Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GQP Thread: I'm even sick of that ****** number and, anyway, he's gone (for now)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Your sarcasm is cute, but have you cooked on one? They’re faster(things like boiling water) and easier and more consistent than gas or electric . Ease and efficiency of cooking. And won’t cause child asthma

nowhere was I implying they don’t rely on energy to run
    I’ve never used one, but I have watched a couple YouTube clips where some guys were timing various controlled events, like boiling 1L of water, all using the same kettle. Induction was faster than electric coils, which were faster than glass tops, which barely beat out gas stoves.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post

Idiots are tweeting only to find out from their wife that they already are on electric stoves (unless they're wealthy, apparently)
      Mercedes Schlapp says she won't get rid of hers. Maybe if she cooked more on it her husband wouldn't be groping guys in hotels.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

I’ve never used one, but I have watched a couple YouTube clips where some guys were timing various controlled events, like boiling 1L of water, all using the same kettle. Induction was faster than electric coils, which were faster than glass tops, which barely beat out gas stoves.
        Exactly. I happpen to have cookware that will transfer well, just last time I bought a stove, induction was hard to come by.

soon. Soon.

Comment

• We got induction when we moved 3 years ago. It's awesome. 10/10, would buy again.

Comment

• Are they finicky about how well you center the pan On the elements?

Any downsides?

Can you use cast iron?

We're not in the market but if we can, we're going for electric or induction next
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• I have gas. That statement can be interpreted multiple ways and all would be accurate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                **** electric stoves. Induction is so much better than gas or electric.

as soon as I can, lll be getting induction
                Induction stoves are electric stoves and its really only the cooktop thats induction
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Are they finicky about how well you center the pan On the elements?

Any downsides?

Can you use cast iron?

We're not in the market but if we can, we're going for electric or induction next
                  Yes you can use cast iron since iron is magnetic. Only downside is your pots and pans need to have a magnetic metal element to be heated up, so you can't use Pyrex or pure aluminum directly on the elements

Never had issue with placement on the elements.

Water boils ridiculously quickly and the elements cool off quickly, so they're pet/kid safer, too.
                  Last edited by unofan; 01-13-2023, 06:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

Induction stoves are electric stoves and its really only the cooktop thats induction
                    Yes, I’ve used them , thank you.

im not a baker so I’m mostly on cooktop and there’s a difference beteeen electric and induction on a cooktop

Comment

• also if your current stove is gas be prepared to have a new 40-50 amp 240v circuit run to you new induction stove/cooktop

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Yes you can use cast iron since iron is magnetic. Only downside is your pots and pans need to have a magnetic metal element to be heated up, so you can't use Pyrex or pure aluminum directly on the elements

Never had issue with placement on the elements.

Water boils ridiculously quickly and the elements cool off quickly, so they're pet/kid safer, too.
                        thanks.
                        My only concern is the glass top. I'd be so worried about scratching it or god forbid, dropping cast iron. We love using cast iron so it could be a big change. I don't think we've ever used Pyrex on the range. But we have several aluminum pans (including our beloved popcorn pan *sniff*) but I am 95% sure our MCP stainless are ok on induction.

Again, I don't think we're in the market since we have the world's most simple gas stove that should last another 15 years. Only the membrane buttons are going to fail eventually.
                        Code:
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          also if your current stove is gas be prepared to have a new 40-50 amp 240v circuit run to you new induction stove/cooktop
                          Yeah, that's the big catch for most.

I'd be curious if we could. I know our kitchen has three separate 20 A circuits. But I'm not sure the gauge on any of the wires. I am confident we don't have the non-standard plug that usually comes with one of those 40+ A circuits.
                          Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Yeah, that's the big catch for most.

I'd be curious if we could. I know our kitchen has three separate 20 A circuits. But I'm not sure the gauge on any of the wires. I am confident we don't have the non-standard plug that usually comes with one of those 40+ A circuits.
                            Are you sure? We’re a few weeks away from GOp saying they run on aborted fetuses.

there will be a bill banning anything but has introduced in a red state mark my words

Comment

• I have a glass cook top, its all scratched to ****, it works like new though. If looks are a concern don't make popcorn on it I installed it in 04 so its been around awhile.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure Pyrex is a hard no on a stove top, no matter the heating element.
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X