Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GQP Thread: I'm even sick of that ****** number and, anyway, he's gone (for now)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

Not even slow. The final three states came down to incredibly close numbers, they needed a few hours to make sure the results were what they were. That's not even worthy of being in the same conversation as never conceding and trying to kill Congress.
    I'll disagree on slowness, but absolutely agree that they aren't in the same universe of being comparable. Like I said, I find Hillary's actions mildly childish and Trump's actions overtly criminal.
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Both Sidsing...
      Oh I see, so because Trump was caught doing the things you were apoplectic about with Clinton now all of a sudden both were BS. Nice dodge...

You threw a hissy fit about Clinton and her server and whether she might have mishandled classified docs. (which was never proven even by Comey...TWICE!) We told you it was not what you think it is but you were adamant about it and to this day have never admitted you might have overreacted. (and only now you blame...the media which again we were saying back then!) Trump used non-secure phones to do official business, everyone in his family and cabinet had private servers just like Hillary's, he handed over classified intel (that he declassified for no reason) to authorities from Russia in the ****ing Oval Office, used his position to make major bank and was openly asking hackers to break the law and invade the privacy of his enemies. (oh and the AG of GA called and he says Trump did more than that) And that is the stuff he did in the friggin open Sic.

AG Garland doesn't have the stones to do the right thing. He is so worried about trying to repair the reputation of the office after the epic ****ing disaster that was Bill Barr he won't do anything that might be deemed political.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

I'll disagree on slowness, but absolutely agree that they aren't in the same universe of being comparable. Like I said, I find Hillary's actions mildly childish and Trump's actions overtly criminal.
        I was still awake when she conceded I believe so it seems to be within the margin of when you would expect it. (I may be wrong I was ****ed that night)

Trump is literally still saying he didn't lose...the only reason he half conceded was because his inner circle was worried about the repercussions if he didn't in the near term (i.e. they walk him out of the Oval in chains...and them with him) and because the very same Republicans who now fellate him were going on Faux News and blaming him.

What he and his enablers (including the Both Sidesers) did has harmed this country in a way I am not sure it can recover from. But Hillary's ****ing emails...

(I was using your post as a jumping off point not arguing with you really)
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I'm really really disinterested in litigating something that transpired almost 5 years ago and - even in the worst imaginable light - was nothing more than a minor blip.

I agree with pretty much anything posted on the criminality of Trump's behavior, as well as his sycophants.

Comment

• Speaking of Garland there was some scuttle on the News yesterday about him being afraid that violence will erupt in the country if he treats the people who brought on Jan 6th with anything but kid gloves. It's embarrassing that we put people in jail for pot for longer than people who invaded the Capital in hopes of overthrowing the government.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
              I'm really really disinterested in litigating something that transpired almost 5 years ago and - even in the worst imaginable light - was nothing more than a minor blip.

I agree with pretty much anything posted on the criminality of Trump's behavior, as well as his sycophants.
              That was why I put my qualifier in...didn't want it to see like I was fighting you just mentioning what I remember of that awful night.

Scoob,

Then he should ****ing resign. He is a ****ing judge he knows better than that. All he is doing is kicking the can because you are setting precedent that such actions aren't going to garner any sort of punishment. He is the right man in the wrong job at the waaaaaaaay wrong time.

The ultimate proof of it will be when he dithers and refuses to charge Bannon after they find him in Contempt of Congress. Next stop...Coup 2: Electric Boogaloo!
              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Long-game perspective:

The DOJ sees the threat as real and is tip-toeing around because they don't want to give the opposition a Martyr to serve as an inspiration point. Thats their perspective I believe. Right now there isn't a ton of harm once they have embarassed the clown with the Raccoon hat.

But by putting a needle in his arm, you create an ignition point for a violent revolution attempt (in the same sense that George Floyd ignited violence from the left). It's just at this point the Right will be all in and basically at the same point Japan was in during late-1944.
                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Honestly, I don't care. If the Meal Team Six battle cry becomes, "Let's win this for inbred cousin Cleetus!" and they think they can take on real US special forces, let them have at it. I give the smartest ones a few weeks maximum of crawling around in the boonies going pew-pew at squirrels and eating freeze-dried stroganoff (or whatever Mountain House colon plugger those preppers stock up on), until they surrender for a double cheeseburger.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Honestly, I don't care. If the Meal Team Six battle cry becomes, "Let's win this for inbred cousin Cleetus!" and they think they can take on real US special forces, let them have at it. I give the smartest ones a few weeks maximum of crawling around in the boonies going pew-pew at squirrels and eating freeze-dried stroganoff (or whatever Mountain House colon plugger those preppers stock up on), until they surrender for a double cheeseburger.
                    Again, long game here, but what if the martyr gets legit former military involved... Guys that have a screw or two lose, but in the field are sharp as a knife. We know those people exist, but are laying low currently... You don't want your actions to awaken them. That is what worries me and why I am willing to offer a current pass on the walking on eggshells bit.
                    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

Again, long game here, but what if the martyr gets legit former military involved... Guys that have a screw or two lose, but in the field are sharp as a knife. We know those people exist, but are laying low currently... You don't want your actions to awaken them. That is what worries me and why I am willing to offer a current pass on the walking on eggshells bit.
                      Add to that the current military that would turn traitor. It wouldn't be quite so cut and dry.

