Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GQP Thread: I'm even sick of that ****** number and, anyway, he's gone (for now)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Air conditioning
    My sister, who worked most of her career in SLC ) (pediatrician in a kid factory ) is retired and could live just about anywhere. I've been trying to convince her to move to Madison, but it's a hard sell. The mountains are about a block behind her, and some of the canyons 10 minutes away. Plus the desert during season. Experiencing those areas becomes increasingly difficult with age, but if you dig that kind of natural beauty, it's hard to beat.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Then what would be the point of living in a place that the great outdoors is so nice?
      Winter
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• https://***********/ABC/status/1408086661343363075

JUST IN: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announces the House of Representatives will create a select committee to investigate the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol after Republicans blocked a bipartisan proposal for an independent, bipartisan commission.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://***********/AdamKinzinger/st...63295123189766

Calling for the execution of those telling the truth that the election was NOT stolen… I have no words, but I will try: to all leaders, tell the truth before it’s too late.
          He includes the clip with the tweet.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            https://***********/AdamKinzinger/st...63295123189766

He’s actually the kind of R that we need.

Comment

• Only on this stuff...on everything else he can eat a bag of dicks.
              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Only on this stuff...on everything else he can eat a bag of dicks.
                That goes without saying

Comment

• Watching Gaetz get destroyed on Twitter is bittersweet. Nothing is going to happen to him and if anything he just picked up more votes. There's no way to explain w t f is happening in the U.S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    There's no way to explain w t f is happening in the U.S.
                    "It's not fascism when WE do it!"

That's what's happening on the right in this country.

Comment

https://***********/AdamKinzinger/st...63295123189766

This guys talking about those who won't admit Biden is president, and staged an insurrection, right?
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

"It's not fascism when WE do it!"

That's what's happening on the right in this country.
                        Correct. And having 50% of the country in this mode is really really dangerous. Unfortunately everyone who sees that and points it out is hysterical by definition.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          Watching Gaetz get destroyed on Twitter is bittersweet. Nothing is going to happen to him and if anything he just picked up more votes. There's no way to explain w t f is happening in the U.S.
                          Sure there is...same thing that always happens. People get lazy, people get stupid, people believe in the myth of [insert country here]'s greatness, people believe they have achieved harmony, criminals push back, lazy people prefer to be told what they want to hear and what to think, something bad happens, Democracy fails because it puts too much trust in the altruism of people and everyone waits for good to conquer evil, evil wins and most people just shrug their shoulders and move on worrying about boogeymen and such.

History has been rhyming this crap since Athens. Americans are just the latest example of people who are way too arrogant on their greatness and ignoring the warning signs. Hell this isn't even the first time we got this close and if we survive it it won't the last.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Hell this isn't even the first time we got this close
                            Yes it is. This is the closest the US has ever been.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I didn't say we got farther (though the Civil War says hello) I just said this isn't the first time we have gotten close.

That is a discussion for another day though.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Yes it is. This is the closest the US has ever been.
                                I'm beginning to think Kepler is very right

https://***********/yappelbaum/statu...631095809?s=21

jfc
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X