Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GQP Thread: I'm even sick of that ****** number and, anyway, he's gone (for now)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post

Tommy Chong tweeted that he got 9 months for selling bongs.
    Exactly. This is ****ing bs.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Well according to the lawyers I follow (some of them anyways) the sentences are not shocking because they plead guilty and in the case of Hodgkins he wasn't being accused of anything violent.

The truth is the DOJ took it light on a lot of these charges (I don't think anyone has been charged under terrorism statutes)which is part of the reason I wish Garland wasn't the AG. He is not the right guy for the moment and he is proving it almost daily. They aren't even charging Wilbur Ross for lying to Congress...Garland is too much a part of the system he is supposed to be trying to fix. He may be a good judge and that is probably where he should have stayed.

Meanwhile a man in Texas who voted before his parole was up (he didn't know it hadn't lapsed yet) is facing years in prison. Guess his skin tone...
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Maybe you can help, because I'm out of ideas.

Today at work, I saw a customer with a shirt with a picture of that couple from Missouri who didn't know how to handle a gun with the caption "Get Off My Lawn."

Not sure if that's ironic or genuine.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• I doubt it was ironic...more like pathetic.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            I doubt it was ironic...more like pathetic.
            Agree.

Comment

• You might want to check the Wilbur Ross story. Apparently there's a very serious question about which admin's DOJ declined to investigate.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                You might want to check the Wilbur Ross story. Apparently there's a very serious question about which admin's DOJ declined to investigate.
                It was Trump’s DOJ, but from what I read, Garland’s can choose to prosecute, so there’s still time.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                  Maybe you can help, because I'm out of ideas.

Today at work, I saw a customer with a shirt with a picture of that couple from Missouri who didn't know how to handle a gun with the caption "Get Off My Lawn."

Not sure if that's ironic or genuine.
                  Dead serious. One of them is running for office.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Well according to the lawyers I follow (some of them anyways) the sentences are not shocking because they plead guilty and in the case of Hodgkins he wasn't being accused of anything violent.

The truth is the DOJ took it light on a lot of these charges (I don't think anyone has been charged under terrorism statutes)which is part of the reason I wish Garland wasn't the AG. He is not the right guy for the moment and he is proving it almost daily. They aren't even charging Wilbur Ross for lying to Congress...Garland is too much a part of the system he is supposed to be trying to fix. He may be a good judge and that is probably where he should have stayed.

Meanwhile a man in Texas who voted before his parole was up (he didn't know it hadn't lapsed yet) is facing years in prison. Guess his skin tone...
                    Correction, the decision not to charge Ross was made during the previous administration.

I think some of these early charges are relatively light because the people are either straight-pleading guilty and/or they are absolute drooling simpletons who got caught up in the frenzy, walked in, walked around, gawked a bit and then left. If you broke anything, or hit cops, or had a weapon on you, or planned, or anything at all, I want the book thrown at you. But there were likely dozens of idiots that just got caught up in the insanity (after years of brain-melting media garbage) that don't necessarily need to spend years in prison.

Plus, if I'm facing some moderate-to-serious charges and I see someone plead guilty and got 8 months, I'm probably more likely to work out a plea and offer up a bigger head to prosecutors. If everyone is getting max penalties, I'll take my chances with a jury.

This doesn't excuse the horrible racial disparities in any way.
                    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• I have no words

https://mobile.twitter.com/SanhoTree...45330578714625

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        It's a mental illness.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Jesus. This is gutting.
                          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

omfg. We need a Manhatten Project for Mental Illness in this country. Seriously.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/JoshuaHol/status...55603591028739

https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/...057290752?s=20
                              @Deadspin ? Jul 20
                              Naomi Osaka lights up Megyn Kelly, follows with Twitter block heard around the world http://dlvr.it/S457db

Comment

• I dont think that poll says what a lot of people think it does...
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X