Comment

Long-game perspective:

The DOJ sees the threat as real and is tip-toeing around because they don't want to give the opposition a Martyr to serve as an inspiration point. Thats their perspective I believe. Right now there isn't a ton of harm once they have embarassed the clown with the Raccoon hat.

But by putting a needle in his arm, you create an ignition point for a violent revolution attempt (in the same sense that George Floyd ignited violence from the left). It's just at this point the Right will be all in and basically at the same point Japan was in during late-1944.
                        BS. Negotiating with terrorists is always the wrong move. Appeasement (deliberately LOSING the negotiations) is 1000x worse.

Lock them up and throw away the key. Then do the same who terrorize in their names, and the ones who terrorize in those guys names.
                        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Long-game perspective:

So give them a slap on the wrist? The long game for that is they will do it again.

Sorry but that dog won't hunt.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

...in the same sense that George Floyd ignited violence from the left...
                            This part of your post is all sorts of incorrect. The murder of George Floyd ignited protests from the left (and even some of the center joined in). It did not ignite violence.

The violence that was evident in these protests was almost entirely ignited by the police overreacting and in some cases flat out attacking protesters, reporters, and in some cases people who were just standing on their porches watching what was unfolding. Or it was ignited by the likes of people like Kyle Rittenhouse, the tubby teenage militia wannabe who decided he could fire a high-powered semi auto rifle at people because minutes earlier cops just waved at him as he walked by them carrying (illegally) that rifle.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

This part of your post is all sorts of incorrect. The murder of George Floyd ignited protests from the left (and even some of the center joined in). It did not ignite violence.

The violence that was evident in these protests was almost entirely ignited by the police overreacting and in some cases flat out attacking protesters, reporters, and in some cases people who were just standing on their porches watching what was unfolding. Or it was ignited by the likes of people like Kyle Rittenhouse, the tubby teenage militia wannabe who decided he could fire a high-powered semi auto rifle at people because minutes earlier cops just waved at him as he walked by them carrying (illegally) that rifle.
                              That needs to be repeated, but I'm here early. So hopefully someone will comment in 5 or 6 new posts so that it goes to the next page.

Cops were very angry that people were protesting THEM, and they reacted violently to angry people. This has happened many times- in previous cop shooting protests, the cops brought out the riot gear (including armed vehicles) when there was no real threat of violence.

And we very much saw that some of the violence came from the right. I'm also curious about some of the violence in Portland- who really were they? I can't see them being BLM protests.

But the clear indication that WANDH is spot in was the reaction in DC, when everything was armed to the teeth when BLM protested, including when the moron demanded that he get a BS photo op in a place he's never, ever been- a church. Then compare that to the total lack of response of a pretty expected violent reaction on Jan 6. If anyone thought that the Jan 6 tourist were going to be peaceful, they had their heads up their rear end so far they need a glass belly button. The real stark comparison of WHO is violent is just look at BLM's protest and who started the violence in DC and compare that to Jan 6.

The left didn't step up the protests to be violent, the right stepped up the violence because they thought black people didn't deserve to be heard.

Classic Racist party work.

Comment

• To put it another way, January 6th might have been America's Beer Hall Putsch. Weimar Germany still at least convicted Hitler of treason, but a sympathetic right-wing judge gave him only the minimum sentence of 5 years. He served 8 months at the German equivalent of a Club Fed before he was released for "good behavior".

So, he got to write his ridiculous, hack manifesto of Mediocre White Male grievances during 8 months of what basically amounted to house arrest. A decade later he rode an economic crisis into the Chancellery with promises of jobs and law & order, and 6+ million lives are now a historical statistic.

The failure of the Putsch only taught Hitler that in order to seize power he would have to subvert the Weimar democratic process rather than violently overthrow it like Russia did with their feudal monarchy. Today, following their losses in 2018 and 2020, we see Republicans doing everything they can to do exactly that here in 21st century America. They are making it as difficult as possible for poor people and minorities to vote, brazenly lying about nonexistent large-scale fraud to contest certified results of legitimate elections, having their propaganda media networks openly traffic in bigoted conspiracy theories about a communist/Muslim/Chinese/Mexican takeover, etc. The antivax nonsense is just a test to see how many will go along with them.

Do you see now? If you treat fashies with kid gloves, it comes back to haunt you. The only proper response to these a55holes is either the boot or the bullet - it's all they understand because that's what they fantasize about doing to you and I.

Comment

Working...
                                X