Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GQP Thread: I'm even sick of that ****** number and, anyway, he's gone (for now)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bronco View Post

"“So Mark Milley reads Mao to understand Maoism and he reads communists to understand communism, but it’s interesting that he doesn’t read white supremacists to understand white supremacy,” Carlson continued.”

Why would he need to read it when he can just flip Fox on the television?
    There's a flaw with that theory- white supremacists need to be able to read before they can write.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Well the problem is you don't have to read it on Right Wing stuff because Mainstream Press legitimizes it by broadcasting it to the masses.
      It's still easy to spot and read around. Besides, we ourselves can't resist repeating it to each other, if only to say how dumb it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

It's still easy to spot and read around. Besides, we ourselves can't resist repeating it to each other, if only to say how dumb it is.
        Oh we are definitely part of the problem...
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://twitter.com/jonkarl/status/1...525984261?s=19
          "It was all bull****."

That's what Bill Barr told me he thought of Trump's claims of election in an astonishingly candid interview for my upcoming book on the final days of the Trump Presidency - one of many on-the-record interviews for my book.

[QUOTE]

Read the follow up tweet it's interesting and shows how spineless the GQP is.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Tucker is losing his GD mind. He's getting angrier and angrier. More and more unhinged.

I've just got a bad feeling about this.
            He's not losing his mind. He's coldly calculating.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Tucker, Candace, Ben, etc.

I say this as a behavior therapist.

Four functions of behavior are to escape a task, gain attention, gain access to a tangible item, and self-stimulate (think pen-clicking and playing with one's own hair, not whatever your dirty mind was thinking of). Tucker says outrageous **** to gain attention, media reports on his outrageous message and message is distributed through society, and Tucker's need for attention is satisfied. Tucker will keep doing this as long as his need for attention is satisfied.

In behavior therapy, what clinics I worked in use extinction plans. To get Tucker to stop saying outrageous ****, in an extinction plan, everyone in the office basically stops paying attention to him when he seeks it inappropriately. There would be a burst of inappropriate attention seeking for a little while, but the idea is once everyone stops reinforcing him, he gets the hint and stops. However, and we've seen this with Dump and more, extinction plans do not work if everyone isn't in on it. If one person keeps giving him what he wants, he'll keep doing it.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Also, he gets paid big money to say the **** he says. The more outlandish and offensive, the more money.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                  Tucker, Candace, Ben, etc.

I say this as a behavior therapist.

Four functions of behavior are to escape a task, gain attention, gain access to a tangible item, and self-stimulate (think pen-clicking and playing with one's own hair, not whatever your dirty mind was thinking of). Tucker says outrageous **** to gain attention, media reports on his outrageous message and message is distributed through society, and Tucker's need for attention is satisfied. Tucker will keep doing this as long as his need for attention is satisfied.

In behavior therapy, what clinics I worked in use extinction plans. To get Tucker to stop saying outrageous ****, in an extinction plan, everyone in the office basically stops paying attention to him when he seeks it inappropriately. There would be a burst of inappropriate attention seeking for a little while, but the idea is once everyone stops reinforcing him, he gets the hint and stops. However, and we've seen this with Dump and more, extinction plans do not work if everyone isn't in on it. If one person keeps giving him what he wants, he'll keep doing it.
                  The ignore feature.

Comment

• Toyota eh?

https://mobile.twitter.com/KFILE/sta...97555448643589

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      This was disappointing as I'm a huge Toyota fan and fully intend(ed) to buy a new one next year.
                      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Tucker is losing his GD mind. He's getting angrier and angrier. More and more unhinged.

I've just got a bad feeling about this.
                        I don’t think Tucker had lost his mind; I think he’s just morally corrupt and willing to say whatever he knows his audience will eat up and make him more loved by them.

A number of print journalists have started outting him as their source for the messed up back room shenanigans and directions the on-air hosts are receiving from their bosses. Assuming these reports are right, he’s been calling I everything happening at Fox News absolutely absurd. But there he is on the TV parroting the absurd, showing his complete abdication of a moral ethos.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Television is all about ratings. And it's self-stimulating (however you choose to envision it).

It goes something like this:

Did you see what TalkingHead on ThatNetwork said? Roll tape.

and the next night

Did you see what OtherTalkingHead on ThatOtherNetwork said I said? Roll tape.

and the next night

Did you see what TalkingHead on ThatNetwork said I said I said? Roll tape.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

I swear I see as much Fox banner crawl watching CNN as I do CNN crawl watching Fox (because all they do is < bleep > about the other).
                          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Your insight is amazing. Astonishing, even.

You figure that out all by yourself?

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

I don’t think Tucker had lost his mind; I think he’s just morally corrupt and willing to say whatever he knows his audience will eat up and make him more loved by them.

A number of print journalists have started outting him as their source for the messed up back room shenanigans and directions the on-air hosts are receiving from their bosses. Assuming these reports are right, he’s been calling I everything happening at Fox News absolutely absurd. But there he is on the TV parroting the absurd, showing his complete abdication of a moral ethos.
                              Yeah Tucker is just an opportunistic nazi weasel. As you said he has been outted as a source on some of the very stories he *****es about on his show.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• He's also hiding behind the "these aren't facts, don't believe me!" nonsense:
                                https://www.npr.org/2020/09/29/91774...ay-fox-s-lawye

Now comes the claim that you can't expect to literally believe the words that come out of Carlson's mouth. And that assertion is not coming from Carlson's critics. It's being made by a federal judge in the Southern District of New York and by Fox News's own lawyers in defending Carlson against accusations of slander. It worked, by the way.

Just read U.S. District Judge Mary Kay Vyskocil's opinion, leaning heavily on the arguments of Fox's lawyers: The "'general tenor' of the show should then inform a viewer that [Carlson] is not 'stating actual facts' about the topics he discusses and is instead engaging in 'exaggeration' and 'non-literal commentary.' "

She wrote: "Fox persuasively argues, that given Mr. Carlson's reputation, any reasonable viewer 'arrive[s] with an appropriate amount of skepticism' about the statement he makes."

Vyskocil, an appointee of President Trump's, added, "Whether the Court frames Mr. Carlson's statements as 'exaggeration,' 'non-literal commentary,' or simply bloviating for his audience, the conclusion remains the same — the statements are not actionable."

This was his defense in a slander lawsuit that they won, but at the cost of "you can't actually believe the nonsense I spew".
                                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Working...
                                X