Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GQP Thread: I'm even sick of that ****** number and, anyway, he's gone (for now)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/19/n...publicans.html

On one hand, holy shiat.

On the other hand, where was this story 4 months ago when it would've mattered?

Comment

• What did it say if is pay walled...I saw it was on the lying Rep but I don't know much of the story.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        What did it say if is pay walled...I saw it was on the lying Rep but I don't know much of the story.
        By his account, [Santos] catapulted himself from a New York City public college to become a “seasoned Wall Street financier and investor” with a family-owned real estate portfolio of 13 properties and an animal rescue charity that saved more than 2,500 dogs and cats. But a New York Times review of public documents and court filings from the United States and Brazil, as well as various attempts to verify claims that Mr. Santos, 34, made on the campaign trail, calls into question key parts of the r?sum? that he sold to voters.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          What did it say if is pay walled...I saw it was on the lying Rep but I don't know much of the story.
          He lied about literally every detail of his backstory. All of which were seemingly easy enough to disprove.

I don't understand how this isn't automatic research done by every local reporter on the two or three major candidates. Past employers, IRS records, schooling, etc. if they make a claim that can be verified with a simple phone call, it should be done.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Aren't the days of LOLDems supposedly over? Well...not in New York it seems.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              Aren't the days of LOLDems supposedly over? Well...not in New York it seems.
              Oh please...
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

He lied about literally every detail of his backstory. All of which were seemingly easy enough to disprove.

I don't understand how this isn't automatic research done by every local reporter on the two or three major candidates. Past employers, IRS records, schooling, etc. if they make a claim that can be verified with a simple phone call, it should be done.
                Access journalism. If you call out a candidate on lies, you are "biased," and you'll never get another interview. Candidates don't need journalists anymore. They communicate directly with their rubes via social media and their propaganda outlets. Without that requirement to play by the rules of journalism, you wind up with the rules of celebrity: suck up or freeze out.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Access journalism. If you call out a candidate on lies, you are "biased," and you'll never get another interview. Candidates don't need journalists anymore. They communicate directly with their rubes via social media and their propaganda outlets. Without that requirement to play by the rules of journalism, you wind up with the rules of celebrity: suck up or freeze out.
                  Yeah, I wouldn't count on the journalists. But where was the opposition research?
                  If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

Yeah, I wouldn't count on the journalists. But where was the opposition research?
                    Yeah, that part is amazing. Incompetent oppo by whichever Dem he beat. It is the second thing they teach you as a campaign consultant, after "cash the check immediately."
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• There was some done: https://twitter.com/AndrewSolender/s...aA-leXk0Q&s=19
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• It begins.

The Jan. 6 panel voted Monday to refer former President Trump to the Department of Justice on at least four criminal charges, including insurrection and obstruction of an official proceeding of Congress.
                        Just a bad day all around for rapists.

After a month-long trial and nine days of deliberations, Los Angeles jurors on Monday found Harvey Weinstein guilty of the rape and sexual assault of just one of the four accusers he was charged with abusing.

But the three guilty counts involving an Italian actor and model known at the trial as Jane Doe 1 still struck a major blow against the disgraced movie mogul, and provided another #MeToo moment of reckoning, five years after he became a magnet for the movement.

Weinstein, 70, who is two years into a 23-year sentence for a rape and sexual assault conviction in New York that is under appeal, could get up to 24 years in prison in California when he’s sentenced.

He was found guilty of rape, forced oral copulation and another sexual misconduct count involving the woman who said he appeared uninvited at her hotel room door during a Los Angeles film festival in 2013.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 12-19-2022, 09:18 PM.
                        Cornell University

Comment

• George Santos responds to accusations he made stuff up by using a Churchill quote which wasn't actually said by Churchill, which I guess is on brand for him.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• When the Confederacy was defeated in 1865, Davis was captured, accused of treason, and imprisoned at Fort Monroe in Hampton, Virginia. He was never tried and was released after two years. Davis's legacy is intertwined with his role as President of the Confederacy.
                            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_Davis

Ford, however, insisted on a statement of contrition; Nixon felt he had not committed any crimes and should not have to issue such a document. Ford eventually agreed, and on September 8, 1974, he granted Nixon a "full, free, and absolute pardon" that ended any possibility of an indictment.
                            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pardon_of_Richard_Nixon

Heard Presidential Historian Michael Beschloss this morning pondering whether or not the last two times we went through this if we had actually at least had indicted the perpetrators we may have had a different arc of history at this point. Maybe Trump never happens. We never dealt with the aftermath of the Civil War and we never jailed our criminal President. Trump is Jefferson Davis and Nixon all rolled up into one. And he has a complicit faction who is still holding offices across our country today. There is going to be huge pressure on our Justice Department not to even indict Trump. I believe it needs to happen. I have my doubts it will.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• https://www.christianpost.com/news/f...n-wedding.html

Amy Grant isn't sufficiently American Jesusy.
                              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                                https://www.christianpost.com/news/f...n-wedding.html

Amy Grant isn't sufficiently American Jesusy.
                                Is the concept of a Spectrum that difficult for humanity? It's all around us. We should celebrate the beauty of nature instead of vilify it.

Comment

Working...
                                X