.

oh wait he’d be dead
          jfc
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Apparently the judge and the Prosecution want Kenosha to burn...
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• The judge at Kyle Rittenhouse’s murder trial has dismissed a count of possession of a dangerous weapon by a person under 18.

The charge is only a misdemeanor, but it had appeared to be among the likeliest to net a conviction for prosecutors. There’s no dispute that Rittenhouse was 17 when he carried an AR-style semi-automatic rifle on the streets of Kenosha in August 2020 and used it to kill two men and wound a third.

But the defense argued that Wisconsin’s statute had an exception that could be read to clear Rittenhouse. That exception involves whether or not a rifle or shotgun is short-barreled.

After prosecutors conceded in court Monday that Rittenhouse’s rifle was not short-barreled, Judge Bruce Schroeder dismissed the charge.
              jfc

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...trial/2684765/
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Alex Jones guilty by default in ALL FOUR Sandy Hook defamation cases, granting a clean sweep for the families
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Apparently the judge and the Prosecution want Kenosha to burn...
                  Judge will be handing Kyle magazines for when he’s empty at the protests

Comment

• Basically riots/protests are now essentially Purge events. There is no way protester/riotor/peacekeepers would ever do anything out of the realm of self defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by sagard View Post
                      Basically riots/protests are now essentially Purge events. There is no way protester/riotor/peacekeepers would ever do anything out of the realm of self defense.
                      That appears to be the case. So, tell your loved ones to stay the hell away from anything resembling such a thing. It's not safe. It will never be safe.

Comment

• Is Binger the best the Sconnies have?

I mean we know Sconnies can't write long-gun laws (barrel length exception leads to dismissed charge), but Binger points an AR into the jury box with his "booger-picker on the bang switch". Not a good look post-"Rust".

Before y'all jump all over me, remember: I'm not in favor of open carry.

The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• https://www.thedailybeast.com/subpoe...t-you-will-die

As the weekend progressed, so did the cryptic messages from the activist who once made a case for why Trump supporters should create their “mega city” in South America.
                          Didn't they try that in the late 40s?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                            Is Binger the best the Sconnies have?

I mean we know Sconnies can't write long-gun laws (barrel length exception leads to dismissed charge), but Binger points an AR into the jury box with his "booger-picker on the bang switch". Not a good look post-"Rust".

Before y'all jump all over me, remember: I'm not in favor of open carry.
                            The barrel length exception has essentially nothing to do with the gun charge. It was never argued by the prosecution, and it was odd that the judge brought it up now and that the judge didn't dismiss the gun charge pretrial if this was his reading of the statute.

The issue is with the way the statute is written. 948.60(2) makes it illegal for someone under the age of 18 to carry a dangerous weapon, the definition of which includes any gun. There are supposed to be three exceptions to this (that make it legal for someone under 18 to carry a gun): target practice/instruction under adult supervision (948.60(3)a), armed forces (948.60(3)b), and what is supposed to be for the purpose of hunting (948.60(3)c). C then has exceptions to the exception (making it illegal even if hunting) if carrying a short barreled weapon or violating other hunting regulations. However, c is so poorly written that it is basically nonsensical, leaving out language cleary tying it to hunting so that the intent is only understood in the context of a and b and the references to hunters safety and regulations. It is quite possibly too vague to enforce, although I don't believe there is any relevant case law.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: What're YOU looking at?

The number of times a poster posts per day is directly correlated with how dissatisfied he is with his relationship.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigus View Post

The barrel length exception has essentially nothing to do with the gun charge. It was never argued by the prosecution, and it was odd that the judge brought it up now and that the judge didn't dismiss the gun charge pretrial if this was his reading of the statute.

The issue is with the way the statute is written. 948.60(2) makes it illegal for someone under the age of 18 to carry a dangerous weapon, the definition of which includes any gun. There are supposed to be three exceptions to this (that make it legal for someone under 18 to carry a gun): target practice/instruction under adult supervision (948.60(3)a), armed forces (948.60(3)b), and what is supposed to be for the purpose of hunting (948.60(3)c). C then has exceptions to the exception (making it illegal even if hunting) if carrying a short barreled weapon or violating other hunting regulations. However, c is so poorly written that it is basically nonsensical, leaving out language cleary tying it to hunting so that the intent is only understood in the context of a and b and the references to hunters safety and regulations. It is quite possibly too vague to enforce, although I don't believe there is any relevant case law.
                              Thank you for that explanation. That adds some context to the news reports, which frankly didn't explain it very well.

I'd really like to hear what the prosecution and defense were thinking regarding this motion. In my opinion, this case could very well be one where the jury decides to convict on one of the lesser charges, sort of as a compromise among the jurors. Maybe they don't accept murder, but will go with manslaughter or something like that. If I were the defense, I might be inclined to leave that gun charge in, since it's only a misdemeanor. A compromise verdict with just a finding of guilt on that misdemeanor would have to feel like a win, I'd think.

I suppose, however, they are required to ask that it be dismissed if they think it doesn't apply, in order to preserve that for appeal, and if the judge grants it, so be it.
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigus View Post
                                ... c is so poorly written that it is basically nonsensical ... It is quite possibly too vague to enforce, ...
                                Put another way ...

... Sconnies can't write long-gun laws ...
                                At least it's not just Binger.

No.
                                Wait.
                                That's not a good thing.
                                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X