Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GQP Thread: I'm even sick of that ****** number and, anyway, he's gone (for now)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
    But you have it there already. It's a story about optics, not reality. Again, if we find out that there were multiple and specific requests that were ignored/lied in response then yeah, this would become a real and actual story. Until then, this is political nonsense. Let them bleat. If this didn't exist there would be some other stupid made up nonsense.
    You are arguing something I am not and that is the problem. (Likely on my end but also because I think we are getting stuck think every problem is a 4 alarm fire which I am not saying at all) I literally said it is not the same universe and that they need to keep on doing what they are doing. But if we pretend it is not a story we are lying to ourselves. 4 years ago no one cares but this is to soon after a massive document debacle there is no way it was going to just be ignored and it really shouldn't be. Nothing will come of it though because they're is no there there.

The Dems are doing the right thing and that is why in 2 months this will not be a story. Right now it is so just let it play out. The Right Wingers will whine like they always do and people with brains will see it for what it is. That is how you deal with this.

Its a matter of degrees. Trump was an 11...this is a 3. The only way it likely rises above that is if the Dems screw up which they are not doing. Be open, be forthright and it will work out.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Well, there's a service entrance for people who appeal to the single celled organism TED talkers. Dr. Mrs. is more likely to get turned on by Jurgen Habermas than Chuck Todd.

But thank you for the thought.

Remember the rule of mass democracy: no one anyone has heard of will last more than three generations (sorry Beatles, Freud, and Foucault). No one anyone knows will ever do anything that matters. The people who will be remembered are at least 3 standard deviations beyond anything that will ever hit media.
      You’ve talked about her crush on him. He said something half competent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

You are arguing something I am not and that is the problem. (Likely on my end but also because I think we are getting stuck think every problem is a 4 alarm fire which I am not saying at all) I literally said it is not the same universe and that they need to keep on doing what they are doing. But if we pretend it is not a story we are lying to ourselves. 4 years ago no one cares but this is to soon after a massive document debacle there is no way it was going to just be ignored and it really shouldn't be. Nothing will come of it though because they're is no there there.

The Dems are doing the right thing and that is why in 2 months this will not be a story. Right now it is so just let it play out. The Right Wingers will whine like they always do and people with brains will see it for what it is. That is how you deal with this.

Its a matter of degrees. Trump was an 11...this is a 3. The only way it likely rises above that is if the Dems screw up which they are not doing. Be open, be forthright and it will work out.
        I think I see what you're saying, and in that case I more or less agree, perhaps less so on specifics but whatevs on that.
        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          You’ve talked about her crush on him. He said something half competent.
          That was long, long ago.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

I think I see what you're saying, and in that case I more or less agree, perhaps less so on specifics but whatevs on that.
            Yeah I was not doing a good enough job explaining my position.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Merrick Garland has his out now. There is no way in hell Trump gets indicted for anything.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• https://***********/joshtpm/status/1...ZaB58RkuQ&s=19

BREAKING: Albuquerque Police have arrested a failed GOP state house candidate, Solomon Pena, for the rash of shootings on Dem officials homes and offices over the course of December.
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Simply the best! Only the best candidates

Comment

• I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• And the scales fell from her eyes well probably not.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• letthemfight.gif https://www.newsweek.com/trump-lashe...eaders-1774185

Evangelical leaders once played a critical role in building the coalition that won Donald Trump the presidency. Today, however, finds Trump now lashing out at the same group he once relied on as many faith leaders have chosen to remain on the sidelines in the early stages of his third bid for the White House.

Appearing on Real America's Voice on Monday, Trump told The Water Cooler host David Brody he believed evangelical leaders were being disloyal to his cause after reports of faith leaders who once supported him who are now reluctant to back him ahead of the 2024 election.

This, even after he delivered on promises to seat Supreme Court justices willing to support evangelicals' mission to overturn federal protections for abortion as well as initiatives like expanding "school choice," which would allow public dollars to flow into private and religious academic institutions.

"That's a sign of disloyalty," Trump said. "There's great disloyalty in the world of politics and that's a sign of disloyalty because nobody, as you know...has ever done more for [the] right to life than Donald Trump. Three Supreme Court justices and they all voted [to overturn Roe v. Wade]...they won, they finally won!"

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• The Jesus freaks got their judges and they got Roe overturned. That's all they ever wanted and he delivered for them. Now they can discard him and all of his baggage they had to cravenly overlook just to get their pet issue addressed.

Comment

• Jfc Tony Dungy. Be better for ****s sake

https://***********/tonydungy/status..._nSb6I7hWyOjlg

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              Jfc Tony Dungy. Be better for ****s sake

https://***********/tonydungy/status..._nSb6I7hWyOjlg
                              Apparently deleted as nothing is coming up. What did he say?

Found articles about it. Repeating the "litter boxes in classrooms" nonsense. I've never paid attention to him so was unaware he is a bigot as well. The derp is strong with him. Surprised he still has a job on tv.
                              Last edited by Proud2baLaker; 01-18-2023, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• Haha wow. He tweeted about cat litter being in school bathrooms for kids to identify as cats, and tons of sportswriters were calling him out

Comment

Working...
                                X