Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GQP Thread: I'm even sick of that ****** number and, anyway, he's gone (for now)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://***********/atrupar/status/1419081793861525507

Trump threatens that if Republicans don't amplify his (false) claims about election fraud, Republican voters won't want to vote for Republican candidates in future elections
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• So my mother in law's neighbors have gone full batshiat Trumper. Like they still had the Trump Pence 2020 sign up 7 months later, which was weird enough.

But in the last week they've put up a half dozen or more flags ranging from the "thin blue line" and "don't tread on me" to the "**** your feelings" flag, which is extra classy since there's an elementary school a half block down the road.

MIL and my wife want to get a single understated sign for her yard now. They're leaning towards the one below, but we're open to other suggestions anyone has.

Comment

• Trump told Americans to boo the us Olympic team lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          Trump told Americans to boo the us Olympic team lol
          Well, there never was a Summer Olympics while he was President and Biden will get two of 'em....
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Kinzinger is now on the 1/6 Commission.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
              So my mother in law's neighbors have gone full batshiat Trumper. Like they still had the Trump Pence 2020 sign up 7 months later, which was weird enough.
              So does one of my next door neighbors. And three doors down has "Don't Believe the Liberal Media!" in their window, with a sign for Avon on the front lawn (because of course they are in a pyramid scheme).

Dumpies are fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

So does one of my next door neighbors. And three doors down has "Don't Believe the Liberal Media!" in their window, with a sign for Avon on the front lawn (because of course they are in a pyramid scheme).

Dumpies are fun.
                can't forget our DeVoss family scheme. MLM's are the wonder of the greedy.

Comment

• At least Jim Jones killed his followers relatively quickly...this slow motion death cult is painful to watch.
                  Last edited by Handyman; 07-25-2021, 06:45 PM. Reason: Because my phone hates me
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    At least Jim Jones killed his lifetime relatively quickly...this slow motion death cult is painful to watch.
                    Painful to watch the people to struggle to keep them alive. Seeing multiple reports about nurse burn out, this may put healthcare in red states back into the dark ages.

Comment

So my mother in law's neighbors have gone full batshiat Trumper. Like they still had the Trump Pence 2020 sign up 7 months later, which was weird enough.

But in the last week they've put up a half dozen or more flags ranging from the "thin blue line" and "don't tread on me" to the "**** your feelings" flag, which is extra classy since there's an elementary school a half block down the road.

MIL and my wife want to get a single understated sign for her yard now. They're leaning towards the one below, but we're open to other suggestions anyone has.

I wonder if there is a "customizable" version of that sign where you can select the 5 non-English phrases. Like in my area, Spanish, Polish, and Russian would play very well I think. The Aribic stays just because LULz at the Dumpy freakout...
                      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

I like it. It would be nice if they could include both hate and fear.

Comment

• I don't know where to put this, so here it is.

My daughter has a cat, Freyja, who wears a cone and has for some time. Despite the cone, she still cleans regularly, licking the inside of the cone like it's her paw or other body part. Utterly pointless but either doesn't get it or just can't overcome her natural urges. Or maybe she figures, "**** it; I did what I'm supposed to do."

Like so much of what we do.
                          Last edited by burd; 07-25-2021, 06:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                            I don't know where to put this, so here it is.

My daughter has a cat, Freyja, who wears a cone and has for some time. Despite the cone, she still cleans regularly, licking the inside of the cone like it's her paw or other body part. Utterly pointless but either doesn't get it or just can't overcome her natural urges. Or maybe she figures, "**** it; I did what I'm supposed to do."

Like so much of what we do.
                            I love cats and respect them far more than humans. Their frontal lobes are 3% of their brain (ours are 25%); they literally don't have ideas, only perceptions and instincts. They are spectacular sensor processors but they have no capacity to form conjectures or hypotheses. There is nothing to "get" for them. They aren't making plans, they're just being.

It looks fantastic.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I love cats and respect them far more than humans. Their frontal lobes are 3% of their brain (ours are 25%); they literally don't have ideas, only perceptions and instincts. They are spectacular sensor processors but they have no capacity to form conjectures or hypotheses. There is nothing to "get" for them. They aren't making plans, they're just being.

It looks fantastic.
                              They aren't making plans? Tell that to my cat who can literally open doors (she'll jump and pull on the handle, and at one point knew she had turn a deadbolt to get outside but didn't have the opposable thumb to actually do it). She used to open the door to the garage to let the other cat out and then walk away preening knowing he couldn't get back in without our help.
                              Last edited by unofan; 07-25-2021, 10:54 PM.

Comment

They aren't making plans? Tell that to my cat who can literally open doors (she'll jump and pull on the handle, and at one point knew she had turn a deadbolt to get outside but didn't have the opposable thumb to actually do it). She used to open the door to the garage to let the other cat out and then walk away preening knowing he couldn't get back in without our help.
                                Everything a cat does that appears to be leveraging causality is us anthropomorphizing. Cats live in HumeWorld. There are no natural laws to plan around and there's no planning. There is instinct, which carries a ton of freight, and there is hunt and peck.

Reward-reinforced behavior isn't "thinking." You can do the same thing with machines that have outcome-weighted learning. Skinnerian behaviorism is just about math, not reason.

I love cats. Cats do not form ideas. They don't have the software.
                                Last edited by Kepler; 07-26-2021, 09:09 AM.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X