Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GQP Thread: I'm even sick of that ****** number and, anyway, he's gone (for now)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I'm beginning to think Kepler is very right

https://***********/yappelbaum/statu...631095809?s=21

jfc
    That gentle hum you hear is Tom Clancy's body continuing to spin in it's grave because he had books declined from his publisher for being less outlandish...
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

That gentle hum you hear is Tom Clancy's body continuing to spin in it's grave because he had books declined from his publisher for being less outlandish...
      All while softly whispering “I wish they had done it…”

(Clancy was a right wing ****tard)
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• We ain't seen nothin' yet. Wait until the 2024 presidential election after the republicans have retaken the House and Senate and refuse to certify the election of Harris (or re-election of Biden). Mark December 10 and 16, 2024 and January 6, 2025 on your calendars. Sometime between those dates is when the United States of America will unofficially die. They tried to kill it on January 6th 2021. They'll barely have to lift a finger the next time around.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
          We ain't seen nothin' yet. Wait until the 2024 presidential election after the republicans have retaken the House and Senate and refuse to certify the election of Harris (or re-election of Biden). Mark December 10 and 16, 2024 and January 6, 2025 on your calendars. Sometime between those dates is when the United States of America will unofficially die. They tried to kill it on January 6th 2021. They'll barely have to lift a finger the next time around.
          Yup. And the speed in which they're setting it up is going to be a whole side discussion in those history books.

What any sane person would do: Investigate claim of voter "fraud" -> nationalize standards for state level voting machines and data -> verify data -> problem solved.

What the GQP do: "Investigate" claims of voter fraud -> hand state power to GQP officials instead of who was actually elected to do those duties -> effortlessly become authoritarian.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• The Republicans have stopped accepting election results they don't like, and they have whipped their supporters into hysteria to do the same. Their leaders are like Putin, or any African dictatorship -- probably the rule in most countries that have claimed to be "democracies" in history. Do you think Sic or Hovey will take to the streets to defend democracy? Of course not. They will have excuses. They will avert their eyes.

This has happened in almost every nation on the planet. China has "elections." So does Iran. So did the USSR.

Americans are no exception. It is happening here. So what are we going to do? If they get the reins of the government again, by whatever means, legitimate or not, and end democracy, there are three choices:
            • Surrender
            • Flee
            • Revolt

And what in our fat, safe, comfortable lives has prepared us to revolt? Not be keyboard warriors or marchers or write-sternly-worded-op-eds but actually bleed and die? And make others bleed and die?

The worst part is the decent people on the right -- the Hoveys at least, if not the Sics -- could end this in a second with even the slightest show of courage and decency. They are the people who can save democracy without firing a shot.
            Last edited by Kepler; 06-26-2021, 09:26 AM.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

The worst part is the decent people on the right -- the Hoveys at least, if not the Sics -- could end this in a second with even the slightest show of courage and decency. They could be the only people who can save democracy without firing a shot.

Perhaps 5-10% of the federally elected republicans are willing to publicly speak the truth. Maybe if it reached 50%, republicans could be the driver of the movement that saves the sort of democracy this country is. But we won't be anywhere near there in 2024-25. In fact we are likely to be further away. There is no saving this country without horrible violence. It is because one side understands only violence. If you try to steal my vote or a legitimate electoral outcome, I will arm myself and fight you to the death to prevent it. I was absolutely prepared to do it in Wisconsin in 2020. The republicans in this country didn't even need there to be an actual threat to the legitimacy of the elections to commit acts of violence and destruction. Which side do you think is better prepared? I got news for you if you think it is the good guys. It ain't.
              Last edited by WeAreNDHockey; 06-26-2021, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Perhaps 5-10% of the federally elected republicans are willing to publicly speak the truth.
                Source?

Comment

• Castrate, kill, remove voting rights.

just a natural reaction to all that proven republican biter fraud eh

https://mobile.***********/StevenTDe...91333003796488

Comment

Perhaps 5-10% of the federally elected republicans are willing to publicly speak the truth. Maybe if it reached 50%, republicans could be the driver of the movement that saves the sort of democracy this country is. But we won't be anywhere near there in 2024-25. In fact we are likely to be further away. There is no saving this country without horrible violence. It is because one side understands only violence. If you try to steal my vote or a legitimate electoral outcome, I will arm myself and fight you to the death to prevent it. I was absolutely prepared to do it in Wisconsin in 2020. The republicans in this country didn't even need there to be an actual threat to the legitimacy of the elections to commit acts of violence and destruction. Which side do you think is better prepared? I got news for you if you think it is the good guys. It ain't.
                    "Stop being hysterical!"

-Hovey

Comment

• Meanwhile McCarthy met with Officer Fanone and still won't tell his caucus in public (said he would discuss it privately) to stop telling lies about 1/6.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://***********/MuellerSheWrote/...53946087415809

The woman who got probation for the Insurrection (that some around here thought was an ok sentence) went on Laura Ingraham's show on Faux. She sure learned her lesson...
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://***********/thehill/status/1408871957618216962

Tucker Carlson calls Joint Chiefs chairman a "pig" and "stupid"
                          Conservatives sure do support the troops...

Oh and there is rumors Qevin McQarthy might put MTG on the 1/6 Select Committee...

edit: It seems Qucumbers aren't allowed at the Trump rally today.
                          Last edited by Handyman; 06-26-2021, 02:53 PM.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://***********/patriottakes/sta...97698807844869

Totally normal...

(Sidney Powell saying the election can be overturned by recalling the Electors...which isn't a thing)
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              Castrate, kill, remove voting rights.

just a natural reaction to all that proven republican biter fraud eh

https://mobile.***********/StevenTDe...91333003796488
                              The ranks of law enforcement are full of people like Cody Griggers. Police departments in every corner of the country becoming full on right-wing radical paradises. Someday some of you doubters are going to realize just how deeply entrenched white supremacy is in law enforcement. So much so that unless I'm witness to a situation of overwhelming violence I would never call the police on a person of color. A minor crime or just an emotional meltdown may lead to a death sentence and I refuse to participate.

Comment

• I think my favorite part of the impending GQP dictatorship will be the forced abortions when the wrong people get pregnant. Can't wait to see the evangelical spin...
                                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                                Originally posted by Quizmire
                                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X