Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GQP Thread: I'm even sick of that ****** number and, anyway, he's gone (for now)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-N.C.) urged mothers to raise their sons to be monsters in an off-the-rails speech slammed on social media as “dangerous” and sociopathic.
    The extremist first-term lawmaker said society wants to “de-masculate young men” because “they don’t want people who are going to stand up” in footage shared online Monday by activist group Right Wing Watch. It’s unclear where the video was filmed, but it’s now going viral.
    “All you moms here — the ones who I said are the most vicious in our movement — if you are raising a young man, please raise them to be a monster,” added Cawthorn, who’s pushed Donald Trump’s election lies, warned “bloodshed” will be inevitable if “our elections continue to be rigged,” and once posed for pictures at Nazi dictator Adolf Hitler’s vacation retreat.
    https://news.yahoo.com/gop-rep-madis...121449313.html

**NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• He sounds scared. Not sure why, I guarantee the NC Republican legislature is hard at work gerrymandering his seat to be safe in 2022.

Comment

• Wasn't sure where to put this:

https://twitter.com/strickdc/status/1450477711663767556

Breaking: FBI raiding home of Oleg Deripaska as per law enforcement. ⁦@NBCNews
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I am not sure which is sadder...the fact that this ****wit was President or the fact that I kind of agree with him. Colin Powell was a War Criminal...he is Henry Kissinger with darker skin and no accent.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Conservatives: the sweetest people you'll ever meet.

A central Florida defense attorney who briefly represented George Zimmerman in the Trayvon Martin case is accused of witness tampering in a juvenile rape case, sheriff’s officials said.

Hal Uhrig, who works for The Defense Group, was arrested Monday on charges of solicitation to commit perjury and witness tampering, Osceola County Sheriff Marcos Lopez said during a news conference.

Uhrig, who represents a man accused of raping a child when she was 9, arranged a meeting with his client, the victim and her father, the sheriff said.

“The point of the meeting was to keep the rapist from going to jail,” Lopez said.

“The attorney instructed the victim and her father that they should do three things. Write a declination, basically a letter, to the state attorney saying the rape didn’t happen; avoid being served with a subpoena so you don’t have to go to court to testify; (and) lie during your deposition and say the rape didn’t happen,” Lopez said.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• So Madison Cawthorn wants people who will stand up.

To which I say, "you first".
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Oh Madison, you're exactly the type women raise their daughters to RUN from.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

I am not sure which is sadder...the fact that this ****wit was President or the fact that I kind of agree with him. Colin Powell was a War Criminal...he is Henry Kissinger with darker skin and no accent.
                  Ok, I'll bite. HOw is he a war criminal?
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Ok, I'll bite. HOw is he a war criminal?
                    Started a war under false pretense. The WMD was total BS- how many people died because of that lie? (I think that's the reason, at least)

Comment

• I see Trump was right on schedule with his ripping of a dead guy. There's a lot to not like about Colin but there's also a lot to admire. No different than McCain in that way.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Started a war under false pretense. The WMD was total BS- how many people died because of that lie? (I think that's the reason, at least)
                        Yeah, cause like, Powell made the decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

He did? He was secretary of state at the time.

Edit: I'd actually like to read his memoir and whether he addressed his role in that debacle.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

He did? He was secretary of state at the time.

Edit: I'd actually like to read his memoir and whether he addressed his role in that debacle.
                            This pretty much lays it out.

This is the important part.

January 29, 2003 INR memo:
                            … the claim that experts agree UAVs fitted with spray tanks are “an ideal method for launching a terrorist attack using biological weapons” is WEAK.

Now, with that for context, it’s useful to look back at what Powell said in a November, 2005 interview with Barbara Walters:
                            There was some people in the intelligence community who knew at that time that some of these sources were not good and shouldn’t be relied upon, and they didn’t speak up. That devastated me.

That can be contrasted with this October 2003 exchange from 60 Minutes II with Greg Thielmann, who headed the Office of Strategic, Proliferation, and Military Issues in the INR until September 2002:
                            PELLEY: If the secretary took the information that his own intelligence bureau had developed and turned it on its head, which is what you’re saying, to what end?

THIELMANN: I can only assume that he was doing it to loyally support the president of the United States and build the strongest possible case for arguing that there was no alternative to the use of military force.

Clearly, Powell’s loyalty to Bush extended to being willing to deceive the world: the United Nations, Americans, and the coalition troops about to be sent to kill and die in Iraq. He’s never been held accountable for his actions, and it’s extremely unlikely he ever will be.

https://theintercept.com/2018/02/06/...e-told-the-un/

Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 10-19-2021, 02:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Yeah, cause like, Powell made the decision.
                              Powell stood before the UN and lied about WMDs and knew he was doing it. He wasnt duped, he wasn't guessing he flat out knew Iraq had none of what he was saying they did and justified a war we had no business being in on the backs of 3k dead people in NY. Every dead Iraqi's blood is on his hands. (not to mention all the ones who were tortured and locked up in prisons like Abu Ghraib and GITMO) He let his love of the military and GHWB cloud his better judgement and tens of thousands died because of it.

Plus I am pretty sure he was party to gassing people in Vietnam.

The man is not the hero the First War in Iraq made him out to be. I give him credit for the things he did after the fact (he did a lot of good work in the Black Community) but if heaven and hell exists he aint going to The Good Place.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Powell stood before the UN and lied about WMDs and knew he was doing it. He wasnt duped, he wasn't guessing he flat out knew Iraq had none of what he was saying they did and justified a war we had no business being in on the backs of 3k dead people in NY. Every dead Iraqi's blood is on his hands. (not to mention all the ones who were tortured and locked up in prisons like Abu Ghraib and GITMO) He let his love of the military and GHWB cloud his better judgement and tens of thousands died because of it.

Plus I am pretty sure he was party to gassing people in Vietnam.

The man is not the hero the First War in Iraq made him out to be. I give him credit for the things he did after the fact (he did a lot of good work in the Black Community) but if heaven and hell exists he aint going to The Good Place.
                                I agree with all of that. But, the big man makes the decision. And of course, Vader. Never forget Vader. Powell played good soldier to the clowns and it cost him dearly. Worst decision of his life I'm sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X