Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GQP Thread: I'm even sick of that ****** number and, anyway, he's gone (for now)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

Unless we charge those responsible for planning and allowing the events of 1-6 to happen, I don't give a crap about some nobody guitar player of some nobody metal band that nobody has ever heard of being arrested or charged or pleading guilty or being convicted.

The handful, or even few hundred, that eventually will see the inside of a federal prison cell for a few months or years will not prevent the next 1-6 from happening. The congresspeople and members of the military and law enforcement who planned and allowed it going to prison is what is needed.
    Correct on all counts.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Garland must have filed those charges while taking a break from thumb twiddling.

hey even I pretend to work sometimes ;^)

rufus,

That is very excellent to hear. I will back off ripping Garland for 11 days! One for each of those charged. I will still hope I am wrong about how he deals with the GOPers like Qevin.

BTW I like being wrong about this stuff :^)
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
        Also, these guys are all big and bad when they're in a group with the rest of their buddies, stomping on unarmed women in a crowd. Deep down, they're just bullies and cowards at heart.

I have no doubts that at least half of these people charged, facing the prospect of 20 years, are gonna be singing like little beeches. I mean, have you seen a picture of Stewart Rhodes? He'll make someone a nice cell beech in prison.
        Yeah these were the charges we need. Arresting the clowns who are missing a few chromosomes does nothing...they have to start making the Big Dogs sweat. Clowns like these wannabes are squealers...they don't have the stones to do real hard time. (especially if they never have before)

I would take the over on your "half".
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I'm not entirely sure why they chose to go after these asshats with sedition instead of obstructing congress. Maybe it's both. Maybe you can start charging others who aided it (in a lesser role) with more serious crimes. Either way, it's the next phase.
          Its to send a message. Obstructing Congress can mean all sorts of things and can deal in lighter sentences I would assume. Sedition is a crime against the Government and People of the United States of America. It is like charging someone as a terrorist.
          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Exactly. Garland isn't incompetent and doesn't give a **** what the online wargarblsphere says. You do it right or you waste your one attempt. The reason they've been going after the small fries with obstruction of congress is that it's FAR easier to prove and carries about the same sentence as seditious conspiracy but so, so much easier to prove.

I'm not entirely sure why they chose to go after these asshats with sedition instead of obstructing congress. Maybe it's both. Maybe you can start charging others who aided it (in a lesser role) with more serious crimes. Either way, it's the next phase.
            It is both. Most of them are already arrested, and facing the obstruction of Congress charge. This adds Rhodes and the guy who was manning the QRF force to that group, with those same charges, and adds the seditious conspiracy charge on top for all of them.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

What charges did Mueller bring?

Already way ahead of him.
              Mueller actually did say: "Congress could do this." Now I fully agree he should have gone right to the edge of his authority if not a bit over it -- the stakes were the highest, as we have learned since, and fascism and treason stalked the land and endangered the nation in the persons of Dump and the Republicans in general. But he chose to stay in his lane. Maybe he couldn't conceive of the absolute hypocrisy and lowness of the GOP, and of half the voters of this country. Or maybe he felt like "I've given you the tools to stop this man and if you don't well you deserve what you get."
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                Now if the arrest of any of these low level scumbags actually leads to them providing useful information that then leads to arrests and convictions of those who are TRULY responsible for 1-6, then sure, Garlands DOJ will have accomplished something useful. Up to now there is no evidence of that more than a year after the attack.
                That is how they nail mob bosses. Start with the small fry and work your way up the ladder squeezing nuts and granting amnesty. Get to the top, the bosses have nobody to dime out, and they take the hit. But it take a looooooooooooooooooooong time, and the next time the GOP controls the executive our entire justice system disappears to be replaced by the Stasi.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Yeah these were the charges we need. Arresting the clowns who are missing a few chromosomes does nothing...they have to start making the Big Dogs sweat. Clowns like these wannabes are squealers...they don't have the stones to do real hard time. (especially if they never have before)

