Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GQP Thread: I'm even sick of that ****** number and, anyway, he's gone (for now)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    To put it another way, January 6th might have been America's Beer Hall Putsch. Weimar Germany still at least convicted Hitler of treason, but a sympathetic right-wing judge gave him only the minimum sentence of 5 years. He served 8 months at the German equivalent of a Club Fed before he was released for "good behavior".

So, he got to write his ridiculous, hack manifesto of Mediocre White Male grievances during 8 months of what basically amounted to house arrest. A decade later he rode an economic crisis into the Chancellery with promises of jobs and law & order, and 6+ million lives are now a historical statistic.

The failure of the Putsch only taught Hitler that in order to seize power he would have to subvert the Weimar democratic process rather than violently overthrow it like Russia did with their feudal monarchy. Today, following their losses in 2018 and 2020, we see Republicans doing everything they can to do exactly that here in 21st century America. They are making it as difficult as possible for poor people and minorities to vote, brazenly lying about nonexistent large-scale fraud to contest certified results of legitimate elections, having their propaganda media networks openly traffic in bigoted conspiracy theories about a communist/Muslim/Chinese/Mexican takeover, etc. The antivax nonsense is just a test to see how many will go along with them.

Do you see now? If you treat fashies with kid gloves, it comes back to haunt you. The only proper response to these a55holes is either the boot or the bullet - it's all they understand because that's what they fantasize about doing to you and I.
    Along those lines, the Virginia GOP is pledging allegiance using a flag used by the rioters on 1/6.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Worse, they're installing their people, devout Trumper acolytes who were peddling the stolen election lies, into positions that oversee the state elections and electoral processes.

So next time, instead of a Brad Raffensberger telling them to pound sand, or a Michigan electoral board certifying their state's results, you're gonna have people throwing out the electoral results and certifying their chosen candidates as the winners.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
        Worse, they're installing their people, devout Trumper acolytes who were peddling the stolen election lies, into positions that oversee the state elections and electoral processes.

So next time, instead of a Brad Raffensberger telling them to pound sand, or a Michigan electoral board certifying their state's results, you're gonna have people throwing out the electoral results and certifying their chosen candidates as the winners.
        That’s not as worrisome as, say, Kamala Harris laugh. Just ask some men around here

Comment

• Ric flair wooooooo

https://twitter.com/abrahamjoseph/st...371226115?s=21

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            Are they getting married?

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

As if I needed even more reasons to hate BC, Doug Flutie will be there.

Comment

That’s not as worrisome as, say, Kamala Harris laugh. Just ask some men around here
                Well of course.

Comment

To put it another way, January 6th might have been America's Beer Hall Putsch. Weimar Germany still at least convicted Hitler of treason, but a sympathetic right-wing judge gave him only the minimum sentence of 5 years. He served 8 months at the German equivalent of a Club Fed before he was released for "good behavior".

So, he got to write his ridiculous, hack manifesto of Mediocre White Male grievances during 8 months of what basically amounted to house arrest. A decade later he rode an economic crisis into the Chancellery with promises of jobs and law & order, and 6+ million lives are now a historical statistic.

The failure of the Putsch only taught Hitler that in order to seize power he would have to subvert the Weimar democratic process rather than violently overthrow it like Russia did with their feudal monarchy. Today, following their losses in 2018 and 2020, we see Republicans doing everything they can to do exactly that here in 21st century America. They are making it as difficult as possible for poor people and minorities to vote, brazenly lying about nonexistent large-scale fraud to contest certified results of legitimate elections, having their propaganda media networks openly traffic in bigoted conspiracy theories about a communist/Muslim/Chinese/Mexican takeover, etc. The antivax nonsense is just a test to see how many will go along with them.

Do you see now? If you treat fashies with kid gloves, it comes back to haunt you. The only proper response to these a55holes is either the boot or the bullet - it's all they understand because that's what they fantasize about doing to you and I.
                  Bingo.

We made this mistake after the Civil War (especially ending Reconstruction early) and it has caused us problems ever since. If Garland keeps dithering then we are 1-2 Chinese construction companies going bankrupt from repeating the fall of the Weimar Republic...
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• But both siiiides

https://twitter.com/marceelias/statu...101815811?s=21

Comment

Emphasis mine. And this is why my preferred reaction to the insurrection on 1/6 would have been a large scale, violent repulsion of the insurrectionist traitors that day. It IS all they understand and it's what it was needed to put down the budding rebellion. Everyone needs to see we will meet a violent attempt to overthrow our government with the only means traitors to the ideals of this nation understand. Let them try to turn Ashli Babbitt into a martyr. They could have wiped out every single protester that day and I would not have minded it. Those people declared war on MY country every bit as much as the 9-11 hijackers and the people that funded and supported them. If killing violent Muslim fundamentalists halfway around the world is OK, killing those who attempted to stop a presidential election by force and violence right here in our backyard is even more necessary.

This 5h!t is not over. I guarantee that. It is going to happen again because we are going to dither away and slap a few wrists and never speak the real truth to the American people in a way forceful enough for them to understand what is happening. The other side is convincing its adherents that their way is right. Our side is still attempting to negotiate with people who only understand violence. Eventually we are going to either capitulate or we are going to put them down like rabid dogs. Its one or the other.

Comment

• The ****wits lost their battle with McCabe. Andrew McCabe has had his fullpension and benefits restored. Along with the record of his firing being expunged. A legacy of Jeff Sessions and Dump. Garland is still a clown. I would have put up Yates and when they said no I would have recess appointed her just like Dump did. They keep not wanting to fight with these clowns and they keep forgetting the clowns don't care if you're nice to them anyway.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/AllenWest/status...95963542679552

Stick it to Big Pharma! Get hundreds or thousands worth of treatment from them rather than a free vaccine!

KDR

Comment

• Umm, didn't Big Pharma come up with the monoclonal antibody infusion therapy?

Comment

Umm, didn't Big Pharma come up with the monoclonal antibody infusion therapy?
                              No, that was all organic mom and pop farms.

KDR

Comment

Umm, didn't Big Pharma come up with the monoclonal antibody infusion therapy?
                                Don't forget to add that ivermectin is made by a mom and pop place, too. There's no massive profits by a large pharma here... Nor are politicians making money on other therapies because they corruptly push them, too.

None of that can be happening.

Comment

Working...
                                X