Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GQP Thread: I'm even sick of that ****** number and, anyway, he's gone (for now)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

No. He told the truth about the morons and that's bad mojo when you need the morons to wuv you.
    It seems that the Lyons College Faculty unanimously disagree
    "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
    Groucho Marx
    "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
    Ron White
    "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
    Milo Bloom

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
      So, McCarthy says it’s a “violation of federal law” for congress to subpoena phone records, and if any phone companies comply with a subpoena he will put them out of business. It’s obviously a lie stemming from fear but my question is, is Kevin stupid or evil? Both? This apparent confusion is not doing him any good.
      He is stupid and evil, but he also knows no one is going to push back against him. Not anyone with authority anyways...
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1432866784432979969

Openly threatening businesses makes you look totally innocent.

If only the FBI could find her...
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
          So, McCarthy says it’s a “violation of federal law” for congress to subpoena phone records, and if any phone companies comply with a subpoena he will put them out of business. It’s obviously a lie stemming from fear but my question is, is Kevin stupid or evil? Both? This apparent confusion is not doing him any good.
          We have sooooooooooo many stupid people in this country. The numbers are staggering. It's beyond belief at this point.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1432866784432979969

Openly threatening businesses makes you look totally innocent.

If only the FBI could find her...
            The fact that they're openly sh*tting themselves over their stupid phone records makes you wonder what other evidence there is.

Comment

• Republicans didn’t seem to mind when they secretly obtained phone records of journalists who didn’t suck off their orange master

Comment

• Ok this is a good laugh. I don’t know where else to put it

https://twitter.com/katzonearth/stat...885254661?s=21

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

We have sooooooooooo many stupid people in this country. The numbers are staggering. It's beyond belief at this point.
                  Did you go to high school? It is not "beyond belief."

It is a miracle that a third of our fellow human beings get through the day without sticking their tongues in a socket. That end of the bell curve is like an entirely different species. And now, because of the wonders of technology or some other aspect of The Modern Moment, they have all aligned politically like magnetized filings, and they control the Right and anything the GOP touches.

It's equal parts terrifying and sad. The only way to get past this is to break them up -- create a political environment in which they cancel themselves out. We need our side to adopt some utterly symbolic asinine position that the GOP can't follow, to bleed off enough of these yokels that they start working against each other dynamically. This will actually free the GOP too and they can go back to what God intended: a scam for the rich to evade their responsibilities. Now that's healthy.

I would say the obvious choice is to champion some kind of really stupid economic populism which in practice actually does nothing. Maybe protectionism, that's always fun.

Last edited by Kepler; 09-01-2021, 10:05 AM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    Republicans didn’t seem to mind when they secretly obtained phone records of journalists who didn’t suck off their orange master
                    Or subpoenaing the records for Hillary's server...
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Did you go to high school? It is not "beyond belief."

It is a miracle that a third of our fellow human beings get through the day without sticking their tongues in a socket. That end of the bell curve is like an entirely different species. And now, because of the wonders of technology or some other aspect of The Modern Moment, they have all aligned politically like magnetized filings, and they control the Right and anything the GOP touches.

It's equal parts terrifying and sad. The only way to get past this is to break them up -- create a political environment in which they cancel themselves out. We need our side to adopt some utterly symbolic asinine position that the GOP can't follow, to bleed off enough of these yokels that they start working against each other dynamically. This will actually free the GOP too and they can go back to what God intended: a scam for the rich to evade their responsibilities. Now that's healthy.

I would say the obvious choice is to champion some kind of really stupid economic populism which in practice actually does nothing. Maybe protectionism, that's always fun.
                      It is beyond belief for me. I was so ****ing naive in High School I didn't notice.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Sen. Ron Johnson this week was seen on video conceding that Trump lost Wisconsin. Johnson was recorded on video saying that Trump lost the state because "51,000 Republicans didn't vote for him."

https://www.businessinsider.nl/sen-r...-vote-for-him/
                        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

It is beyond belief for me. I was so ****ing naive in High School I didn't notice.
                          I can't imagine that. My primary takeaways from High School were: (1) girls are fun, and (2) a lot of people are unfathomably stupid.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I can't imagine that. My primary takeaways from High School were: (1) girls are fun, and (2) a lot of people are unfathomably stupid.
                            My primary takeaways in hindsight are that I really didn't accomplish a ****ing thing the 4 years I was there.

Comment

My primary takeaways in hindsight are that I really didn't accomplish a ****ing thing the 4 years I was there.
                              "Seven years of college down the drain."

Remember the workflow:
                              • In middle school you learn how to drink.
                              • In high school you learn how to ****.
                              • In undergrad you learn how to think.
                              • In grad school you completely unlearn everything from undergrad and really learn how to think.
                              Cornell University

Comment

"Seven years of college down the drain."
                                Those 7 years were worthwhile but they came later in life.

Comment

Working...
                                X