I would take the over on your "half".
                  I think this is going to be the end of the line, this will be as big as the dogs will get. They'll nail these guys on the seditious conspiracy charges, but I don't see it going any higher. Everyone who daydreams of sedition charges against people like Trump, Cruz, et al, are kidding themselves. You might hook a guy the level of Roger Stone or someone, but I think you're looking at the headliners in today's arrests, imho.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

...Maybe he couldn't conceive of the absolute hypocrisy and lowness of the GOP, and of half the voters of this country...
                    And therein is where the problem likely is. And not just with Mueller. With Biden and a host of other old-line members of the Democratic party. Because if these people actually believed that the republican party (and most of its voters) were fascists yet this is all they are doing to prevent them from succeeding, they would be guilty of such a dereliction of their duty it would be criminal. That's the only notion that keeps me from thinking that most of the Democrats are just as guilty as the republicans. But as a whole, none of them are sounding the alarm nearly loud enough.

Comment

Mueller actually did say: "Congress could do this." Now I fully agree he should have gone right to the edge of his authority if not a bit over it -- the stakes were the highest, as we have learned since, and fascism and treason stalked the land and endangered the nation in the persons of Dump and the Republicans in general. But he chose to stay in his lane. Maybe he couldn't conceive of the absolute hypocrisy and lowness of the GOP, and of half the voters of this country. Or maybe he felt like "I've given you the tools to stop this man and if you don't well you deserve what you get."
                      Mueller made the idiotic mistake of trusting his friends in power. By the time he was able to comment they had already defanged his entire report. I fully admit part of my being gunshy with Garland was because he often reminds me of Mueller.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

That is how they nail mob bosses. Start with the small fry and work your way up the ladder squeezing nuts and granting amnesty. Get to the top, the bosses have nobody to dime out, and they take the hit. But it take a looooooooooooooooooooong time, and the next time the GOP controls the executive our entire justice system disappears to be replaced by the Stasi.
                        And this is why they will fail. They had a couple of years. One of them is already gone. And in 2023 there will be a republican house. Hell, they'll pull the plug on the DOJs finances if they have to to quash any real, useful investigating or prosecuting. republicans may be evil and most of them deserve to die slow, painful deaths, but at least they are good at what they do. Democrats are about as useless as a second dick on me would be.

Comment

I think this is going to be the end of the line, this will be as big as the dogs will get. They'll nail these guys on the seditious conspiracy charges, but I don't see it going any higher. Everyone who daydreams of sedition charges against people like Trump, Cruz, et al, are kidding themselves. You might hook a guy the level of Roger Stone or someone, but I think you're looking at the headliners in today's arrests, imho.
                          That is most likely correct...it would be hard to nail a sitting member of Congress. Anyone not in office though is fair game. A lot will depend on what gets found out. For example if Qolorado Qucumber was in league with these clowns (or the other groups that rumors have her linked with) she could be in trouble. Same with Gaetz and MTG. Cruz and Hawley though not likely.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

It is both. Most of them are already arrested, and facing the obstruction of Congress charge. This adds Rhodes and the guy who was manning the QRF force to that group, with those same charges, and adds the seditious conspiracy charge on top for all of them.
                            Could be. I saw an unrelated tweet that mentioned Rhodes never entered the capitol. Which is probably why they couldn't charge him with that unless he was part of something else. I don't know. Either way, that would kind of explain that aspect for him.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Yeah, literally no way. Not unless one of these dickheads has a text from Trump or Cruz. I could see dimbulbs like Jim Jordan or Gosar being involved via texts with these idiots. But I don't think Cruz is stupid enough to exchange texts with Rhodes. Obviously if they do have those goods, well, things change then and I'm sure you'd agree.
                              Code:
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                part of my being gunshy with Garland was because he often reminds me of Mueller.
                                You might still be right, but Garland has the benefit of seeing what happened to Mueller. It feels like it was run similarly (no leaks, no press, just reams of indictments dropping on a weekday out of the blue), but I think he has four years of experience of what's going on right now that Mueller was just unable to see.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X