Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GQP Thread: I'm even sick of that ****** number and, anyway, he's gone (for now)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    I knew I could fish you in!
    I didn't want to disappoint you.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Handyman View Post

      He still draws a military pension he can't violate the UCMJ. Calling for a coup of the US Government is a violation of his oath. According to the First Amendment Encyclopedia:



      Article 94 of UCMJ gives the parameters for Mutiny and Sedition. Theoretically (I am not a legal scholar or Military expert so it is all in theory) he violates section 2:



      More Info That Breaks Down Things a Bit Better Than SUNY-Ithaca

      Freedom of Speech does not truly exist in the military and since Flynn is a retired General who still uses rank and gets a pension he is restricted as well. They could recall him to active duty and court martial him. People have been calling for any retired military connected in any way to the Insurrection to be recalled because of this. Just because he is a civilian now doesn't mean he can hint at a violent overthrow of the duly elected government.

      It comes down to whether the military has jurisdiction. The Military Times discusses it here.

      (again this is all my opinion based on what I have read on the subject since last November)
      This has been brought up before, which is why I asked how Flynn is not in military custody awaiting court martial. So thanks for posting more details.

      What a POS- how in the world did a person like that get up to a national security advisor??? With so many connection with the Russians, I don't get how he could get to where he got.

      And I also agree how scary it is that people actually cheered for a coup. Pretty pathetic people- what do they really think they will get, other than racial dominance?

      Comment


      • Flynn is now denying what be said. On tape.

        dump has been telling people he’s going to reinstated in August, and the Q crowd believes it. It’s scary because I don’t know If that means an attempted coup

        likely he’s just trying to fundraise for his legal defense

        Comment


        • Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

          This has been brought up before, which is why I asked how Flynn is not in military custody awaiting court martial. So thanks for posting more details.

          What a POS- how in the world did a person like that get up to a national security advisor??? With so many connection with the Russians, I don't get how he could get to where he got.

          And I also agree how scary it is that people actually cheered for a coup. Pretty pathetic people- what do they really think they will get, other than racial dominance?
          Robert Hanssen is starting to look not so bad. Sure, he handed over state secrets that got several Soviet/Russian informants killed and risked the lives of other US agents, but least he never called for a coup against a sitting US government.

          Comment


          • Flynn should already be in a cell awaiting his trial.

            We have to stop fucking around. These traitors have shown us exactly what they will do the next time they have power. We have to stop them. Now.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

            Comment


            • Well the DOJ is probably slow playing since he was pardoned for lying to Mueller already. If he is arrested by civilians there is going to be a fight. (which he will lose but it isn't like he will face justice swiftly so if he stalls long enough...) Plus most people don't understand the nuance of the issue so when he couches himself in the First Amendment he will gain a lot of sympathy. You think you hear about cancel culture a lot now...

              There is a growing segment of the Liberals that are turning on Garland. (for context who they are, they are the ones blaming Schumer for the fact that Sinema is a Narcissistic POS) They think he isn't moving fast enough on many of these charges. I am not a member of this faction but it is gaining momentum. It doesn't help that Insurrectionists are being given quite a lot of quarter. The TrumpKunt who stole Pelosi's laptop and tried to sell it to Russia was just allowed to get work release. I believe the fuckface who was pictured with his feet on her desk is also out on bail. Another trog was allowed to go on a retreat to Mexico! That is not a good look especially since they aren't exactly known for following rules. Sooner or later the hammer needs to come down. Flashy headlines don't mean much when nothing comes of them. There are people who are treated much harsher for committing much lesser offenses. Whitey has no fear of the system and until they do there is always a risk this could happen again.

              Thankfully, most of us understand that the DOJ runs on its own time table and they aren't going to rush to take these people down but it would be nice if they were maybe treated like the traitors they are. We need to put the fear of God into the Qucumbers or they will just do it all again and probably at a much more dangerous level.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

              "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

              Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

              Comment


              • https://twitter.com/KatieJohnson214/...60354208829444

                That video says everything you need to know about Graham. Well that and he went to Israel to suck up to Bibi...
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

                "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

                Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                Comment


                • It fits. When is the last time an R answered a question without running away? Even on this board they can’t.

                  consistent from top down to the plebes

                  Comment


                  • https://twitter.com/chuckwoolery/sta...51113833832450

                    Critical Race theory is based on Critical theory, given to the world by Marxists from the Frankfort School in Germany. When Hitler cracked down on them they moved. Yes they moved to Columbia University in NYC and they remain there to this day.
                    I gotta say back in the day when I used to watch Love Connection I never thought "I wonder if Chuck thinks America should go the route of Adolf Hitler and if so is he dumb enough to say it out loud?" We will be back in 2 and 2 as Chuck is busy pretending he is being being wrongly shamed for that tweet...
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

