Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GQP Thread: I'm even sick of that ****** number and, anyway, he's gone (for now)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Yeah, Sinema gave a big speech today about the filibuster.
    Please say she was telegraphing "give me enough money and/or attention and I'll do it." Because I would back the truck up to get voting rights. It may the only way to save democracy in this country.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

    Comment


    • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

      "There's just nothing we can do without appearing partisan", whine Democrats when faced with rampant partisanship from the right on a level not seen since the 1850s.
      Republicans have not feared looking blatantly partisan since Ronald Reagan, and they have gotten nothing but rewards for it. The magical thinking of academically-trained Democrats makes me ill, because its idealism is born of being at no personal risk. They can keep their white gloves immaculate because it is others' blood the Right sheds.

      I loathe the working class, but it's probably time to turn the Left over to it. At least they have no illusions.


      Last edited by Kepler; 01-13-2022, 12:41 PM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

        Please say she was telegraphing "give me enough money and/or attention and I'll do it." Because I would back the truck up to get voting rights. It may the only way to save democracy in this country.
        Nope. She believes in Republicans just like Manchin. Manchin who received zero Republican votes for his election reform bill.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

        Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

        Comment


        • Just for you Handy. Stuart Rhodes, founder of the Oath Keepers, and ten others charged with seditious conspiracy.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by rufus View Post
            Just for you Handy. Stuart Rhodes, founder of the Oath Keepers, and ten others charged with seditious conspiracy.
            Garland must have filed those charges while taking a break from thumb twiddling.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by rufus View Post
              Just for you Handy. Stuart Rhodes, founder of the Oath Keepers, and ten others charged with seditious conspiracy.
              Is nice. Can I haz life in prison? History says: bad idea to let Hitler back out.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

              Comment


              • Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

                Garland must have filed those charges while taking a break from thumb twiddling.
                Hopefully Dump, his family, Gosar, MTG, Hawley et al. are scheduled for the next break.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                Comment


                • Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

                  Garland must have filed those charges while taking a break from thumb twiddling.
                  As I've said before: You don't know what he's been doing.

                  Unlike the last administration, they don't all have to be out front in the media bragging about how great they are, and all the great things they've been doing. Maybe he's been spending that time having his people build a case.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

                  Comment


                  • Also, these guys are all big and bad when they're in a group with the rest of their buddies, stomping on unarmed women in a crowd. Deep down, they're just bullies and cowards at heart.

                    I have no doubts that at least half of these people charged, facing the prospect of 20 years, are gonna be singing like little beeches. I mean, have you seen a picture of Stewart Rhodes? He'll make someone a nice cell beech in prison.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by rufus View Post
                      Also, these guys are all big and bad when they're in a group with the rest of their buddies, stomping on unarmed women in a crowd. Deep down, they're just bullies and cowards at heart.

                      I have no doubts that at least half of these people charged, facing the prospect of 20 years, are gonna be singing like little beeches. I mean, have you seen a picture of Stewart Rhodes? He'll make someone a nice cell beech in prison.
                      Yes. One of the other Oath Keeper founders (and a guy that fired me back in 2001!) Jon Schaffer apparently flipped and turned state's evidence a few months ago. I wonder how much his cooperation aided this arrest.
                      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by rufus View Post

                        As I've said before: You don't know what he's been doing.

                        Unlike the last administration, they don't all have to be out front in the media bragging about how great they are, and all the great things they've been doing. Maybe he's been spending that time having his people build a case.
                        Didn't a bunch of people say that about Robert Mueller as he was going about quietly investigating trump and the Russian interference with our elections, behind the scenes and keeping leaks to a minimum? How did that turn out?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

                          Didn't a bunch of people say that about Robert Mueller as he was going about quietly investigating trump and the Russian interference with our elections, behind the scenes and keeping leaks to a minimum? How did that turn out?
                          Turned out like utter dog ****.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                          Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

                            Didn't a bunch of people say that about Robert Mueller as he was going about quietly investigating trump and the Russian interference with our elections, behind the scenes and keeping leaks to a minimum? How did that turn out?
                            What charges did Mueller bring?

                            Already way ahead of him.
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

                            Comment


                            • Exactly. Garland isn't incompetent and doesn't give a **** what the online wargarblsphere says. You do it right or you waste your one attempt. The reason they've been going after the small fries with obstruction of congress is that it's FAR easier to prove and carries about the same sentence as seditious conspiracy but so, so much easier to prove.

                              I'm not entirely sure why they chose to go after these asshats with sedition instead of obstructing congress. Maybe it's both. Maybe you can start charging others who aided it (in a lesser role) with more serious crimes. Either way, it's the next phase.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by rufus View Post

                                What charges did Mueller bring?

                                Already way ahead of him.
                                Unless we charge those responsible for planning and allowing the events of 1-6 to happen, I don't give a crap about some nobody guitar player of some nobody metal band that nobody has ever heard of being arrested or charged or pleading guilty or being convicted.

                                The handful, or even few hundred, that eventually will see the inside of a federal prison cell for a few months or years will not prevent the next 1-6 from happening. The congresspeople and members of the military and law enforcement who planned and allowed it going to prison is what is needed.

                                *eta* Now if the arrest of any of these low level scumbags actually leads to them providing useful information that then leads to arrests and convictions of those who are TRULY responsible for 1-6, then sure, Garlands DOJ will have accomplished something useful. Up to now there is no evidence of that more than a year after the attack.
                                Last edited by WeAreNDHockey; 01-13-2022, 02:18 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X