Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GQP Thread: I'm even sick of that ****** number and, anyway, he's gone (for now)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So with all the twitter discourse on gas vs electric, I saw an ad for a startup that put a 3kWh lithium battery in their induction range so it could heat up faster.

There is like no way I'm putting a 3kWh battery in the middle of my house, inside an appliance that is designed to get very hot and repeatedly temperature cycle, next to abundant sources of water. I just think that's a house fire that will always end with tragedy and/or total loss of the house.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Our electric glass-top died, and we replaced it with an induction primarily because we have little kids and my wife liked that the top doesn't stay hot for as long after you are done cooking. I had never used one before and had never really read about them, so I didn't have any real expectations. Holy crap is it awesome!!!! I was always a gas guy, but I would never go back to gas again.

The pots don't have to be centered for it to work, but obviously, only the part of the pan over the inductor is going to be heated (same as if you didn't center your pan on electric or gas). You can use cast-iron. About the only pans that don't work are all-aluminum types - but always check the label when buying a pan.
      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        So with all the twitter discourse on gas vs electric, I saw an ad for a startup that put a 3kWh lithium battery in their induction range so it could heat up faster.

There is like no way I'm putting a 3kWh battery in the middle of my house, inside an appliance that is designed to get very hot and repeatedly temperature cycle, next to abundant sources of water. I just think that's a house fire that will always end with tragedy and/or total loss of the house.
        Some of the climate tech people are insane and dangerous

Comment

• I have had a glass cook top for almost 15 years now. Cast iron is fine on it you just need to be gentle. If you really scuff up the surface, it just doesn't get as hot and that's annoying. You can replace them fairly easily but it isn't cheap. Basically, don't be an animal with your pots n pans and you're mostly fine.
          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Lol, I was right- here’s a bill

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/statu...MU0iljx2DjHXkw

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              Huckleyberry Colonel Sanders in Arkansas also banned CRT in schools, and banned the word "Latinx". Republicans get the **** done that needs doing.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• This is Kevin’s deal. Everything will shut down. Border, FAA, Medicare and Medicaid

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1...MU0iljx2DjHXkw

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  This is Kevin’s deal. Everything will shut down. Border, FAA, Medicare and Medicaid

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1...MU0iljx2DjHXkw
                  Kevin's an idiot.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Amazing. All that just to say he was speaker. He really "earned' that title. Way to go.

I hope it does all shut down. I hope The house of cards the GQP has made collapses. **** 'em.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      Amazing. All that just to say he was speaker. He really "earned' that title. Way to go.

I hope it does all shut down. I hope The house of cards the GQP has made collapses. **** 'em.
                      When these things happen, the people will more often blame the party that hold the White House. Qevin knows that, he’s old enough to see and learn from prior split houses and branches. Newt exploited it, and then the guy whose name I forget that did the same during Pres. Obama’s term. Blowback always came against the President.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

When these things happen, the people will more often blame the party that hold the White House. Qevin knows that, he’s old enough to see and learn from prior split houses and branches. Newt exploited it, and then the guy whose name I forget that did the same during Pres. Obama’s term. Blowback always came against the President.
                        Yep, and our resident mouth breather will believe it too

Comment

• 52 counts of voter fraud: https://apnews.com/article/iowa-siou...0d02c1876f279a

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                            Our electric glass-top died, and we replaced it with an induction primarily because we have little kids and my wife liked that the top doesn't stay hot for as long after you are done cooking. I had never used one before and had never really read about them, so I didn't have any real expectations. Holy crap is it awesome!!!! I was always a gas guy, but I would never go back to gas again.

The pots don't have to be centered for it to work, but obviously, only the part of the pan over the inductor is going to be heated (same as if you didn't center your pan on electric or gas). You can use cast-iron. About the only pans that don't work are all-aluminum types - but always check the label when buying a pan.
                            I think you guys (and gals) sold me
                            Code:
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

Then the White House should be extraordinarily public with their negotiations and hire them best media team money can buy
                              Code:

Comment

• The GOP believes the government cannot decide what you do with your stove but it should decide what you do with a bun in the oven.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X