Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GQP Thread: I'm even sick of that ****** number and, anyway, he's gone (for now)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

The Russian funded GOP is essentially the right wing dictators we put in charge of Central and South American countries.
    Very similar. The Trump Administration was the quintessential Banana Republic.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

The Russian funded GOP is essentially the right wing dictators we put in charge of Central and South American countries.
      At least Pinochet and Batista were competent.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

The GOP is a (probably Russian-financed) criminal conspiracy to subvert democracy.

Put them all in jail, ban the party like Germany did the Nazis, split the Democrats into the Handies and the Keplers and keep the two party system.

Occupy the red states with federal troops and do Reconstruction right this time.
        So you want the "New Liberals" and "The Commies"? ;^)

The Centrists would hate my agenda that is for damned sure!
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
          I really hate how we keep getting proven correctly despite the "clutching of pearls" our resident conservatives claimed at the time.
          When Trump was elected I told my dad and GF this is what would happen from the Supreme Court to him doing something Impeachable to him abusing his power at every turn to him never accepting a loss and damned near splitting the USA in half. I was called every name in the book from cynical to paranoid not unlike our friends around here said about all of us...they don't say much about it anymore though and in the case of my gf she is actually more cynical than me now!

The peak was prior to 1/6. My father had stopped caring at that point so he knew very little about The Big Lie or how it was playing out. I explained it every time one of the stupid cases blew up in Trump's face and my Dad kept asking what was the point of it all? (he still asks that about the stupid recounts because they change nothing) I explained how they wanted to de-certify, push for a BS investigation and then let the House decide because the House while having a Dem Majority had less Dem states so the House would flip the vote. He refused to believe it would happen even when Senators said they would challenge. When the crap in Michigan was happening where they wouldn't certify the Black areas but would the White areas he got a bit wary but assumed we didn't have the whole story. 1/6 scared the hell out of him. He still believes in the end things will work out though...unless the Court overturns Roe. To him that is the harbinger because if that goes no rights are safe anymore and no line won't be crossed.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

It took a World War for Germany to get rid of theirs.
            Not quite

Comment

Killing his own voters to win the next election. Bold strategy, Cotton.
              If he can suppress enough votes from the right demographics, he doesn't have to worry about a few thousand more deaths.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Pence is such a *****.
                Always projection with conservatives; they're the real cucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  I always chuckle when Kep does his “In Europe” routine.

He’s either ignorant or oblivious to basically anything happening in Europe in the last ten years.
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

As someone who has lived in Germany…hooboy it’s not hard to find there

Comment

• Yeah Kep kind of acts like 5mn Major used to pretending Europe is some weird non-racist Utopia. Meanwhile Jews have the hairs on the back of their neck standing up!

The only difference between The Old World and The New World is they are taxed more.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://***********/washingtonpost/s...07949192237056

Top general was so fearful Trump might spark war with China that he made secret calls to his counterpart in Beijing, new book says
                        No joke, Rubio wants him to resign over this.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

As someone who has lived in Germany…hooboy it’s not hard to find there
                          I've read AfD and the new far-right is biggest in the dying coal mining and steelmaking cities of the east (Dresden, Cottbus, Chemnitz). People who lost their phoney baloney GDR jobs 30 years ago and had no real marketable skills for capitalism, then watched their kids leave for better educational and economic opportunity in the western states, and then even the factories and foundries that successfully modernized and privatized started to close, and so these industrial cities are dying, and gosh this sounds so d@mn familiar and I don't know why!

Comment

I've read AfD and the new far-right is biggest in the dying coal mining and steelmaking cities of the east (Dresden, Cottbus, Chemnitz). People who lost their phoney baloney GDR jobs 30 years ago and had no real marketable skills for capitalism, then watched their kids leave for better educational and economic opportunity in the western states, and then even the factories and foundries that successfully modernized and privatized started to close, and so these industrial cities are dying, and gosh this sounds so d@mn familiar and I don't know why!
                            Heck you can find it in east Berlin

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              Heck you can find it in east Berlin
                              Mauer im Kopf is still a real thing.

Granted, the SED still lives on in Die Linke too.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                I always chuckle when Kep does his “In Europe” routine.

He's either ignorant or oblivious to basically anything happening in Europe in the last ten years.
                                One thing I love about social media: on reddit I get flamed for pointing out the rise of the far right in Europe (I'm a quarter Slovak and I follow their politics so, yeah, I'm aware) then I come here and get flamed for apparently being a starry-eyed Europhile.

Maybe both you groups are just reading your own issues onto me, eh? :-)
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X