                    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

                    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      It fits. When is the last time an R answered a question without running away? Even on this board they can’t.

                      consistent from top down to the plebes
                      Maybe Graham thought that Marine was a Meth Zombie?
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

                      "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

                      Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Handyman View Post

                        Maybe Graham thought that Marine was a Meth Zombie?
                        I'd think he'd respond differently to a bear.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                          I'd think he'd respond differently to a bear.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

                          "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

                          Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Flynn should already be in a cell awaiting his trial.

                            We have to stop fucking around. These traitors have shown us exactly what they will do the next time they have power. We have to stop them. Now.
                            Is it the optics/repercussions of the situation holding this back?

                            Hang on. Hear me explain it.... if the bipartisan (mostly Dems) start actually enforcing some of these laws and rules, the GQP are gonna scream political bias and persecution... and then retaliate on the return by *actually* locking up dems just for being dems.

                            Just how far can the Liberals hold the pendulum from swinging before the GQP use it like a wrecking ball?
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

                            Live Radio from 100.3

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              and then retaliate on the return by *actually* locking up dems just for being dems.
                              They are going to do this anyway. This is like the Filibuster. We can't let fear that the GOP will abuse legal means prevent us from using legal means in the way they were intended, because the GOP will not just abuse legal means, they will flat out lie, cheat, steal, and subvert the Constitution. They already have; they are doing it right now wherever they have power.

                              We are dealing with Nazis. Actual Nazis. This is it: 1/6 was a dress rehearsal, now is when we either stop them and lock them up for treason or we risk them getting hold of power again and ending democracy and the rule of law for however many years of actual war it will take to win those back.

                              It's 1932. What will we do to stop Hitler. Dump is Mein Kampf -- he has told us exactly what he'll do. We have no excuses.

                              Listen to the cons on our forum. They have no problem with it. They will hem and haw and let it happen or loudly cheer it. This is how it happens here. It is happening here. Do we stop it now or after x-dozen million deaths?
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                Well the DOJ is probably slow playing since he was pardoned for lying to Mueller already. If he is arrested by civilians there is going to be a fight. (which he will lose but it isn't like he will face justice swiftly so if he stalls long enough...) Plus most people don't understand the nuance of the issue so when he couches himself in the First Amendment he will gain a lot of sympathy. You think you hear about cancel culture a lot now...

                                There is a growing segment of the Liberals that are turning on Garland. (for context who they are, they are the ones blaming Schumer for the fact that Sinema is a Narcissistic POS) They think he isn't moving fast enough on many of these charges. I am not a member of this faction but it is gaining momentum. It doesn't help that Insurrectionists are being given quite a lot of quarter. The TrumpKunt who stole Pelosi's laptop and tried to sell it to Russia was just allowed to get work release. I believe the fuckface who was pictured with his feet on her desk is also out on bail. Another trog was allowed to go on a retreat to Mexico! That is not a good look especially since they aren't exactly known for following rules. Sooner or later the hammer needs to come down. Flashy headlines don't mean much when nothing comes of them. There are people who are treated much harsher for committing much lesser offenses. Whitey has no fear of the system and until they do there is always a risk this could happen again.

                                Thankfully, most of us understand that the DOJ runs on its own time table and they aren't going to rush to take these people down but it would be nice if they were maybe treated like the traitors they are. We need to put the fear of God into the Qucumbers or they will just do it all again and probably at a much more dangerous level.
                                The problem isn't Garland. The problem is unreasonable expectations. There are people, including people on this Board and in the news media, who think that the proper punishment for the people who broke into the capitol is that we try them, convict them, lead them into a public square in D.C., and hang them until dead as insurrectionists/seditionists/traitors.

                                Well, as amusing as all of that might be, it isn't going to happen, and was never going to happen.

                                I'm all in favor of convicting each of those clowns, but I never suffered from any illusion that any of them will spend much time incarcerated, if any time incarcerated.

                                If I drove over to St. Paul right now, used a sledge hammer to bust my way through doors and windows to enter the chambers of the Minnesota legislature, took selfies of me up on the Speaker's desk, would I spend any time in jail here in Minnesota (assuming I have no past criminal history)? I don't think so.

                                These people are going to be convicted and I'll be shocked if any of them spend more than 18 months incarcerated, if that.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X