Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GQP Thread: I'm even sick of that ****** number and, anyway, he's gone (for now)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jericho View Post
    I wonder what Republicans think of this:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...ttQ?li=BBnb7Kz
    I think it is the dumbest thing I have read in a while...so Republicans probably think it is genius.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      The calls on the Republican line into CSPAN this morning should feature in future academic studies of denial and delusion.
      That is everything they do. I mean they flip flop faster than John Kerry on speed. They spent all Pandemic whining about homeschooling and now they are pushing for...more homeschooling? Corporations are people with free speech, until that speech huwts der feel feels then corporations should not be allowed to have an opinion. Parents should decide what to do with their children, except what they read, where they go, what they see or who they hang out with. Cops are amazing, except when they stop riots at the Capitol. That doesn't even scratch the surface...
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        https://twitter.com/gtconway3d/statu...28226276151296

Donald Trump explained last night that Ivanka's testimony was irrelevant cause she wasn't looking at the election numbers she was just being respectful to Bill Barr. He made sure to say that Bill Barr sucked.
        IIRC the night of the Election, when Trump went on TV and started The Big Lie all of his kids and some on his staff pleaded with him not to say the Election was being stolen and he had already won and so on. He still did it anyways...

All the people who convinced him to fight like hell to overthrow the Election are the ones narcking on him now. He should never trust people like Jason Miller, they only care about themselves. (I mean he did try and force his GF to have an abortion by spiking her drink) Their loyalty is to themselves, not a candidate.
        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

When do we get to the point where the cult members just off themselves? That's seemingly the only endgame here...

I still believe, and will believe forever, that had the 1-6-21 rioters and insurrectionists been met with a hail of gunfire from the assembled law enforcement and those who did not scatter and retreat were left dead on the Capitol steps we'd be a lot further along the path of driving these people back under their rocks and into their caves. This isn't a matter of changing beliefs, it is a matter of changing behavior.

They committed acts of violent treason on our government and our constitution. We don't need these people as citizens, we don't need them as voters. We could find some utility in them as consumers and wage slaves, and since they gotta eat too that part won't change. They don't believe the truth, they don't believe the facts, they don't believe anything anyone will try to tell them. They understand only bullying, violence and intimidation. Its just too bad a lot of the assembled law enforcement there probably shared their beliefs, and only when they realized their own lives were very much threatened did they begin to mount counter attacks.

We know the name Ashli Babbit. If she was just one of hundreds or thousands and her name was lost to history like the names of most people who die while fighting a war I think our democracy would be a little closer to functioning.

Comment

• You would have turned them into Martyr's. The GOP and all the idiots that voted for Trump in 2020 would have eaten that up. Speaker McCarthy in 2022 would gain momentous support and love from it.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

That is everything they do. I mean they flip flop faster than John Kerry on speed. They spent all Pandemic whining about homeschooling and now they are pushing for...more homeschooling? Corporations are people with free speech, until that speech huwts der feel feels then corporations should not be allowed to have an opinion. Parents should decide what to do with their children, except what they read, where they go, what they see or who they hang out with. Cops are amazing, except when they stop riots at the Capitol. That doesn't even scratch the surface...
              You forgot "Suppert thuh troooooooooops!!!!!", but also the Obama/Biden military is full of weakling soyboy queers on HRT and has gone woke!1!1!! ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

You forgot "Suppert thuh troooooooooops!!!!!", but also the Obama/Biden military is full of weakling soyboy queers on HRT and has gone woke!1!1!! ;-)
                Oh yeah...that too!
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  You would have turned them into Martyr's. The GOP and all the idiots that voted for Trump in 2020 would have eaten that up. Speaker McCarthy in 2022 would gain momentous support and love from it.
                  Maybe, but but what else are we to do with the country's enemies? I realize what I am advocating could only have happened in a nation where our politics were not hopelessly broken and where 40% of the people are not untethered from reality. If we lived in a country where the revelations that will come from the 1-6 committee hearings would actually move a majority of Americans to do the right things then turning those people into martyrs would not matter.

We have almost no chance of changing how those people think (or don't think, more precisely) and we certainly are not changing the minds of the vast majority even if one or two see the light. What I want is for them to have no influence on our politics and how things get done. Right now they do. They have wrested complete control of one of the only two political parties in this country. Right now their influence literally caused people to die needlessly from a pandemic, or die at the hands of cops, or in one of the thousands of mass shootings we have every year. Right now their influence is going to prevent people from voting, prevent women from controlling their bodies and prevent children from receiving an education or proper healthcare. To me these are ALL acts of aggression, violence and war.

We don't live in a ****ing democracy anymore, and I am ****ing tired of it. I've voted. I've registered other people to vote. I have marched for low wage workers and racial justice (most recently just two days ago). I have marched for Black lives. I've organized unions. I've helped and trained unionized workers to become effective leaders in their workplaces and in their communities. I've helped pass legislation that created safer needles and prevented health care staff from working overtime until they died or caused other people to die. I've served my community as a first responder. I am ****ing tired that all of that doesn't matter when we are about to hand the keys to the kindom over to the republicans, probably for the last time because in a few years they won't even give us access to the keys anymore. What else is there left to do?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

What are you talking about? Yesterday uno had commented that white collars he knows are really complaining about prices of gas and inflation- and that those people may end up voting R this fall based on high prices. My point here is that if those people vote R just for gas prices, they’re even dumber than I thought as they’ll be some of the most ****ed after a republican congress whacks gay rights, contraception and officially decimates education
                    That's exactly what I'm talking about. They don't count. They don't even register on the Repub power machine's radar. To them, that might as well be illegal immigrants or the poors, or heaven help them, the darkies.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

That's exactly what I'm talking about. They don't count. They don't even register on the Repub power machine's radar. To them, that might as well be illegal immigrants or the poors, or heaven help them, the darkies.
                      Oh. I agree with you- that’s why those people voting for republicans because Of gas prices is hilariously sad

Comment

• Yikes.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• It's interesting to see what's going on with the hearings and the reaction.

It's a fight to force the DOJ to bring charges (as they should) while also reassuring them there will be public support for accountability. Obviously, almost no Republicans will support it, and in fact will scream like scalded babies for being called on their treason. They don't matter.

Neither do the politically active people already supporting a strengthening of democracy by arresting, trying, and convicting the traitors.

What matters is the overall temperature of the country, and the DOJ's willingness to do the right thing and save democracy and the rule of law. That is what the hearings are designed to influence, and hopefully it's what all the Dems, activists, and those few sane Republicans are working to achieve.

We have to stop them by law, because if they regain power law will be turned against us as an act of rightwing terrorism.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Does this Perry guy think that Liz Cheney doesn't have the goods? Does this Perry guy really think that Liz Cheney would say he asked for a Pardon from Trump if he didn't? Does this Perry guy really think he can pull a Trump and just pretend that it never happened and it will go away?

Liz is coming for these people and I am going to relish the carnage. Liz has nothing to lose. She's down 20 points to a Trump disciple in Wyoming.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Remember how Truth Social was going to be wide open free speech for everyone? Unlike Twitter.

Not so fast.

My Truth Social account was just permanently suspended for talking about the January 6th Committee hearings.
                              https://twitter.com/TravisAllen02/st...76335579971584

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                Oh. I agree with you- that’s why those people voting for republicans because Of gas prices is hilariously sad
                                It doesn't help that the media defaults to that more than they do Trumpers in cafes and how they vote.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X